Grimm Forum

Full Version: Adalind Kelly Diana relationship what is it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Been reading some posts on how Kelly may have planned to take Diana for several reason. So this thread we can debate that one subject.

How do Kelly come to know Adalind? We Renard when to the resistance to Adalind and the baby out of Europe. When Kelly first meets Adalind and the baby she has no idea who she is and even tellings her it is best not to know, but Kelly does know the resistance plan is a SNOFU so they can't follow that plan.

Kelly choice is Portland not because she knows Adalind has roots there but because she has connects there who is a Grimm her son. Adalind on landing in the states see OR lic. plate and thinks Renard is behind it. Even tells Kelly that she know Kelly is working for Sean, Kelly tells her the truth that she doesn't even know Sean, that she is taking her to a place she knows is safe.

Now when she gets to Nick house she learns that Nick, Juliette, and Adalind have history and noone is happy. Kelly once things calm down she says she only needs a few days to find a safe place for Adalind and the baby, note a safe place for both no plan to take Diana.

Now in Europe Viktor puts two and two together and comes up with the wrong answer on who is calling the shots but correct on where they are going. Calls his pet FBI agent to watch Sean. Adalind now does the one thing she shouldn't have done go to Sean where she is scene by Weston S.

Now had Adalind stayed away for Sean apt she would not have been found out and could have stayed with Kelly.

Once Viktor knows she is with Sean he makes his plan to get Diana with a threat to Sean about killing all of them. Have I left anything out? So Adalind has put the whole lot of them out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Now how to save them all? We don't really know who came up with the plan to blame the resistance, we don't see the planning only the end. So it could have Kelly, Nick, or Sean myself I lean toward Sean because who knows the resistance and the royals the best Sean. Kelly would have known about these groups but not the same way Sean did.

The only one of the group who was unknown at the time to the royals was Kelly. Viktor could blame the resistance but couldn't find them, and a plus if a resistance member is caught he can't give up what he don't know.

So IMO Kelly didn't make the plan for her to take Diana her plan was for all three to be together. Sean made the plan to have Kelly take Diana, because she was the only unknown and had been able to stay hidden for 20 years.

Now will this have some impact in season 6 IMO it will because of what Diana knows about Nick and being with Kelly. We know even as a baby she had understands thing a normal baby wouldn't, not sure if it words or feeling around her I lean toward speech and feeling both.

Sorry I made this so long now for thoughts and idea with a possible point to season 6 if you see one.
The problem with your scenario is the same with most that explore the ramifications of Adalind’s choices surrounding Kelly taking Diana. It requires Adalind to perceive the ‘good guy’ characters as you do.

Consider a scenario where you and your child are confronted by group of people you had a violent encounter with in the past. They tell you that they want to help you keep your child safe. The reality might be that they are sincere and fully intend to prevent a nefarious group that’s waiting around the corner from taking your child. But all you know for certain is that these people have no reason to help you or your child, and every reason to harm you. So you react with the information you know to be certain and run from them. Have you made a bad choice based on what you know at that moment?

But the gist of your thread seems to be about Diana’s role in S6 and whether Kelly taking Diana made a connection between Nick & Diana that will become evident in S6.

I think only time will tell what the writers have planned for Diana, but so far, I don’t see where any connection has been established between Nick & Diana, and any connection between Diana and Renard/Adalind is questionable at this point.

One might can infer that Diana wanted to go with Kelly because she had the power to stop it and didn’t. But she had the power to at least assist Kelly with Kenneth and chose not to. She was equally compliant with Juliette & Kenneth, and later with the King. She was equally compliant with Meisner, and later with the people at the safe house. The only examples I recall that might indicate what Diana was thinking, feeling, contemplating, whatever, is she asked about mommy when Kenneth took her and drew a picture of Adalind as a Hexenbiest at the safe house. There weren’t any drawings of Kelly, Nick, Meisner, whoever. If I remember correctly, Meisner looked at the drawing and said, this is gong to be a problem. I don’t know why he’d think the drawing was a problem unless he thought it expressed Diana’s need/intention to find Adalind.

Now that said, unless G&K make Diana an extremely evil, dangerous, uncontrollable demon so they can get away with Nick killing an entity who looks like a child, I think they will establish a connection between Nick & Diana, or at the very least, have Diana instantly like Nick whether there’s reason for her to or not.
Why was Kelly on the plane in the first place?
(01-01-2017, 11:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why was Kelly on the plane in the first place?
She was hired by the resistance to help she didn't even know Adalind.
(01-01-2017, 11:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2017, 11:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why was Kelly on the plane in the first place?

