Grimm Forum

Full Version: Could the series have work without Nick being a cop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We have some on the forum who think Nick should have left the force after becoming a Grimm.

Now remember we are talking a TV series so lets look a why they the made Nick a police officer and ask if the series would have worked as well if he wasn't.

With these as a guild 1. Wessen when woged DNA has changed, 2. Wessen when woged have no fingerprints. Taking out the labs for a wesen kill or crime.

So how would a non police officer get access to the info and than the Grimm Nick found the bad guy?

Wessen we know can and often do kill as wesen but you need a Grimm to know it was wessen.

We aren't debating the Police code in this only ways to split the two.
(02-06-2018, 11:34 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We have some on the forum who think Nick should have left the force after becoming a Grimm.

Now remember we are talking a TV series so lets look a why they the made Nick a police officer and ask if the series would have worked as well if he wasn't.

With these as a guild 1. Wessen when woged DNA has changed, 2. Wessen when woged have no fingerprints. Taking out the labs for a wesen kill or crime.

So how would a non police officer get access to the info and than the Grimm Nick found the bad guy?

Wessen we know can and often do kill as wesen but you need a Grimm to know it was wessen.

That is a good question. I think it would be possible the show to work with Nick as something else than a cop. But the show would certainly be completely different.
For example: what if Nick was a private detective? In this case, wesens would be hiring him to investigate or hunt another wesens. Maybe Nick working to the council is another option. But in those cases, all the show dynamics would change.
Another option is Nick working for the HW (or a similar black ops company) since the begging. But again we would have had new dynamics in the show.
In both cases I think the first change would be Nick finding out about his abilities. I can’t see the show starting with Nick knowing nothing and finding about wesen after in the options above.
The war against the royals would also be different because in the case of black ops Nick. Or he would be working for them or the black ops would be fighting them.
This is some thoughts about this question just to begin with.
(02-06-2018, 11:34 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We have some on the forum who think Nick should have left the force after becoming a Grimm.

PPD doesn't need a grimm to know it was wesen. There are wesen officers on the force who would know it as well. In addition, human officers seem to also be bringing offending wesen in at a much greater survival rate. The system seems to be working well for both wesen and human.
Maybe. There was a TV series called The Night Stalker. A PI, investigating "weird" cases the cops had dropped, always involving strange critters. Course, it lasted maybe one seasonSad. The hero did not make a lot of money and didn't have a girlfriend. Apparently a show before it's time.
(02-06-2018, 06:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

PPD doesn't need a grimm to know it was wesen. There are wesen officers on the force who would know it as well. In addition, human officers seem to also be bringing offending wesen in at a much greater survival rate. The system seems to be working well for both wesen and human.
Would you think the police officer wessen at that North PD would turn in a wessen crime or murder? Did you ever see a human officer figure out a wesen murder? The wesen caught by regular police IMO were those caught in the act.

(02-06-2018, 01:40 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

That is a good question. I think it would be possible the show to work with Nick as something else than a cop. But the show would certainly be completely different.
For example: what if Nick was a private detective? In this case, wesens would be hiring him to investigate or hunt another wesens. Maybe Nick working to the council is another option. But in those cases, all the show dynamics would change.
Another option is Nick working for the HW (or a similar black ops company) since the begging. But again we would have had new dynamics in the show.
In both cases I think the first change would be Nick finding out about his abilities. I can’t see the show starting with Nick knowing nothing and finding about wesen after in the options above.
The war against the royals would also be different because in the case of black ops Nick. Or he would be working for them or the black ops would be fighting them.
That was one of my thoughts use and PI working with say Hank might have been a way. Do you think they would have dropped the keys and the Royals?
(02-06-2018, 11:34 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2018, 01:40 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

That was one of my thoughts use and PI working with say Hank might have been a way. Do you think they would have dropped the keys and the Royals?

Maybe Nick as a PI would be the option to allow the show to change less. Maybe Sean as the owner of PI office and Nick working for him. Or Nick working alone but Sean being a rich man in the city and the most important of Nick's client.

Starting byt those points, I think it would be possible for the show plot to work as close as it was in the police version.

I have to think more about this, but that is my first thoughts.
(02-08-2018, 07:00 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Would you think the police officer wessen at that North PD would turn in a wessen crime or murder?

Actually, js, yes, I do think wesen police officers would turn in a wesen crime or murder. Human officers arrest humans, there's no reason why wesen officers wouldn't do the same. I believe that in many circumstances not seen on Grimm, wesen have much more integrity and honesty than their human counterparts.

(02-08-2018, 07:00 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever see a human officer figure out a wesen murder? The wesen caught by regular police IMO were those caught in the act.

No, I have not. But in all fairness to wesen, I don't believe that all criminal wesen actually woge. To begin with, the woge puts them at an unfair advantage. Not only can grimms see them, but also other wesen. It'd be much more to a criminal wesen's advantage to simply stay human. And while they are criminal wesen, I also believe that they frown upon woging and so refrain from it as much as possible.
That doesn't mean totally, but I think the ones who woge are more the rarity than the norm.
I do not see that a Wesen officer was more complete than a human before a criminal "Wesen".I think he would turn a blind eye and let the "Council Wesen "take over the situation.It is clearly seen that the human police were not to go.
(02-08-2018, 05:06 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2018, 07:00 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Would you think the police officer wessen at that North PD would turn in a wessen crime or murder?

Actually, js, yes, I do think wesen police officers would turn in a wesen crime or murder. Human officers arrest humans, there's no reason why wesen officers wouldn't do the same. I believe that in many circumstances not seen on Grimm, wesen have much more integrity and honesty than their human counterparts.

(02-08-2018, 07:00 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever see a human officer figure out a wesen murder? The wesen caught by regular police IMO were those caught in the act.

No, I have not. But in all fairness to wesen, I don't believe that all criminal wesen actually woge. To begin with, the woge puts them at an unfair advantage. Not only can grimms see them, but also other wesen. It'd be much more to a criminal wesen's advantage to simply stay human. And while they are criminal wesen, I also believe that they frown upon woging and so refrain from it as much as possible.
That doesn't mean totally, but I think the ones who woge are more the rarity than the norm.

Hi irukandji ...

I have to partially agree with on that. Basically, I remember a scene when Nick and Hank went to a prision to see a prisioner and many of the prioners were wesen. I don't think Nick alone was responsible for all the prisions. I mean, the show gave us the impression that grimms are few people on earth and much of them work as headhunter.
Nick is one of the few (if he is not the only one) grimms that work for the police. So, my point is that there are many police stations without a grimm to help them that are doing their job.
We can debate if a grimm can do a better job (like resolve more wesen crimes than a non grimm) or not. But certainly non grimm police officers are doing their job.

I think the point here is not about the show inside it (if a police station needs a grimm). I think the point is out the show: if the grimm wasn't a police officer, how this would affect the plot of the show?

I also think that a paralell question can be: what can a grimm do for live?

At least in the show we had Josh's father that hided himself (but I don't remeber what he did for life). All the others grimm were working in somekind of official/extraofficil goverment agency (HW and Nick as a cop) or they were working as mercenary (like Kelly). Nick said his aunt Marie were library, but I don't think that was true.

So, at least the show gave us the impression that a grimm can't have a normal job, at least in the plot we watched. So I think that to change this some important points of the plot would have to be changed.
In Rhinebeck it must have been a librarian and then when took care of Nick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5