Grimm Forum

Full Version: How the contract fits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Does anyone else think that the contract Adalind signed was the catalyst that set into motion the coming of zerstorer. There is nothing in the show that makes a direct connection between the contract and zerstorer. But given that they used the key story line to introduce the stick which had a connection to zerstorer. Then you have Diana and Eve, the only ones that can see the signs. We know that Diana was the result of the contract and the process. It would make since that Juliette becoming a hexenbiest was also related to what created Diana.
I will admit that is all assumptions and speculations, but I am wondering if anyone else thinks that the logic makes since.
I am not sure if logic was ever the strong suit in Grimm. I could see the return of power to Adeline, with the creation of the wonder hex Diana sending a signal to an alternate universe , as having some logical cause and effect. Of course, we would have needed another 2=3 seasons to get this issue resolved. Good question by the way.
since they where tying up lose ends. The idea of making a connection between zestorer and the contract would have tied up a lot of the unresolved issues.
1. Show the ramifications of signing the contract.
2. Give purpose to why Diana was so unusual.
3. Give a reason for why Juliette became a hexenbiest.
4. It would have shown that the prophecy was put in place from season one. Especially seeing as how they ended the serious with the last battle at the same spot where Nick solved his first case.
5. It would have also given Adalind cover for her actions, because it could then be said that what she did having Diana and the contract was destiny instead of a conscious self centered idea.
6. It would also show that Juliette transformation was destined and not an accident. The writers showed Diana and Eve having a connection to zestorer. But they did not take it as far as they where both created because of zestorer.

I could see why the writers did not go this direction. The concept of destiny vs choice is deep. Considering that many do not understand the Juliette to Eve transformation. I could see the arguments being people about control instead of seeing it as an explanation of prophecy being the act of following ones destiny.

Then again they could have left it ambiguous so the writers of fan fiction would have something to write about.
(03-29-2018, 10:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]since they where tying up lose ends. The idea of making a connection between zestorer and the contract would have tied up a lot of the unresolved issues.
1. Show the ramifications of signing the contract.
2. Give purpose to why Diana was so unusual.
3. Give a reason for why Juliette became a hexenbiest.
4. It would have shown that the prophecy was put in place from season one. Especially seeing as how they ended the serious with the last battle at the same spot where Nick solved his first case.
5. It would have also given Adalind cover for her actions, because it could then be said that what she did having Diana and the contract was destiny instead of a conscious self centered idea.
6. It would also show that Juliette transformation was destined and not an accident. The writers showed Diana and Eve having a connection to zestorer. But they did not take it as far as they where both created because of zestorer.

I could see why the writers did not go this direction. The concept of destiny vs choice is deep. Considering that many do not understand the Juliette to Eve transformation. I could see the arguments being people about control instead of seeing it as an explanation of prophecy being the act of following ones destiny.

Then again they could have left it ambiguous so the writers of fan fiction would have something to write about.

Your ability to connect dots that do not exist is amazingly in denial. Grant you, by Season 6, there were plenty of holes left unplugged, so let me plug up some of the ones that were plugged and you seem to overlook. Let us start:

Quote:1. Show the ramifications of signing the contract.
WTF. Signing a contract with a Gypsy had nothing to do with any prophecy. It was all about trading her Royal blooded child for her to get back her Hex back, through the ritual she needed help with.

Quote:2. Give purpose to why Diana was so unusual.
Diana was unusual because she was developing in Adalind’s womb while Adalind went through the “Contaminatio Ritualis” to get back her Hex while pregnant. Plus, she was rubbing her belly with the special jam that was concocted from the dead flowers in the carcass of the dead Hex Frau Pech

Quote:3. Give a reason for why Juliette became a hexenbiest.
Juliette became a Hex because she had to transform into Adalind to get Nick his Grimm back. Any time these potions were made to look like another they needed a part of that person, hair, skin, whatever it was with that DNA. Hence, for Juliette to transform into Adalind, the potion she inhaled had DNA from Adalind. This is how the Hex was transferred into Juliette, directly from Adalind’s DNA. When Nick did it to look like Sean, the Grimm in him blocked him from getting any impurities from Sean's Zouberbiest

Quote:4. It would have shown that the prophecy was put in place from season one. Especially seeing as how they ended the serious with the last battle at the same spot where Nick solved his first case.
That Hut was not where Nick solved his 1st case. He had been a cop for many years and had solved plenty of other cases before the Pilot Episode case. That case was his first case solved as a Grimm. In the end, in Season 6, it was picked for being remote in the woods, not because of any cases solved as a Grimm.