She had to know something about Adalind and the snowflake, otherwise it stands to reason that Kelly would have never taken the job. What I am wondering is how she had the power to redirect the plane to Portland. If I understand this correctly, Adalind and Diana were supposed to go to Brazil.
(01-01-2017, 11:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2017, 11:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

She had to know something about Adalind and the snowflake, otherwise it stands to reason that Kelly would have never taken the job. What I am wondering is how she had the power to redirect the plane to Portland. If I understand this correctly, Adalind and Diana were supposed to go to Brazil.
Because the verrat were waiting for them at the landing site Kelly figured the resistance plan had been found out and, because that plan included Brazil it also had to have been found out.. She told the pilots no radios because she didn't want anyone to know that she wasn't close enough to kill. Viktor even said later they had the complete plan and yet failed remember he wasn't happy.

(01-01-2017, 10:41 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with your scenario is the same with most that explore the ramifications of Adalind’s choices surrounding Kelly taking Diana. It requires Adalind to perceive the ‘good guy’ characters as you do.

Consider a scenario where you and your child are confronted by group of people you had a violent encounter with in the past. They tell you that they want to help you keep your child safe. The reality might be that they are sincere and fully intend to prevent a nefarious group that’s waiting around the corner from taking your child. But all you know for certain is that these people have no reason to help you or your child, and every reason to harm you. So you react with the information you know to be certain and run from them. Have you made a bad choice based on what you know at that moment?

But the gist of your thread seems to be about Diana’s role in S6 and whether Kelly taking Diana made a connection between Nick & Diana that will become evident in S6.

I think only time will tell what the writers have planned for Diana, but so far, I don’t see where any connection has been established between Nick & Diana, and any connection between Diana and Renard/Adalind is questionable at this point.

One might can infer that Diana wanted to go with Kelly because she had the power to stop it and didn’t. But she had the power to at least assist Kelly with Kenneth and chose not to. She was equally compliant with Juliette & Kenneth, and later with the King. She was equally compliant with Meisner, and later with the people at the safe house. The only examples I recall that might indicate what Diana was thinking, feeling, contemplating, whatever, is she asked about mommy when Kenneth took her and drew a picture of Adalind as a Hexenbiest at the safe house. There weren’t any drawings of Kelly, Nick, Meisner, whoever. If I remember correctly, Meisner looked at the drawing and said, this is gong to be a problem. I don’t know why he’d think the drawing was a problem unless he thought it expressed Diana’s need/intention to find Adalind.

Now that said, unless G&K make Diana an extremely evil, dangerous, uncontrollable demon so they can get away with Nick killing an entity who looks like a child, I think they will establish a connection between Nick & Diana, or at the very least, have Diana instantly like Nick whether there’s reason for her to or not.
Would agree she had no reason to trust Nick or Juliette, now this as we know was a plot device to get her to go to Sean and be found out. My only point being Kelly didn't plan on taking Diana from Adalind her plan was to keep both safe. She didn't know of Nick's and Adalind pasted.
(01-01-2017, 11:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Because the verrat were waiting for them at the landing site Kelly figured the resistance plan had been found out and, because that plan included Brazil it also had to have been found out.. She told the pilots no radios because she didn't want anyone to know that she wasn't close enough to kill. Viktor even said later they had the complete plan and yet failed remember he wasn't happy.

But if Kelly were simply hired to "help" the resistance, how did she have the power to all of the sudden redirect the plane? Not only that, but redirect it to Portland? Portland isn't a resistance hotspot, it's just Portland.
(01-01-2017, 10:41 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Now that said, unless G&K make Diana an extremely evil, dangerous, uncontrollable demon so they can get away with Nick killing an entity who looks like a child, I think they will establish a connection between Nick & Diana, or at the very least, have Diana instantly like Nick whether there’s reason for her to or not.

In addition to adult Kelly, Diana has connections to both Adalind and baby Kelly who love Nick.
Quote:In addition to adult Kelly, Diana has connections to both Adalind and baby Kelly who love Nick.
Okay, Nick loves his son. Whether Nick loves Adalind is debatable, even Nick admits he doesn’t know how he’s suppose to feel about Adalind. Nick knew Adalind wanted Diana found, when learning HW had her, he never considered telling Adalind. Nick didn’t show any concern for Adalind or Diana being with BC. Never talked about the need to get Adalind and both children away from BC. Perhaps Nick doesn’t view Diana as a child, but as some powerful entity his mother described to him. Is it enough that Kelly has bonded with Nick, or that Adalind loves Nicks? Won’t Diana need to sense that Nick loves her and Adalind? Are we suppose to believe that Diana is as naive as her mother?

What is Diana’s connection to adult Kelly? Kelly took her from Adalind. Diana didn’t help Kelly when attacked by Kenneth/the Verrat, didn’t express any loss when Kelly was killed. Adalind had to remind her who Kelly was. Diana didn’t warn Nick because he was Kelly’s son, she did it because her mother wanted to help Nick. Because Diana saw the bruises on Adalind’s neck, it’s much more likely that she used Renard to kill Bonaparte because he hurt Adalind. Nothing indicates that Diana was saving Nick, only getting rid of Bonaparte as she did Rachael.

