Grimm Forum

Full Version: Twin Peaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone plans on watching the new "Twin Peaks" limited series that begins airing on Showtime tonight?

I dont get Showtime so I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Sad
@wfmyers1207 I've been curious about this show, but I haven't seen the original series. Do you know if I can jump into this show without watching the original?
(06-21-2017, 09:45 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]@wfmyers1207 I've been curious about this show, but I haven't seen the original series. Do you know if I can jump into this show without watching the original?

I'm not sure, but I think this is intended to be a stand alone type of event series.
(06-21-2017, 09:45 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if I can jump into this show without watching the original?

You can do that, but i guarantee you, you won't understand a single thing. Big Grin
I highly recommend watching the original before, which includes the two TV-Seasons, the feature movie and it's deleted scenes "The missing pieces" - in that order.

And even if you do that, the event series is partly very hard to follow as there are hidden hints and clues to millions of details shown on the original show and the movie.

Before watching any of the new event get yourself the "Twin Peaks - The complete mystery" set on bluray for example on zavvi.com as it's quite cheap there at the moment.

Twin Peraks is nothing to watch in between things, you have to stay focused the whole time.
But if you are ready for that, you will be very rewarded by diving into a marvellous and beautiful little Universe that David Lynch created there. Smile