Grimm Forum

Full Version: They end the best shows too soon!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Look for my posts with the start of my top 10 shows after 1980. 1. Star Trek: The Next Generation (with Star Trek "original", Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Deep Space 9, Star Trek: Enterprise) 2. Walker: Texas Ranger. 3. Grimm. 4. CSI (with CSI New York, CSI Miami, CSI Cyber) which I hope Cyber will still be on, great show. I'm still working on 5-10. I found out that its gonna be the last season for "Orphan Black" coming up in June and that makes me sad and mad like Grimm, it will be on my top 10. Tatiana Maslany is so cool and Elizabeth (Bitsie) Tulloch, Bree Turner, Claire Coffee, and Jacqueline Toboni. I love 'em all.
Love Constatine NBC again did not give it a chance..shoot we have the walking dead which I love going on it's 7 season, Love supernatural who's ratings is way below Grimm but it is heading to .....12th season love me some sean luc Picard from next generation.... always the best shows or the shows that show promise never given a chance...but stupid shows are still on the air ...WHY???// look what replaced Grimm.....I did not watch it and I hoe no one else watched it...so we can show NBC what ever they put in place of Grimm will not survive with no one watching
Popular shows typically provide access to bigger, and better, projects for the actors portraying popular characters. David Duchovny was excellent in his Fox Mulder role, but after eight seasons he wanted more than playing the same character year after year.

The network might have cancelled Grimm, but it's an assumption that all the actors wanted to renew their contracts indefinitely. For all we know, some of the actors might have been ready to move on to other projects/roles.
While Supernatural and Grimm are the same genre, and I think Grimm is the better show, the networks aren't comparable. Ratings that are considered incredible for the CW wouldn't and don't make it on NBC/ CBS/ABC. The CW wouldn't take Grimm because it was too similar to Supernatural and doesn't fit in their line up.
I'm a huge fan of Orphan Black. Originally, I didn't think that I would, but I binged the first season and was completely hooked. Of course, I really like BBC stuff (Dr. Who, Ripper Street, etc).
(04-11-2017, 06:58 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a huge fan of Orphan Black. Originally, I didn't think that I would, but I binged the first season and was completely hooked. Of course, I really like BBC stuff (Dr. Who, Ripper Street, etc).

I am a Orphan Black, Dr. Who, and OUAT fan. Basically the rest of what I watch is crime procedural and Jane the Virgin.
(04-11-2017, 07:11 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2017, 06:58 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a huge fan of Orphan Black. Originally, I didn't think that I would, but I binged the first season and was completely hooked. Of course, I really like BBC stuff (Dr. Who, Ripper Street, etc).

I am a Orphan Black, Dr. Who, and OUAT fan. Basically the rest of what I watch is crime procedural and Jane the Virgin.

Also, a big fan of Sherlock with Cumberbash and Freeman on BBC.
(04-08-2017, 05:18 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Popular shows typically provide access to bigger, and better, projects for the actors portraying popular characters. David Duchovny was excellent in his Fox Mulder role, but after eight seasons he wanted more than playing the same character year after year.

The network might have cancelled Grimm, but it's an assumption that all the actors wanted to renew their contracts indefinitely. For all we know, some of the actors might have been ready to move on to other projects/roles.

@Robyn. Actually myself and others have mentioned on a couple of other threads that some of the cast and the show runners had been dropping hints for a while that they might be ready to move on.

Take G&K for instance. It was announced they had started working on a new show almost immediately after it was officially announced that "Grimm" was cancelled! Confused

It usually takes a couple of years to get a show idea OK'd for production. So, draw your own conclusion. Dodgy
When I take a look at what Dick Wolf has achieved with the zillion versions of L&O and wonder why the Grimm crew did not follow his lead and nurture their show for the long haul. Yes, there could have been a Grimm spinoff that featured some of the wesens like Holly the blut blad, etc... that fans loved or even take a few of the vets and have them cross over like we see with L&O etc... stories.
(04-13-2017, 03:08 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: [ -> ]When I take a look at what Dick Wolf has achieved with the zillion versions of L&O and wonder why the Grimm crew did not follow his lead and nurture their show for the long haul. Yes, there could have been a Grimm spinoff that featured some of the wesens like Holly the blut blad, etc... that fans loved or even take a few of the vets and have them cross over like we see with L&O etc... stories.
That's a really good point. I'd tune it to see a few episodes of Ariel, the Dragon Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7