Grimm Forum

Full Version: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-11-2017, 07:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]You know, it makes me wonder why a guy like Meisner is so well liked and is such a popular character. In reality, he's cut from the same cloth as Renard. But yet Renard is despised. Does it just come down to Meisner making himself a likeable character, versus Renard, who could care less if anyone likes him or not?

I hated the fact that he used car bombs to kill people right from the start that is the purest form of terrorists and we saw no other group use it. When you saw him beating up someone in season 5 you always assumed it was Juliette but I still think it was Trubel who was hitting him back (end of 502 or 503). IMO Trubel needed to be beat up to do her mission which ended up at Nick's loft.
(06-11-2017, 07:54 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]I hated the fact that he used car bombs to kill people right from the start that is the purest form of terrorists and we saw no other group use it. When you saw him beating up someone in season 5 you always assumed it was Juliette but I still think it was Trubel who was hitting him back (end of 502 or 503). IMO Trubel needed to be beat up to do her mission which ended up at Nick's loft.

Trubel is an interesting point, one I actually hadn't thought of. When HW actually kidnapped her and tried to nab her for their organization back in season (4?), she was totally against them. It makes me think that they tried a second time, and conditioned her into believing in their cause. That said, I don't approve of the beating someone into believing your cause is a good one tactic.

But that said, doesn't that make Meisner even more despicable than Renard?
IMO Meisner was always to be a mystery. Now just me but I think Meisner was always HW now he did have it in for the royals. Remember Sebastien told Renard that no one trusted Meisner.

With his past made sense for HW to fit him into the resistance, wouldn't they want to track the resistance and the royals?

Now some and I'm not going to change anyone one's mind so I'm not going to try. We can make are own option on Meisner and Juliette/Eve. Myself only Juliette wasn't brainwashed she was trained as we train troops in basic training, Now I can't speak for today basic but in 1965 basic 10 weeks long and it was to take the civilian out and put the soldier in. How this was done some might say was brainwashing I say it was just training to be part of a team.

Now killing Eric that one is a little bit different was the damage outside of Eric maybe and maybe not. We only seen a short news story and in that story we didn't hear anything about collateral damage. Was there some who knows. Likely the writers didn't want to put any into the story for a lot of reasons. Hollywood always goes for the big bang for show.

Now the glost Meisner what should we gage for him? Ghost Meisner knew what was going to be happening with Z and knew that Diana had a role in this. So ghost Merisner was to get Renard back on the right side of thing because he was going to be needed in the fight with Z. In a way this was a good writer ploy Nick nor any scooby could have done it, so they invent a ghost someone connected to Renard
with a history and someone he had no choice to listen to a GHOST.
It would have been a lot easier if they didn't have Sean acting like a petulant mad tyrant upset at his subordinate because it seemed as though he had what he wanted (which he honestly didn't want to begin with). Meisner could have stayed dead without Sean acting OOC. It's not like anything changed other than Sean and Nick working together again. They could have easily done that after Conrad's death. They could have shaken hands and let bygones be bygones, they've gone it before.
Pages: 1 2 3