Grimm Forum

Full Version: would kelly have continued to raise nick if he was already a grimm before she left?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
would kelly have continued to raise nick if he was already a grimm before she left?
(07-16-2017, 12:20 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: [ -> ]would kelly have continued to raise nick if he was already a grimm before she left?

It did not matter if Nick was already a Grimm or not. Kelly left Nick because he was a child and feared for his life. She, the hunter, became the hunted. The car accident she was supposed to have been killed was not an accident. She left him with her closest relative, her sister and another Grimm that was not being hunted yet. Knowing if he grew up to be or already was a Grimm, he would have proper guidance as such
It would have been very difficult to have a teenager in tow, especially if you didn't have a lot of money. Teens get cranky when they move about, they want to keep their old friends, constantly changing names, getting in and out of schools with forged documents would be a pain, and if you were killed, they would probably go into foster care-something that can cause a lot of trouble later, even if not given to an unfriendly wessen. Renard was lucky his mom had a lot of money and friends all over the place. A lot of those were probably hex's. Better to be out in the open with an aunt, raised closer to "normal".
I think things would've played out largely the same. Kelly left Nick because of the big target on her back. She wouldn't have faked her death otherwise. Nick would've received more of a Grimm education out of necessity but he still would've been left with Aunt Marie.

The deaths of her husband and friend probably made Kelly feel like a burden on her family. She was most likely afraid of the same thing happening to Nick. He was still too young to properly defend himself even if he became a Grimm earlier. Nick probably wouldn't have had much training at that point so his presence would be detrimental to both he and Kelly.
I think Kelly would have left Nick regardless. Maybe he reminded her too much of her husband. Either way, I still think she's a terrible mother for not even attempting to get Nick when things calmed down.