Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)
still sleeping and had move in with Nick

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me
(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me

every show had got to have a villian or a scapegoat, unfortunately for juliette however her character was b/4 being a hexenbiest is irrelevant.
(06-19-2016, 06:22 AM)degrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)

every show had got to have a villian or a scapegoat, unfortunately for juliette however her character was b/4 being a hexenbiest is irrelevant.

I humbly disagree..if it was not for Adalind Nick and Juliette would had married. Maybe had a kid......all this is blamed on Adalind's selfish behavior.......Adalind at the end ..or let's say Nick will never find happiness......that's what his Aunt Marie was telling him....He is a lone wolf and having Kelly just make him more acceptable to men like Conrad...he is weak and family makes him vulnerable to his enemies
It’s not as though either pursued the other for a relationship or even a one-night stand. Adalind went to Nick as a last resort. Nick wanted to protect his child and get the suppressant for Juliette.

I can’t imagine what the definitions of relationship and happiness would have to be for me to believe Nick or Adalind are experiencing either.

Nick and Adalind are more akin to a bizarre stint in purgatory. All the pieces are there for happiness, fulfillment, and a healthy relationship but so scattered that putting the puzzle together will painfully test their dedication to the process.

The mechanics of Nick’s relationship with Juliette wasn’t that different from his ‘relationship’ with Adalind. Nick was a Grimm and detective first and foremost, Juliette was along for the ride.

There might have been more love and commitment expressed in the Nick/Juliette relationship, but in the end, Nick failed to protect Juliette just as he failed to protect Adalind & Kelly. As a Grimm his priority was on taking down an enemy, protecting loved ones came second.
(06-19-2016, 07:34 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]It’s not as though either pursued the other for a relationship or even a one-night stand. Adalind went to Nick as a last resort. Nick wanted to protect his child and get the suppressant for Juliette.

I can’t imagine what the definitions of relationship and happiness would have to be for me to believe Nick or Adalind are experiencing either.

Nick and Adalind are more akin to a bizarre stint in purgatory. All the pieces are there for happiness, fulfillment, and a healthy relationship but so scattered that putting the puzzle together will painfully test their dedication to the process.

The mechanics of Nick’s relationship with Juliette wasn’t that different from his ‘relationship’ with Adalind. Nick was a Grimm and detective first and foremost, Juliette was along for the ride.

There might have been more love and commitment expressed in the Nick/Juliette relationship, but in the end, Nick failed to protect Juliette just as he failed to protect Adalind & Kelly. As a Grimm his priority was on taking down an enemy, protecting loved ones came second.

to me he had to make sure he was with juliette and adalind with another person; he could still protect the child by siding with juliette; least he did that when adalind had diana and nothing happened to diana, so why was the one in season 4 different, why didn't stay on the side of juliette?? was it bcos she moved out or he didn't just love/care for her that much now that she was a hexenbiest??
(06-19-2016, 08:01 AM)degrimm Wrote: [ -> ]to me he had to make sure he was with juliette and adalind with another person; he could still protect the child by siding with juliette; least he did that when adalind had diana and nothing happened to diana, so why was the one in season 4 different, why didn't stay on the side of juliette?? was it bcos she moved out or he didn't just love/care for her that much now that she was a hexenbiest??
“to me he had to make sure he was with juliette and adalind with another person…” Do mean Nick should have first secured a reconciliation with Juliette before helping Adalind? Not sure what you mean by: “…Adalind with another person…”

I think Nick loves Juliette as much as he’s capable of loving anyone, and definitely in a way he doesn’t love Adalind. Given the Nick/Juliette relationship presented on the show, had they not gone through the Hexenbiest drama, Juliette would have put aside any anger/resentment and acknowledged that Nick didn’t knowingly have sex with Adalind. She would have been supportive in Nick actively participating in his son’s life. In fact, remove the Hexenbiest drama from the equation and I think it’s more likely Nick & Juliette would have felt justified in taking another child from Adalind, this time making Juliette the mother.

