Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick and Juliette's relationship? (season 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
were they ever a happy couple? Should Nick have told Juliette the truth from the start? would juliette have said yes if nick proposed during the first episode? nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.
I don't think he enjoyed lying but he felt it was necessary. When things got out of his control because of Adalind, it didn't help matters. She thought he was crazy so she wouldn't have believed him initially or a smoke screen to him cheating, at least until Monroe can prove he wasn't lying. She would have adjusted accordingly if given the chance and likely accepted the proposal sooner provided Nick asked her again. This doesn't negate Juliette becoming a target for wesen. How she deals with that may not be different to what we saw, especially Adalind, the scenes from S2 aside, since those relied on Juliette being ignorant of the truth.
IMO, she would have accepted his proposal, in that first episode, if Aunt Marie showed up the night after. He was planning to propose that evening. Aunt Marie, showing up on that crucial day, postponed his plans to propose and initiated a series of events to keep him pre-occupied, including his initial lack of disclosing what was happening to him and the Wesen world.
(10-31-2017, 11:36 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, she would have accepted his proposal, in that first episode, if Aunt Marie showed up the night after. He was planning to propose that evening. Aunt Marie, showing up on that crucial day, postponed his plans to propose and initiated a series of events to keep him pre-occupied, including his initial lack of disclosing what was happening to him and the Wesen world.

Yes, if Marie showed up a day later than she did, Juliette would have said yes.
(11-01-2017, 12:16 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2017, 11:36 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, she would have accepted his proposal, in that first episode, if Aunt Marie showed up the night after. He was planning to propose that evening. Aunt Marie, showing up on that crucial day, postponed his plans to propose and initiated a series of events to keep him pre-occupied, including his initial lack of disclosing what was happening to him and the Wesen world.

Yes, if Marie showed up a day later than she did, Juliette would have said yes.

Great minds think alike!
(10-31-2017, 08:56 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: [ -> ]were they ever a happy couple? Should Nick have told Juliette the truth from the start? would juliette have said yes if nick proposed during the first episode? nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.
Hi Wispy,
You posed some interesting questions about Nick and Juliette's relationship:

were they ever a happy couple?
IMO, Nick was happy with the relationship and loved her. He endured a lot of "crap" but remained faithful, even willing to die for her (be killed by her).
As I have posted before, through the end of season 4, IMO she was playing him as her fool to get free rent. She feigned love, but was only his (phony) fwb.

Should Nick have told Juliette the truth from the start?
IMO, Nick was correct not to tell her. He wanted to protect her and the relationship. When he did tell her she flipped out. IMO, her reaction to the truth proved he was correct to "protect" her.

would juliette have said yes if nick proposed during the first episode?
That is a tougher question. If she put him off, then his later proposals would likely have the same replies as before' If she said yes, she would have needed to put off the wedding and eventually return the the ring. Regardless, if the episodes unfolded much as written, since she would have stayed on for free rent. It would have been tough for G&K to keep them together after she returned the ring. The cat scratch fever / wild lust plot would have been interesting when the Renard vs Nick "face off" happened if she was actually engaged.

nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.
As I said above, he wanted to "protect" her. IMO he did not enjoy keeping the Grimm world secret from her. My sister has a friend who is a retired CIA guy. He does not (and cannot) reveal everything to his wife. She does not expect him to tell all his stories. IMO, Juliette was not entitled to everything Nick knew as a cop and a Grimm. The stories and information recorded by his Grimm ancestors was privileged and IMO, Nick shared too much with too many.

N G
I think she might have said yes before Marie showed up, but I always thought from the moment Marie showed her face that these 2 were doomed. I really couldn't stand their relationship in season 2 and the amnesia arc seemed to go on forever ruining an otherwise solid season. The only time I found them quite tolerable together was in season 3 when they were fairly stable as a couple.

I think there is no doubt they loved each other very much but I always got a feeling right from the pilot he loved her slightly more than she loved him. I personally can't blame her for turing down his proposal though beacuse she knew he was keeping secrets from her.

