Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick/Juliette/Eve vs Nick/Adalind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, sorry that I bring that subject up again. But I'm still upset. And here is the question:

Can you Nadalind shipper prove us Nickliette shipper that we are wrong? Can you proof us that Adalind isn't the runner-up? Are there any proofs?

You said we must prove it - or - we come up with absurd ideas - so the question is, what makes you believe that we are wrong? Sure, that's in the viewers view - or just in the view of each shipper.

It's the same with Nadalind happily ever after 20 years - are there any proofs that's true, sorry but I dare to doubt.

It's an honestly question. Without hate or something - but you need to convince us Smile
Nobody needs to convince you. You either accept it or you don't. It's as simple as that. You're determined not to believe Nick and Adalind are legit regardless of how the show ended with Nick happily embracing Adalind or the fact that Diana's "Mom and Dad" including the writers adding that they are basically still together and happy is evidence enough and that's your right. The only thing I can offer is for you to be satisfied in your opinion and let others do the same in theirs because this thread is a fruitless endeavor that may only frustrate you unnecessarily.
I think they -Adalind and Nick- become happier and more successful because they both had difficult childhoods.
I don't think a shipping debate is going to do much good. Shipping implies that its based on feelings more so than established facts. No one is going to be able to convince anyone who thinks Nick and Adalind aren't happy and in love that they are. It's a losing proposition just as much as the opposite happening.

I still think Nick loves Juliette and would do just about anything to aid her but he's not in love with her. He used to be but he's not any longer because he's now in love with Adalind.

Juliette is not a loser because she's not with Nick. Adalind is the not the grand winner in all of this because she ended up with him. I'd like to think their characters have more worth than being Nick's SO. Juliette's newfound purpose in life and Adalind's determination to provide a good life for her children define them more than their relationship with Nick.
(05-18-2017, 09:54 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, sorry that I bring that subject up again. But I'm still upset. And here is the question:
Can you Nadalind shipper prove us Nickliette shipper that we are wrong? Can you proof us that Adalind isn't the runner-up? Are there any proofs?

Bitsie & Claire supporter
I love children too.

Juliette did the following:

Season 1 - She turned Nick down saying he was keeping secrets.
Season 2 - She threatened to leave Portland if Nick did not tell his secrets.
Season 3 - End of season 3 and the beginning of season 4, Juliette tried to get Nick to see that being a grimm was not going to let them have the traditional marriage that they once wanted but if he wanted to be stay/become a grimm again and he accepted a non traditional relationship it was okay. Juliette wanted to be part of his grimm world.
Season 4 - After Nick got his powers back and as Juliette became a Hexenbiest she knew that it would be a challenge for her rediscover herself and rebuild her relationship with Nick. Once Juliette realized that Nick could not let go of his image of early Juliette and him in a traditional marriage she left him and avoided his phone calls. She stopped believing that she could control herself and was upset. That created a bad cycle whereas Juliette lost more control she lost her friends more and then she was more upset/out of control. Juliette fell apart after finding out that Adalind was about to have Nicks baby. Nick was willing to assist Adalind, a hexenbiest that knew herself, using an unconventional relationship to keep his son safe. Juliette had a lot more raw powers than Adalind but did have more self-control since she been a hexenbiest only for a short while. Adalind wanted to be mom more than be traditional hexenbiest and that was not going to help Juliette. Juliette allowed herself to be setwp by Ken to hurt Adalind and Nick by taking Diana and giving her to the king. Juliette tried to kill Nick at the end of season 4 partly to get him to kill her and if he would not she would kill him to end her suffering.
Season 5 - HW used force to get Juliette to start controlling herself again. HW suggested that she joint them and pretend to a different person so she would not have to think about her mistakes. Juliette without her friends like the idea and she became Eve. Eve went back to her friends to try to get them to support her HW missions.
Season 6 - If Nick had never became a grimm, Juliette and Nick would have married in season one.

Without HW, Eve found her own missions got support from her friends for them but she made mistakes. Eve, Nick and the gang were able to let go of the past and build a new future where sometimes all of them could work together as a team. Eve got Nick to stop feeling guilty that Eve was not living a fairy tale life and she was fine with her life. At the end, Eve had all her friends back including Nick, still had self-control, and was finding a new role in the wesen world just not a traditional one so I saw her as a winner.