Quote:5. It would have also given Adalind cover for her actions, because it could then be said that what she did having Diana and the contract was destiny instead of a conscious self centered idea.
Pure contrived speculation of connecting dots that do not exist.

Quote:6. It would also show that Juliette transformation was destined and not an accident. The writers showed Diana and Eve having a connection to zestorer. But they did not take it as far as they where both created because of zestorer.
The connection to the Zestorer was from the stick’s healing powers. The connection became connected only after the stick was used to heal Nick and Juliette. Juliette was connected to Diana trough Adalind's transformations into Juliette and Juliette into Adalind. I have read some that a possible connection between Hex and Zestorer going back to ancient times. If this was so, why the connection to a Hex now, why not before the Stick came into being used. I see the connection between the Z guy and the stick, not the Hex.

Sorry to rain on your parade but those are the realities of the fantasy show, Grimm. Now if you wish to continue to overlook on some of the show’s simplicity, knock your self out
(03-29-2018, 04:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else think that the contract Adalind signed was the catalyst that set into motion the coming of zerstorer. There is nothing in the show that makes a direct connection between the contract and zerstorer. But given that they used the key story line to introduce the stick which had a connection to zerstorer. Then you have Diana and Eve, the only ones that can see the signs. We know that Diana was the result of the contract and the process. It would make since that Juliette becoming a hexenbiest was also related to what created Diana.
I will admit that is all assumptions and speculations, but I am wondering if anyone else thinks that the logic makes since.

I saw nothing that suggested any connection between the contract and Zerstorer. The Grimm treasure's prediction was that on a certain date in the future the stick would enable Zerstorer to pass from his realm into the world. Monroe's family bible and the theory that Zerstorer's staff was held by various other historical figures suggested that Zerstorer was at one time on this side of the mirror, which makes sense because if not, how would anyone here have known about him?

Diana's place in to sequence of events was that once Zerstorer realized she existed he chose her as his "child bride." There's no reason to believe that had Diana not been born Zerstorer wouldn't simply have chosen some other unfortunate youngster for that role. Diana being able to read the markings on the cloth is not especially key to the events, because the cloth was nothing more than someone's cryptic attempt to leave a warning that said, "for crying out loud, never use this #$%^ stick on this day," written using cloth and ink with terrible archival qualities. A warning that, of course, went unheeded.
I never said the show made a connection. I said they had enough pieces in place that they could have made a connection. I then explained how the connection could be made. making a lot of the lose ends fit together.

Had Eve and Diana not seen the symbols there never would have been knowledge that Zestorer or the other world existed. If it was being healed by the stick that allowed Eve to see the symbols. Then why couldn't Nick and Monroe see them. If it takes the stick, then how could Diana see them. She never came in contact with the stick.
Knowing about Zerstorer and the other world didn't do them one bit of good. If anything, finding out about that might even have been what caused the whole mess in the first place. If Eve and Diana hadn't used the stick to open the mirror portals, the worst thing they probably would have had to worry about was having to spend the rest of their lives not getting within arm's reach of mirrors.
(03-30-2018, 06:23 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]I never said the show made a connection. I said they had enough pieces in place that they could have made a connection. I then explained how the connection could be made. making a lot of the lose ends fit together.

Had Eve and Diana not seen the symbols there never would have been knowledge that Zestorer or the other world existed. If it was being healed by the stick that allowed Eve to see the symbols. Then why couldn't Nick and Monroe see them. If it takes the stick, then how could Diana see them. She never came in contact with the stick.

