Grimm Forum

Full Version: Future of grimms and wesens - acceptance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Nick and Adalind seem to be the first grimm/wesen couple to settle down together and have a mixed baby, how would the wesen world view them and what would it mean for their son Kelly and any other children they might have in the future? I know there were wesen who had a difficult time accepting Monroe and Rosalee's mixed union despite being both wesen, but it must likely be horrifying to hear that a grim (worst enemy) would end up having a family with a wesen. Would they be shunned by other wesens apart from Rosalee, Monroe, and Bud, or would this union of theirs be the start of a new more accepting relationship between grimms and wesen?
I think they would have great support but there would also be "Wesen" against.
You can never conform to everyone.
I can imagine one scenario. The world of Wesen and Grimm unite for one single cause, to take them out. I mean the whole gang, including Diana, kelly, Monroe, Rosalee and the Triplets The outcome of that would spread like wildfire between both communities as a warning, then go back to normal. Wesen trying to avoid decapitations, while Grimms trying to get as many Wesen heads separated from their torsos.

I know it’s a simplistic prediction, but I am a simple man. If you are looking for sick twisted scenarios. Wait for a post from Hexeandler.
(08-29-2017, 10:29 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]If you are looking for sick twisted scenarios. Wait for a post from Hexeandler.

You are on a roll today Cool
Mixed wesen relationships are frowned upon, a wesen and a grimm will be all the more unacceptable. Their only saving grace is that hexenbiests are typically hated by the other wesen so having a grimm/hexenbiest is like the two most hated people getting together. You don't really care for it but you're not directly affected by it so you can look the other with distaste. Their offspring is bound to be deemed an abomination by the more radical sectors and thus hunted down because why not, it's a twofir and I'm sure someone would make a sport out of it but considering it's a grimm and a hexenbiest child, I would never risk having those parents come after me over their child. Nick, who was perhaps the most mild grimm we had the chance to meet, went a little crazy when Adalind and Kelly ended up under BC's thumb. Although he attacked Renard after hearing about Meisner's death, it looked more like Nick used Meisner as an excuse to beat the snot out of the man that stole his family, it didn't work out for him then.
Considering that in real life some people still consider mixed couples as morally wrong and can be dangerous for the people involved, ever tho they have been legal for decades, Nick and Adeline will face years of trouble from other Grimms, hex's, and assorted wessen. Some wessen helped by Nick(Bud's lodge) might be accepting, others might not say anything to their faces(dangerous) but shun them when they safely can. The Wessenrine probably has a lot surviving supporters from all types of wessen. Rosalee said the Council officially was not opposed to mixing, but many members thought it was wrong . Dianna would probably be safe, but Kelly and the Tripplets can expect a life time of trouble.
(08-29-2017, 10:29 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]I can imagine one scenario. The world of Wesen and Grimm unite for one single cause, to take them out. I mean the whole gang, including Diana, kelly, Monroe, Rosalee and the Triplets The outcome of that would spread like wildfire between both communities as a warning, then go back to normal. Wesen trying to avoid decapitations, while Grimms trying to get as many Wesen heads separated from their torsos.

I know it’s a simplistic prediction, but I am a simple man.If you are looking for sick twisted scenarios. Wait for apost from Hexeandler.

that actually makes sense but like rpmaluki wrote, Nick being a well known Grimm with a feared reputation, adalind a hexenbiest, as well as going up against the likes of Truble and Eve, not to mention the all powerful Diana might just make them too much to handle. For both wesen and Grimms alike. The news would have spread by that time that Nick and his group were responsible for taking down Black Claw in Portland, so they might be hated but also shown respect. However I do have a feeling that the more progressive sections of the wesen community might actually form an outreach to Nick and his wesen family and might try to forge a new alliance between Grimms and wesen based on acceptance, kinda like what the Civil Rights activists did. I wouldn't be surprised that if a new council were formed, and say Alexander had an influence in it, there would be some form of acceptance even if unspoken between Grimms and wesens. Truble is part of a new generation of Grimms so there's a chance that this new breed of Grimms might be more accepting of wesen, except for the bad ones. They could end up being the law enforcement part of the wesen community, only taking out the criminal wesens rather than indiscriminately killing any wesen they would come across.
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)wesen Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2017, 10:29 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]I can imagine one scenario. The world of Wesen and Grimm unite for one single cause, to take them out. I mean the whole gang, including Diana, kelly, Monroe, Rosalee and the Triplets The outcome of that would spread like wildfire between both communities as a warning, then go back to normal. Wesen trying to avoid decapitations, while Grimms trying to get as many Wesen heads separated from their torsos.

I know it’s a simplistic prediction, but I am a simple man.If you are looking for sick twisted scenarios. Wait for apost from Hexeandler.

that actually makes sense but like rpmaluki wrote, Nick being a well known Grimm with a feared reputation, adalind a hexenbiest, as well as going up against the likes of Truble and Eve, not to mention the all powerful Diana might just make them too much to handle. For both wesen and Grimms alike. The news would have spread by that time that Nick and his group were responsible for taking down Black Claw in Portland, so they might be hated but also shown respect. However I do have a feeling that the more progressive sections of the wesen community might actually form an outreach to Nick and his wesen family and might try to forge a new alliance between Grimms and wesen based on acceptance, kinda like what the Civil Rights activists did. I wouldn't be surprised that if a new council were formed, and say Alexander had an influence in it, there would be some form of acceptance even if unspoken between Grimms and wesens. Truble is part of a new generation of Grimms so there's a chance that this new breed of Grimms might be more accepting of wesen, except for the bad ones. They could end up being the law enforcement part of the wesen community, only taking out the criminal wesens rather than indiscriminately killing any wesen they would come across.
IMO, growing up during the Civil Rights era, you never had to worry about the progressive faction among the population, which included rich and poor, "educated" and non-educated, black and white. You had to worry about others who were threatened by the change, who knew they stood to lose because of change. By the way, there still are a large number of those around. Those are the ones who will give all the gang and their offspring trouble for years to come. There is a lot to be said for a mild dose of paranoia when you are shaking up the way things are