So how is a Nick/Diana connection/bond going to occur, other than it being contrived the way Nick suddenly uncomfortable and distrustful of Adalind was contrived?

Quote:Would agree she had no reason to trust Nick or Juliette, now this as we know was a plot device to get her to go to Sean and be found out. My only point being Kelly didn't plan on taking Diana from Adalind her plan was to keep both safe. She didn't know of Nick's and Adalind pasted.
Quote:But if Kelly were simply hired to "help" the resistance, how did she have the power to all of the sudden redirect the plane? Not only that, but redirect it to Portland? Portland isn't a resistance hotspot, it's just Portland.
She knew shortly after arriving, and began formulating a plot. If Kelly planned to take Adalind and Kelly underground before she was spotted with Renard, why didn’t Kelly have Adalind show up as though she was chasing after Viktor to get Diana, then have her taken by the fake Resistance along with Diana?

If Kelly believed the Resistance was compromised, she’s been a lone wolf Grimm for decades, she must have safe houses and trusted contacts all over the globe. Yet, she takes two people running from the Royals to Nick’s house. That doesn’t add up, except as you said, a plot device. Every event in the chain was contrived to get Diana away from Adalind so she would take Nick’s Grimm and become pregnant with his child, and Juliette would become a Hexenbiest.
(01-01-2017, 12:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2017, 11:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Because the verrat were waiting for them at the landing site Kelly figured the resistance plan had been found out and, because that plan included Brazil it also had to have been found out.. She told the pilots no radios because she didn't want anyone to know that she wasn't close enough to kill. Viktor even said later they had the complete plan and yet failed remember he wasn't happy.

But if Kelly were simply hired to "help" the resistance, how did she have the power to all of the sudden redirect the plane? Not only that, but redirect it to Portland? Portland isn't a resistance hotspot, it's just Portland.
She didn't have the power she took the power. She went to Portland because she trusted her son, not knowing Adalind and him had a past.

(01-01-2017, 01:13 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In addition to adult Kelly, Diana has connections to both Adalind and baby Kelly who love Nick.
Okay, Nick loves his son. Whether Nick loves Adalind is debatable, even Nick admits he doesn’t know how he’s suppose to feel about Adalind. Nick knew Adalind wanted Diana found, when learning HW had her, he never considered telling Adalind. Nick didn’t show any concern for Adalind or Diana being with BC. Never talked about the need to get Adalind and both children away from BC. Perhaps Nick doesn’t view Diana as a child, but as some powerful entity his mother described to him. Is it enough that Kelly has bonded with Nick, or that Adalind loves Nicks? Won’t Diana need to sense that Nick loves her and Adalind? Are we suppose to believe that Diana is as naive as her mother?

What is Diana’s connection to adult Kelly? Kelly took her from Adalind. Diana didn’t help Kelly when attacked by Kenneth/the Verrat, didn’t express any loss when Kelly was killed. Adalind had to remind her who Kelly was. Diana didn’t warn Nick because he was Kelly’s son, she did it because her mother wanted to help Nick. Because Diana saw the bruises on Adalind’s neck, it’s much more likely that she used Renard to kill Bonaparte because he hurt Adalind. Nothing indicates that Diana was saving Nick, only getting rid of Bonaparte as she did Rachael.

So how is a Nick/Diana connection/bond going to occur, other than it being contrived the way Nick suddenly uncomfortable and distrustful of Adalind was contrived?

Quote:Would agree she had no reason to trust Nick or Juliette, now this as we know was a plot device to get her to go to Sean and be found out. My only point being Kelly didn't plan on taking Diana from Adalind her plan was to keep both safe. She didn't know of Nick's and Adalind pasted.
Quote:But if Kelly were simply hired to "help" the resistance, how did she have the power to all of the sudden redirect the plane? Not only that, but redirect it to Portland? Portland isn't a resistance hotspot, it's just Portland.
She knew shortly after arriving, and began formulating a plot. If Kelly planned to take Adalind and Kelly underground before she was spotted with Renard, why didn’t Kelly have Adalind show up as though she was chasing after Viktor to get Diana, then have her taken by the fake Resistance along with Diana?

If Kelly believed the Resistance was compromised, she’s been a lone wolf Grimm for decades, she must have safe houses and trusted contacts all over the globe. Yet, she takes two people running from the Royals to Nick’s house. That doesn’t add up, except as you said, a plot device. Every event in the chain was contrived to get Diana away from Adalind so she would take Nick’s Grimm and become pregnant with his child, and Juliette would become a Hexenbiest.
I like the question on contacts and safe houses, that is a good question would she have these or would she keep a low profile?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10