In Nick's head, he saw early Juliette in a traditional relationship vs Adalind with his baby and later with Diana. This was why Juliette/Eve was so annoyed with him. Nick never was interested in a mate that was part of his grimm life instead he wanted to go home and lead unrelated life and he believed that to keep his family safe they would have to lead a isolated life that Eve or any version of Juliette would have never accepted.

(05-18-2017, 11:36 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette's newfound purpose in life and Adalind's determination to provide a good life for her children define them more than their relationship with Nick.

Exactly, that is how I see Juliette/Eve & Adalind defined by who they are and not defined by who they are or not having sex with.
(05-18-2017, 09:54 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, sorry that I bring that subject up again. But I'm still upset. And here is the question:

You said we must prove it - or - we come up with absurd ideas - so the question is, what makes you believe that we are wrong? Sure, that's in the viewers view - or just in the view of each shipper.

It's the same with Nadalind happily ever after 20 years - are there any proofs that's true, sorry but I dare to doubt.

It's an honestly question. Without hate or something - but you need to convince us Smile

It wouldn't matter what I said. You'd still deny it. The best proof I can give you is the last two plus seasons. They've done nothing but build and affirm their relationship, over that time. The show ends with a twenty year jump, where the evidence of their unity is made evident. And the writers have said as much in post show interviews. Adalind has never been anything but loyal to Nick during there time together. They've both expressed love for each other. Eve made note of the fact that Nick loved Adalind. The conversation Nick and Eve had in the other place, was intended to put this to rest, with Eve going as far as to say he "used to love" her. The operative phrase being, "used to". When Nick returns to the past and finds himself with those he lost, his affection for Adalind is the most palpable. He gives her a passionate kiss and can't keep his hands off of her. She is central in this moment, meaning she is central in the writers vision of his future. There is no ambivalence in the way this is presented. And in the end, there is no proof to the contrary. Nothing would give any indication of a rekindling of Nick and Juliette. He makes no romantic gestures toward her. We see little more than shadows of the past and concern for a friend. Adalind is never portrayed as jealous in any way. No tension is ever established between Nick and Adalind. They rarely even argue. Everything is structured to support their union. At every possible opportunity to have Adalind return to her old ways, they've made certain to go the opposite direction. They have given them a ready made family and shown that both have a great, mutual desire for this. To be honest, I'm not sure why I would even need to defend the obvious. If anything, you should be trying to make a case as to why Nick and Eve were the ones to get together. Because I haven't seen one iota of evidence to support that fanciful notion.
(05-18-2017, 09:54 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same with Nadalind happily ever after 20 years - are there any proofs that's true, sorry but I dare to doubt.

At the end of the "Adalind raped Nick" thread I have collected G&K quotes about this.
Nick and Adalind still being together and his happiness before the epilogue is tough to ignore. The onus would be on the writers to convince the audience they broke up or aren't really happy together. They would've needed to show something that blatantly contradicted them being happy with each other based on how the series ended.

The final scene with Nick and the gang together and the epilogue were put there to show a feel-good ending. There was no ambiguity in the finale or even in the episodes leading up to it. Nick and Adalind weren't shown having any major conflicts in their relationship. He made it a point to get Adalind away from the clutches of Renard, Juliette feeling that he was in love with Adalind, him saying he would go crazy without her, and telling his mother that he wanted her back. The epilogue showed nothing that indicated otherwise.

These are the things that actually happened. No one is trying to get anyone to feel differently about it. You won't get any criticism from me for not liking it.
Even Spuffy was believable and sweeter. But hey it's great that everyone have an own taste and prefered the other more and the other less...But good for the Nickliette shipper there will soon be a true wedding and I am so happy for David and Bitsie <3
(05-18-2017, 02:22 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Even Spuffy was believable and sweeter. But hey it's great that everyone have an own taste and prefered the other more and the other less...But good for the Nickliette shipper there will soon be a true wedding and I am so happy for David and Bitsie <3

Every grimm supporter should be happy that grimm actors found a spouse and many friends doing the show.

Both early Juliette and Bitsie are very expressive people. Nick the grimm is too serious, not funny and not that friendly to strangers. David's personality is like the opposite of Nick. David and Bitsie are expressive people whose faces are in sync. They are light, funny and friendly to strangers. Both admit they would never want to be a grimm in real life.

Every year in grimm they made Nick darker and darker.
Pages: 1 2