Grimm Forum

Full Version: Thoughts on the Grimm Rewatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be nice to have a thread that would critique the strengths and weaknesses of the Grimm Rewatch, as well as offer insight on how this experiment could be done differently. Here are thoughts.

1. Rather than simply rewatching each episode, I wish I had a fan-made checklist for easter eggs and other things to look for. This would allow me to actively look for certain things. Otherwise, for me at least, there isn't much difference between watching an episode at this point and watching it previously. If I didn't have most of the episodes memorized at this point, a good strategy would have been to read everyone's comments first, and then watch the episode.

2. Given that there are only about 10 comments per thread per episode (at least that was the case after the first few weeks), I wonder if it may not be better to keep all the discussion to a single thread (either for all the rewatch episodes or simply the two episodes each week). When you make threads for each episode you make a barrier between what people can talk about. When there are many posts, this is a good thing. When there aren't that many, every new thread terminates the discussions of the previous week. For a number of episodes, there are carry-over discussions that get terminated (e.g., Adalind's arc is one that comes to mind). Though, if you wanted to poll posters, you would likely need a separate thread for that.