Again, you need to re-watch the show to clear up your confusion. Eve's ability to see the symbols came after she was healed in S5, E22 but before she saw the symbols she experienced a death grip when she was helping to clean up the Spice Shop of dead BC Wesen in S6, E1. This is what exposed her to the other/underworld and how the other or underworld was made aware of her.

Later on, in this same episode and after her death grip experience, Juliette saw some of the symbols on the cloth, one or two at a time. This is clearly not an example of “Who came first, the chicken or the egg”. These are exactly the sequences of events which you seem to conveniently confuse.

In S6. E2, the stick takes out a whole S.W.A.T. Team, or as they are called in Portland, S.E.R.T. Still in this episode, Juliette is only able to see part of the symbols and she and no one else is aware of the celestial time calendar on that same cloth. Towards the end of this episode is when Diana sees all the symbols at the same time and the celestial calendar.

Now you ask, well Why is Diana able to see all this? Well, I apologize for not being able to plug all the holes for you. Just one question from me. What part of Diana being a special child/Hex/whatever part of the show did you miss. As for my perspective, she is one of a kind of a special child that never occurred before.

Did you miss out on her play date with the Wesen Lt. Grossante, a Lowen, I might add, that kidnapped Diana for not getting his captain position from Sean? (Sarcasm Alert) - Just one more innocent Wesen Lowen caught up in the evil web controlled by the corrupt Grimm/cop, Nick Burkhardt. Besides, she is a walking sonogram. Wasn’t it Diana telling Rosalee first of her being pregnant with more than one baby? Labeling her as “Intuitive” is an understatement.

Evette doesn’t start to go haywire and starts graffiti-ing the tunnel walls until S6, E4. In S6, E5, Diana can see Juliette is in the tunnels carving away and is pulled out and moves in the fome with Nick, Adalind and family.

S6, E6, Evette tells Nick that Diana can see much more stuff on the cloth than she can.

In the beginning of S6, E7, Diana confronts Evette about how she misses her other mommy, Kelly Burkhardt. Only a few scenes later we see Evette, after taking a shower she experiences her first vision of the Zerstorer in the mirror.

Hey, maybe what led her down to this path is her guilt for what Diana reminded her for what she did. My way of connecting the dots makes a lot more sense than yours, for sure.

Recap, she is healed with the stick in S5, E22. Sees the “Z” guy in S6, E7. That’s how you connect the dots.

BTW, S6, E7 Blind Love. This is the episode where all you Nikollette fans get to wet your panties by seeing Evette going madly in love for Nick. Too bad Nick has eyes for Rosalee. Just one more episode where another poor innocent Wesen Cupiditas bites the dust. Death by Wu!
Quote:Again, you need to re-watch the show to clear up your confusion. Eve's ability to see the symbols came after she was healed in S5, E22 but before she saw the symbols she experienced a death grip when she was helping to clean up the Spice Shop of dead BC Wesen in S6, E1. This is what exposed her to the other/underworld and how the other or underworld was made aware of her.
If you use an explanation for one case it would need to hold up for others. That is why doing the transformation Juliette took on Adalinds abilities makes no sense. The explanation fails when you consider that there where three other times the spell was used with no side effects. Also Juliette then Eve had much more power then Adalind. So it could not be Adalinds powers she acquired. She is closer to Diana then she is to Adalind. True they said made hexenbiest are more powerful the natural hexenbiest. But that explanation has a problem when you consider Henrettas response. Obviously that was not the first made hexenbiest she heard about or she would not have had the things needed to test her.

When I was creating my possible scenario, I tried to account for the inconsistencies you only see as plot holes.
Quote:Hey, maybe what led her down to this path is her guilt for what Diana reminded her for what she did. My way of connecting the dots makes a lot more sense than yours, for sure.
We spent an entire season of hearing that Juliiette had regrets, but as Eve she didn't so how could it be guilt that connects the dots.
How could she regret Juliette if she was dead?
Only his body walked while his spirit did not exist.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10