Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nightflyers (Syfy) "Skye" Promo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this sucks and that no one watches it. I hope no one buys any non asoiaf book he writes. This fat bastard has abandoned the people who made him rich and famous.

After watching the first season Game of Thrones I bought and read all the books. And I've been waiting ever since. I'm late to the party, what is it like for those who started in 1996?

If The Winds of Winter is ever published, does anyone have any faith that A Dream of Spring will see the light? I don't. Am I pissed at him and his endless procrastination? Yes.
I have no sources for this but I honestly believe he isn't all that interested in finishing ASOIAF. I don't think there's any way we're getting ADoS and I'm skeptical about us even getting TWoW. I think he still enjoys writing but he's moved on from ASOIAF. He probably sees that project as more of an obligation than a passion now. That's why he promotes everything but ASOIAF.

In addition, I've wondered how he's going to finish the books. I think the hardest thing for him to do is not contradict anything he wrote in the previous books. He has to keep note of all the characters and locations and make sure that anything new he writes doesn't oppose anything he wrote before since his attention to detail is a huge draw for me and a bunch of readers. He can't just put out another book due to demand because he'd risk making the same monumental mistakes D&D did.

As for Nightflyers, I would have to hear good things about it before I watched it. I probably won't even watch a single episode until the season is already complete.