After season 4 ,I knew these two were done for good because you can get past a lot of things in a relationship , but can you really get past spending the rest of your life with the woman responsible for orchestrating the vicious be heading of your mom. I certainly think Nick still loves her and will always but he's certainly not in love with her anymore.
(11-01-2017, 02:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.
As I said above, he wanted to "protect" her. IMO he did not enjoy keeping the Grimm world secret from her. My sister has a friend who is a retired CIA guy. He does not (and cannot) reveal everything to his wife. She does not expect him to tell all his stories. IMO, Juliette was not entitled to everything Nick knew as a cop and a Grimm. The stories and information recorded by his Grimm ancestors was privileged and IMO, Nick shared too much with too many.

N G

This is been my point from day one. All this talk about Nick keeping secrets from Juliette for some devious or untrusting reasons is bull crap. It’s what Juliette sympathizers want to use to excuse her for her betrayal, to Nick and his mom.

I have friends and relatives that are LE. They might not be CIA, but they do not indulge in all what they do, on the job, to family, friends and their life partners. This is a job that you do not always take home and talk about it at dinner time, what happened at the office every day, might have to stay at the office. Capisce?

If Juliette and the rest of her fans expect a cop, especially a detective to indulge his family in all what they do, might be in conflict with possible internal procedural rules and possible break some laws. Now, I am not admitting, some instances, could have been discussed. I also think he should have eased into it slowly, instead of keep it all a secret then do a “data dump” all at once and expected her to just say “OK’! Better yet, ye old SNL Church Lady reply, “never mind”

For anyone expecting Nick to divulge all what was occurring to him, on a daily basis and report details to Juliette is unrealistic

(11-01-2017, 03:32 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]After season 4 ,I knew these two were done for good because you can get past a lot of things in a relationship , but can you really get past spending the rest of your life with the woman responsible for orchestrating the vicious be heading of your mom. I certainly think Nick still loves her and will always but he's certainly not in love with her anymore.

Careful Henry, some contributors still insist that such a talented intelligent intuitive woman was totally oblivious to anticipating Kelly being killed.
I do think there's a difference between Nick's cop side and Grimm side. I wouldn't expect Nick to share all the details about his cop life to Juliette either. His Grimm side is a bit different though.

Both of those things or worth being kept secret, his Grimm side arguably more so, but Juliette knew she was with a cop so I don't think she expected to be told everything. She didn't know he was a Grimm so him hiding things from her on that account and her wondering just what the hell he's hiding should not be held against her. Juliette signed up to be with a cop but not a Grimm. Nick shouldn't be excused for hiding things from her if he was going to stay with her and eventually propose to her. He only decided to reveal the truth once her life was literally in danger. Nick doesn't get a pass for keeping his heritage from her if he wants to share the rest of his life with her.

I'm only talking about their relationship and his withholding of information in season 1. Juliette learned about him being a Grimm and the wesen world at the end of season 2 so she doesn't get excused for their communication issues since she openly decided to be a part of that world rather than leave him.
(10-31-2017, 08:56 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: [ -> ]were they ever a happy couple? Should Nick have told Juliette the truth from the start? would juliette have said yes if nick proposed during the first episode? nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.

Juliette might have said yes to Nick's proposal just prior to Aunt Marie showing up. Their relationship would still have progressed the way it was depicted. Nick would have kept his secret for a while. She would still have been the third wheel in S1. Then in S2, as Nick's fiancee, she would have been under the love spell and dreaming about Sean. It would have been even more awkward when Nick moved out of his house.

Even though they had some issues (plus, IMO there had been something sorta off about them), I thought they were happy with each other as a couple. Nick did seem more into the relationship some times but Juliette was loving towards Nick. Later was when she started to resent how him being a grimm interfered with the life she had imagined for them. Plus there had been costs as well as the other issues.

(11-01-2017, 07:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Nick doesn't get a pass for keeping his heritage from her if he wants to share the rest of his life with her.

He doesn't get a pass for that. That's why from S1 I had felt there was something off about the relationship. He was so in love with her yet hesitant to confide in her. He had been with her for a number of years and would have known her well enough. Even if her initial reaction would have been one of disbelief it should have been understandable. As someone who would have shared his life, she would have eventually come around. He didn't seem to trust in that right away.

(11-01-2017, 02:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]nick enjoyed lying to her and was worried about her leaving him.

N G

Good point.
I didn't think he enjoyed lying to her too. I thought he felt he had to based on what he knew about their relationship. There was stuff he could have revealed. However she was not entitled get every little detail.
Pages: 1 2