Grimm Forum

Full Version: Black Lightning CW Season 1 Trailer - New DCTV Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

'Black Lightning,' 'Life Sentence' Land CW Series Pickups; 'Originals,' 'iZombie' Renewed
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...ed-1002468
DC Comics take Black Lightning, originally developed at Fox, brings Hart of Dixie grad Cress Williams back to the network to take on the role of Jefferson Pierce, the hero who he hung up his suit and his secret identity years ago. But with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend — Black Lightning.
Seems interesting. This just reminds me that I would love to see DC make an attempt at a Static Shock movie. They could never put Static on TV since he would have to be played down just as much if not more than Flash and Supergirl because of the budget. Seeing him glide around in addition to his powers would be a rare occurrence on TV. It would be awesome to see on the big screen.

I wish I had more to say about Black Lighting but I've never heard of him. I'll give it a try since Legends of Tomorrow has surprisingly become my favorite show in the Arrowverse. I like how they openly embrace their silliness. Although it seems like Black ⚡ will be more gritty like Arrow.
Hmm, looks like it could be interesting. Although I wonder if they have the guts to really address the kind of garbage that goes on in some inner cities.

The truth is black on black violence is pandemic. A black person is 9 times more likely to be killed by someone else who is black than anyone white. Sad

Are they going to have the guts to deal with that instead of being politically correct?? Huh
I think they might go there in the New Orleans setting. It's just as politically correct to address it. Plenty of Black people acknowledge it just as much as police brutality.

Besides, I always thought that someone from a particular race is much more likely to be killed by someone of their own race no matter which race it is.
(05-19-2017, 10:19 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, I always thought that someone from a particular race is much more likely to be killed by someone of their own race no matter which race it is.

Yes, you are right. Often people are killed by people they know including spouses etc.
Black Lightning Official Trailer Breakdown and Easter Eggs Explained