Grimm Forum

Full Version: Star Trek: Discovery [Megathread]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Premieres Tonight September 24th, 2017 on CBS at 8:30 p.m. ET, 7:30 p.m. CT. Immediately after the first episode airs on CBS, the second episode will be available on CBS All Access only.

After premiere night, new episodes will be available on CBS All Access each Sunday.
Just watched the first two episodes, anyone else catch the premiere tonight? I liked it, it'll be one of the shows I'll be watching this fall.
(09-24-2017, 10:14 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]Just watched the first two episodes, anyone else catch the premiere tonight? I liked it, it'll be one of the shows I'll be watching this fall.

I did watch the first episode on normal CBS and enjoyed it but as I said on another thread I have no interest in paying for another service for just one show.
I also watched it on Sunday on regular broadcast CBS. @thecdn, I'm with you on this one. I'm not going to pay for another subscription service just to watch one show.

Beside, I thought it was only kinda *meh* anyway. Sad
Took them a whole two hours just to explain to us how the main character gets from her previous ship onto the actual ship in the series. I didn't care all that much for Deep Space Nine, but I think they managed to do the same thing in about ten minutes.

The pilot episode/s don't tell me anything about what I'll think of the series. Maybe when they actually get to the Discovery part.
(09-27-2017, 10:39 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Took them a whole two hours just to explain to us how the main character gets from her previous ship onto the actual ship in the series.

You can be the official Grimm Forum Star Trek Discovery reviewer so cheap people like me can get our fixes.... Big GrinTongue
Unfortunately, the 7 day free trial will run out before the next episode. Smile
I happened upon the show on Sunday as I was flipping channels while multitasking on my laptop. I tried to watch (rather listen) but after a while I realized I wasn't hearing distinguishable words. I looked at the TV and it was still on but then realized I was supposed to be reading the action, so I gave up. LOL.
I wasn't captivated by the little that I had seen or listened to so I'm not bothered by CBS's new stunt. I'll probably re-watch when I can actually pay attention to see how I really feel and to know if I would be following/watching the show.
I think I was hoping for more of the same, you know? Discovery of new cultures/life-forms, exploration and d i s c o v e r y, not war war boom bang zap explode... :/
I am kind of intrigued now, sitting at the start of episode three... a little unsure given the start BUT interested in the character development and new twist of fate.
Pages: 1 2