Grimm Forum

Full Version: what about the royals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey was just thinking the writers actually screwed up not including them more

Just made it to mid-season 6

What i make of what is happening is this has gotten really out-there and crazy like almost all long running series do

Ok the vessants are trying to take over....but what about the royals.....they are completely out of the picture with no explanation, that is kind of lame

I know from the forums this is going to end...and not good for Nick lol....but still the royal;s seem a loose end, they wanted to take over everything too, but they sit idely by in the uprising....lame
(04-30-2017, 09:57 AM)tanktop4158 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok the vessants are trying to take over....but what about the royals.....they are completely out of the picture with no explanation, that is kind of lame

I know from the forums this is going to end...and not good for Nick lol....but still the royal;s seem a loose end, they wanted to take over everything too, but they sit idely by in the uprising....lame

The royals care a lot more about Europe so they may have a role there with HW.
In S01, Ian Harmon told Nick that the royals were using the verrat to create unrest and corrupt world governments. In S05, HW told Nick that BC was creating unrest and corrupting world governments. My theory is that the verrat defected from the royals to BC, leaving the royals toothless and forcing Viktor to strike a deal with the resistance to gain and maintain power. So the seven families no longer have a path to power and are just spending their time sipping cognac and dreaming about power they know they'll never have again.
(04-30-2017, 10:41 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]In S01, Ian Harmon told Nick that the royals were using the verrat to create unrest and corrupt world governments. In S05, HW told Nick that BC was creating unrest and corrupting world governments. My theory is that the verrat defected from the royals to BC, leaving the royals toothless and forcing Viktor to strike a deal with the resistance to gain and maintain power. So the seven families no longer have a path to power and are just spending their time sipping cognac and dreaming about power they know they'll never have again.

HW ended up with Diana. What is your opinion of the relationship between the resistance(which has a mole) and HW?
The only potential link seen onscreen between HW and the resistance is Meisner. It's possible that the resistance is allied with HW, but I think it's just as possible that Viktor made a deal with the resistance, the resistance called Meisner in to carry it out, and Meisner just hijacked Diana from the resistance for HW.
(04-30-2017, 10:41 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]In S01, Ian Harmon told Nick that the royals were using the verrat to create unrest and corrupt world governments. In S05, HW told Nick that BC was creating unrest and corrupting world governments. My theory is that the verrat defected from the royals to BC, leaving the royals toothless and forcing Viktor to strike a deal with the resistance to gain and maintain power. So the seven families no longer have a path to power and are just spending their time sipping cognac and dreaming about power they know they'll never have again.

Certain factions among the Royals may have also been fomenting some of what Black Claw was doing. Providing clandestine funding and supplying men where needed. With Black Claw on the run, many of those men may have slipped back under the auspices of the Verrat. One thing about groups like that, they never seem to go away completely. Something always remains, and ends up morphing into a new threat. I doubt team Grimm has seen the last of this issue.
(04-30-2017, 06:17 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Certain factions among the Royals may have also been fomenting some of what Black Claw was doing. Providing clandestine funding and supplying men where needed. With Black Claw on the run, many of those men may have slipped back under the auspices of the Verrat. One thing about groups like that, they never seem to go away completely. Something always remains, and ends up morphing into a new threat. I doubt team Grimm has seen the last of this issue.

You think that some of the royals were helping Black Claw. If so, to what end?
(04-30-2017, 06:22 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

Similar ideology. Also, with the destruction of the council, there's a power vacuum they might take advantage of. If the council is to be reformed, they may seek a greater influence in whatever shape that may take. The fascist notions of a group like Black Claw may insidiously creep there way into the new political structure. A less direct path than what we've seen, but maybe even more dangerous.
(04-30-2017, 06:30 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2017, 06:22 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

Similar ideology. Also, with the destruction of the council, there's a power vacuum they might take advantage of. If the council is to be reformed, they may seek a greater influence in whatever shape that may take. The fascist notions of a group like Black Claw may insidiously creep there way into the new political structure. A less direct path than what we've seen, but maybe even more dangerous.
The royals are human and only wesen can be members of Black Claw. The council seemed to have limited powers to protect the secrets of wesen.

The only way I can see it working is the royals kill popular wesen pretending to be Black Claw. Is that what you mean?

If they wanted to, the writers' won't have had any serious issues linking the royals and the verrat to BC, and then back again to the quest to regain control over wesen- if had they had more seasons.
Pages: 1 2