Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why Claire not in 606 & 608 from Kyle McVey?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
from twitter
Kyle McVey
@rocket_kyle
Writer on @nbcgrimm. Host of podcasts

Why Claire not in 606 & 608 from Kyle McVey?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4SNOIMVUAAPToo.jpg:large

Per contracts and $$, we have to leave x amount of actors out of x amount of shows. It's common.
I thought Clair had moved up to main character status. Of the eight character Clair is the only one not credited in all 13 episodes. Does that mean Reggie negotiated a better contract then Clair.
(02-10-2017, 03:43 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Clair had moved up to main character status. Of the eight character Clair is the only one not credited in all 13 episodes. Does that mean Reggie negotiated a better contract then Clair.

Yes, that is what I think it means too.
The one thing I think we do know is that Claire was there filming much longer than either Reggie or Russell so maybe that means something. At least she was in the pics from the last day shoot even after Bitsie wrapped up
It could just be that the story for that episode went in a different direction and Adalind just wasn't needed for it.

There are some series that go out of their way to give every actor in the cast something to say or do in every episode whether the story needs them all or not, and it always shows.
Quote:The one thing I think we do know is that Claire was there filming much longer than either Reggie or Russell so maybe that means something. At least she was in the pics from the last day shoot even after Bitsie wrapped up
You do know the shows filming is not linear. That means what they filmed last may be the opening scene of the episode. The final shoot may have been done while all the cast was still on set. Just like they film a scene are letter add the dialog. Or they film a scene and add special effects later. You can not read into how the wraps went to determine how the episode ends.

Quote:There are some series that go out of their way to give every actor in the cast something to say or do in every episode whether the story needs them all or not, and it always shows.
screen time is not arbitrary. Actors are under contractual obligations to be given or not given a certain amount of screen time. They negotiate for screen time as hard as they negotiate for money. The contract also dictates what they will do and what they won't do. If Clair is not in 606 and 608 it has something to do with her contract. It is because of the contract why Jacqueline will not be back till the end.
(02-10-2017, 06:18 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The one thing I think we do know is that Claire was there filming much longer than either Reggie or Russell so maybe that means something. At least she was in the pics from the last day shoot even after Bitsie wrapped up
You do know the shows filming is not linear. That means what they filmed last may be the opening scene of the episode. The final shoot may have been done while all the cast was still on set. Just like they film a scene are letter add the dialog. Or they film a scene and add special effects later. You can not read into how the wraps went to determine how the episode ends.

Quote:There are some series that go out of their way to give every actor in the cast something to say or do in every episode whether the story needs them all or not, and it always shows.
screen time is not arbitrary. Actors are under contractual obligations to be given or not given a certain amount of screen time. They negotiate for screen time as hard as they negotiate for money. The contract also dictates what they will do and what they won't do. If Clair is not in 606 and 608 it has something to do with her contract. It is because of the contract why Jacqueline will not be back till the end.

I do agree with some of what you said but I do think that it may be filmed out of synch but I do know that they are usually not that far apart like they won't film episode 5 before episode 1 unless absolutely necessary. We all know the reason they filmed 3 first this time but the only reason I can think of for Bree and Claire to be there that late on filming is either because of the snow or because they are in the ending. Maybe wrong but don't see why Trubel and Monroe would be there also. Also don't think contracts say you have to be in X amount of filming in the series just saying
(02-10-2017, 06:18 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]screen time is not arbitrary. Actors are under contractual obligations to be given or not given a certain amount of screen time. They negotiate for screen time as hard as they negotiate for money. The contract also dictates what they will do and what they won't do. If Clair is not in 606 and 608 it has something to do with her contract. It is because of the contract why Jacqueline will not be back till the end.

Yes, I know that. But it still shows when the actor's character has no real contribution to make to an episode's plot and is just being shoehorned in.
The weather could be a reason for some of them to be there after the others wrapped.
I think the last scene will have all of the cast on set. We may get some, where are they now footage. It was mentioned there might be some flash forward scenes.
(02-10-2017, 05:34 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]It could just be that the story for that episode went in a different direction and Adalind just wasn't needed for it.

There are some series that go out of their way to give every actor in the cast something to say or do in every episode whether the story needs them all or not, and it always shows.

Kyle McVey is one of the writers of GRIMM. Why would he not being telling the truth about why Claire is not in 606 & 608?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13