Grimm Forum

Full Version: S6E06 - Breakfast in Bed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(02-12-2017, 11:54 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2017, 07:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]However, I did notice that it was a good thing Rosalie kept a humongous syringe of melatonin right under the counter.

That was actually an empty syringe; you can tell by where the black rubber seal was positioned. She just pulled it out to answer Monroe's question of how they'd get the melatonin into him.

But I have noticed that all of Rosalee's syringes seem to be really big ones.

No wonder he didn't cringe at the syringe (one-line poem entitled "Cringe at the Syringe").

Nick would be the quarterback and Renard would be the Captain of the other team.

(02-12-2017, 11:33 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2017, 10:01 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]@jsgrimm45: Fascinating combination you propose as those seven who face the final enemy. It could just be that. I am trying to work my trinity of Nick, Eve, and Diana into the picture, using your idea. I do think we may see seven associated with whatever this big bad thing is that's on its way to Portland, or maybe seven astrological degrees showing a location.

@Kathryn Wooten: There are seven Royal families, another reason why Renard is in line with this idea.

Many of these ancient ceremonies involved human sacrifice. Do you think as an example the ceremony will want to sacrifice hybrid baby so Kelly could be issue or someone else like that?

I've been worrying about that, the sacrificial part, I mean. If you mean Kelly, I hope not. Can't seem to get past the N, E/J, and D dynamic. This stick being attached through life and death to Nick (death and rebirth) and Eve getting somehow 'purified' and being more connected as a messenger and Diana's uncanny abilities. But I tend get all caught up in an idea and miss what's happening around it. Do you think baby Kelly is at risk?
That would depend on how well the writers researched human sacrifices. The sacrifice of infants is actually a myth known as the "blood libel," the false claim that Jews kidnapped Christian babies for use in rituals.

Actual human sacrifice throughout history has been based on the killing of captured enemy warriors or of virginal adolescents, both male and female. The most likely candidates for a ritual human sacrifice would therefore be Nick and Diana. Good look to anyone trying that.
(02-12-2017, 11:58 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2017, 11:54 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2017, 07:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]However, I did notice that it was a good thing Rosalie kept a humongous syringe of melatonin right under the counter.

That was actually an empty syringe; you can tell by where the black rubber seal was positioned. She just pulled it out to answer Monroe's question of how they'd get the melatonin into him.

But I have noticed that all of Rosalee's syringes seem to be really big ones.

No wonder he didn't cringe at the syringe (one-line poem entitled "Cringe at the Syringe").

Nick would be the quarterback and Renard would be the Captain of the other team.

(02-12-2017, 11:33 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2017, 10:01 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]@jsgrimm45: Fascinating combination you propose as those seven who face the final enemy. It could just be that. I am trying to work my trinity of Nick, Eve, and Diana into the picture, using your idea. I do think we may see seven associated with whatever this big bad thing is that's on its way to Portland, or maybe seven astrological degrees showing a location.

@Kathryn Wooten: There are seven Royal families, another reason why Renard is in line with this idea.

Many of these ancient ceremonies involved human sacrifice. Do you think as an example the ceremony will want to sacrifice hybrid baby so Kelly could be issue or someone else like that?

I've been worrying about that, the sacrificial part, I mean. If you mean Kelly, I hope not. Can't seem to get past the N, E/J, and D dynamic. This stick being attached through life and death to Nick (death and rebirth) and Eve getting somehow 'purified' and being more connected as a messenger and Diana's uncanny abilities. But I tend get all caught up in an idea and miss what's happening around it. Do you think baby Kelly is at risk?

If this is a ceremony for Grimms and hexenbiests it is possible since Kelly can represent both groups.

Farming arrived in Britain around 3800 BC, so communities were settling down, and concentrating more on the relationship of the sun, moon and the stars to their home. Thus the practice of stone circles aligning with the midwinter sunset and the midsummer sunrise.

We’ve also found humans with arrowheads embedded between vertebrae, and head injuries. They died violently and possibly in sacrifice. When medieval warriors died on the battlefield, they were buried in groups. In contrast, these bodies are usually buried individually, and sometimes placed within larger monuments, suggesting they were killed as part of a ceremony.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4YV389Sw8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
(02-12-2017, 12:14 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Many of these ancient ceremonies involved human sacrifice. Do you think as an example the ceremony will want to sacrifice hybrid baby so Kelly could be issue or someone else like that?

speakeasy wrote:
[/quote]

MarylikesGrimm wrote:
If this is a ceremony for Grimms and hexenbiests it is possible since Kelly can represent both groups.

Farming arrived in Britain around 3800 BC, so communities were settling down, and concentrating more on the relationship of the sun, moon and the stars to their home. Thus the practice of stone circles aligning with the midwinter sunset and the midsummer sunrise.

We’ve also found humans with arrowheads embedded between vertebrae, and head injuries. They died violently and possibly in sacrifice. When medieval warriors died on the battlefield, they were buried in groups. In contrast, these bodies are usually buried individually, and sometimes placed within larger monuments, suggesting they were killed as part of a ceremony.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4YV389Sw8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/quote]

speakeasy wrote:
I do feel that there will be sacrifices made, but they won't be ritual ones, imo. Have a feeling that N and E/J may be involved and of course, Diana. Especially Eve/Juliette, otherwise I can't figure her prominent part in all of the mysterious workings the stick and cloth seem to be directing. Always feel compelled to include the disclaimer that I'm usually wrong, haha.
For me the only one who can cast a prophecy is a witch. Witch=Hexenbiest

There have been since prehistory all kinds of sacrifices. How to placate the gods, and due to eclipses. Workers were also discovered in his own works
(02-12-2017, 12:56 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]For me the only one who can cast a prophecy is a witch. Witch=Hexenbiest

There have been since prehistory all kinds of sacrifices. How to placate the gods, and due to eclipses. Workers were also discovered in his own works

Are Hexenbiest able to prophesize or do they cast spells. Diana may well be able to prophesize, but generally speaking I'm am wondering about the distinction.

It's my hope that there will be no letting of blood because it's part of a prophecy to bring about some result. But that there will be a spilling of blood, sacrifice, and loss in the battle to defeat a mighty opponent is almost assured.
Trying to remember if any character in Grimm has ever made a prophecy, and offhand El Cuegle's vision of babies growing up to be killers is the only one I can think of.

There have been other prophecies, but all the ones I can think of were old ones that someone just repeated. Like the one about the appearance of Wildesheers foretelling something really bad that would change the world.
(02-12-2017, 02:15 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to remember if any character in Grimm has ever made a prophecy, and offhand El Cuegle's vision of babies growing up to be killers is the only one I can think of.

There have been other prophecies, but all the ones I can think of were old ones that someone just repeated. Like the one about the appearance of Wildesheers foretelling something really bad that would change the world.

Wasn't about the time Diana was born?
It was. Of course, it was something a Blutbad said, so "bad" may be a matter of opinion.
Something tells me Diana can prophesize, she's come close by remarking that Eve had 'changed' and 'knowing' there was more than one baby in Rosalie, and stating to Nick that he wasn't her Daddy, but that is closer to an extrasensory perception.

She just has to have a big job to do with all that power. Just imagine how much it will have increased in a year or two, if she survives. I'm a little worried about her future.

Grimm Kelly prophesied, imo, when she said that Diana would be capable of great good or great evil depending on how and where she was raised.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8