Grimm Forum

Full Version: Wine & Lasagna (Juliette/Henrietta Fanfic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A new fanfic piece I wrote. It's less gloomy than "Barrigan's Wake," for those who complained about that last time.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12441872/1/Wine-Lasagna
Works, if you see Nick as the submissive martyr complex type. I personally see him as having more of a hero complex, which makes him most responsive to damsels in distress. ("Nick, without you in my life I keep blowing the hoods off annoying peoples' cars!")

I see the scenario in this story ending with Nick eventually rebelling. Either he beheads Juliette or she explodes his skull.
(04-10-2017, 10:58 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I see the scenario in this story ending with Nick eventually rebelling. Either he beheads Juliette or she explodes his skull.

...or maybe Nick and Juliette actually managed to beat the odds and worked out a system where they could successfully coexist with each other.

(And people accuse ME of being "nihilistic." Rolleyes )
That could happen too, but the relationship as described in the story is nowhere near that yet. It's all Nick doing whatever Juliette wants.
(04-10-2017, 02:41 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]That could happen too, but the relationship as described in the story is nowhere near that yet. It's all Nick doing whatever Juliette wants.

On the surface, yes. But Nick's only acquiescing to her up to a point. He's not doing all this simply to be a submissive man-servant; he's indulging her milder Hexenbiest impulses so the more murderous ones don't take hold, which IMO, is much more selfless and heroic. Besides, you'll notice Juliette gave a little ground by agreeing to do the cooking, and even Henrietta told her she can't leech off Nick all the time.

Nick and Juliette are taking it day-by-day...quietly, slowly, privately. Which is all they can really do.
This might benefit from a second chapter. It would be interesting to see what the reuinited Nick and Juliette do when Adalind shows up pregnant.
(04-10-2017, 04:37 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]This might benefit from a second chapter. It would be interesting to see what the reuinited Nick and Juliette do when Adalind shows up pregnant.

I guess you haven't read the prequel "Despite The Darkness." Adalind was captured by Hadrian's Wall when they weren't able to get their hands on Juliette. It remains to be seen what happens to her (and the baby) in this continuity.
No, and I probably won't. I have about as much interest in what HW does to Adalind as I did in how they turned Juliette into Eve, which is to say none. Have already seen multiple episodes of "Mission: Impossible" and one release of "The Manchurian Candidate." So I'll expect to see Adalind showing up to rescue the scoobies wearing a catsuit and wig and calling herself "Esther" or something...because HW is the govt, and they won't have enough imagination to have any other plan.

Nick might actually have an easier time with an HW killer Adalind. After all, she hasn't gotten his mother killed...
(04-10-2017, 08:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]No, and I probably won't. I have about as much interest in what HW does to Adalind as I did in how they turned Juliette into Eve, which is to say none. Have already seen multiple episodes of "Mission: Impossible" and one release of "The Manchurian Candidate." So I'll expect to see Adalind showing up to rescue the scoobies wearing a catsuit and wig and calling herself "Esther" or something...

If THAT'S what you think I'd do, you really need to grow up.

(Oh, and Juliette didn't get Kelly killed in this universe. So neener neener.)
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, my point was you lost me the moment you told me HW was still in the story.
Pages: 1 2 3