Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Renard really blame Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Renard told Diana that Nick's the reason they weren't a family
did he really blame nick?
(08-05-2017, 10:11 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: [ -> ]Renard told Diana that Nick's the reason they weren't a family
did he really blame nick?

He might have tried to convince her so she would knock off Nick for him after Nick was no longer needed by Sean. I think Diana was able to see trough him. Yes, he was her biological father but she also saw the philandering man he really was. He surrounded her mom with bad people like Bonaparte and his CW gang. She wasn’t crazy for the Royals either. She probably could have stopped Meisner from killing her Grandad, The King, but she didn’t.

She also saw the good in Nick. After the birth of her half-brother, Kelly, Nick was there to support and provide for her and her mom. She was also aware that her mom was falling more for Nick than her father.
I don't believe Renard cared one whit about Adalind.

At the time he only wanted to get rid of Nick, who had outplayed him. He was trying to manipulate his daughter into doing his dirty work for him but Diana is her own person. She's been able to judge characters almost accurately since birth. She's made a bad call here and there like not realising mama Kelly and then Juliette were taking her away from her mother. We know she later retaliates against Eve during that mind connection she tried to foster between herself and Adalind when Eve accidentally "eavesdropped" on her making contact with Adalind.

The extent of Renard caring about being a family with Adalind stretches as far as his bruised ego. Nick having the family that could have been his doesn't really compute because "he" didn't want to have that family in the first place. Black Claw wanted it for him. The man didn't even stop sleeping with Rachel until she put a stop to it because Bonaparte realised it was interfering with his plans. He might regret the fact that Nick is now a permanent fixture/father figure in his daughter's life but nothing more than that.
I agree that Renard didn't blame Nick for him not having a traditional family. Renard didn't even want one in the first place. He was just trying to get Diana to eliminate Nick.

Renard wasn't all that interested in Adalind. He didn't give her a second thought until BC told him he needed to create the family image. He would've been talked into running for mayor without the need for Adalind and Diana. Renard would've run as a bachelor if he could win without a family.

I can't say Renard would blame Nick without him having an overwhelming need to be with Adalind and Diana. I think saying Renard really wanted them and blaming Nick for it not happening would be romanticizing him in a way.