But Nick failed to give Juliette the support and commitment deserved when she became a Hexenbiest and by the time Adalind showed up Nick’s only option was to prevent Juliette from killing mother and child. Juliette was past being reasoned with at that point.

Nick and Adalind living together is a byproduct of having a child together. If they had anything remotely resembling normal lives, Nick could have financially supported Adalind & Kelly in their own apartment until Adalind was able to resume work. But Nick didn’t just move them in a house that didn’t have haunting memories for him, he moved them into a fortress-like setting. Nick living with Adalind was about protecting them and allowing Nick to constantly keep an eye on Adalind.
Hi Forum:
I believe 4.14 “Bad Luck” is the turning point for Nick and Juliette. I’ll use NBC’s recaps with underline added. The episode begins:

Quote:When Nick sees Juliette woge, he assumes Adalind is trying to trick him and pulls his gun. But Juliette proves it's really her by recounting Nick's proposal, something only she would know, and begins to explain how this happened. It began innocently enough with feelings of nausea, but then the woges started. They even helped her kill her attacker at the tribunal and the Manticore. When Nick asks why she didn't immediately tell him, Juliette says she was scared he'd kill her (and him pulling a gun on her kind of proves her right). Nick, overcome with guilt that his becoming a Grimm again is at fault for Juliette's transformation, vows to find a way to reverse it, but Juliette's not done disclosing secrets. She admits she turned to Captain Renard first for help and fills Nick in on her meetings with Henrietta, including her belief that Juliette's condition is permanent.Feeling shocked, and probably betrayed, Nick walks out.

The Grimm Wikia transcript reads (Underline added):

Quote:Scene: Nick takes his gun out and points it at Juliette after seeing her woge.
Juliette: Listen, you you proposed to me on this couch. You had a ring. I said no. You hid it upstairs in the dresser drawer. I found it. Adalind would never know that.
Nick: [He points his gun down] How did this happen?
Juliette: I don't know. I didn't know what was happening at first. I was really nauseous. I thought I was pregnant. I had headaches. And then it just happened. And it's been happening more and more. It's how I killed the guy from the tribunal. [Flashback of the back of Jonah Riken's head exploding in "Tribunal"] And the Manticore. [Flashback of Juliette killing Jonathon Wilde in "Maréchaussée"] And how I almost just killed Adalind.
Nick: Why didn't you tell me?
Juliette: Because I was scared.
Nick: [He puts his gun away] Look... we're gonna figure this out, and get rid of it.
Juliette: We can't.
Nick: Why not?
Juliette: It's permanent.
Nick: You don't know that.
Juliette: I do. Henrietta told me.
Nick: Who's Henrietta?
Juliette: The Hexenbiest who's been helping me figure this out.
Nick: You've been seeing a Hexenbiest?
Juliette: I had to. I didn't want to hurt you.
Nick: Well, how did you find Henrietta?
Juliette: Sean Renard.
Nick: You told him before you told me?
Juliette: I needed help, Nick. His mom's a Hexenbiest. He's half Zauberbiest.
Nick: You should have told me.
Juliette: [Crying] I was afraid you were gonna kill me.
Nick: Juliette, I would never hurt you. Never. This is all because of me. This is... because I became a Grimm again.
Juliette: Well, we took a chance, you know? We knew that there might be side effects. It's what we wanted.
Nick: Juliette, I am so sorry. [He opens the front door]
Juliette: Nick, where are you going?
Nick: I don't know. [He leaves]

Note that Juliette “proves” it is her by recounting his proposal and the ring.
Nick feels betrayed that Juliette did not come to him first. Instead she went to Renard, who IMO did much to destroy Nick and Juliette’s relationship.
Nick feels guilty that Juliette became a hexenbiest. Yet three times says “we.” We took a chance, knew possible side effects and both of them wanted Nick to re-Grimm.
Nick blew it when he walked out. She needed him and any real man would have known it.

Later in the episode, Nick and Juliette have another discussion.
The NBC recap, (Underline added):
Quote:When Nick finally gets home, he tells Juliette that he spoke with Henrietta but he's not giving up. Juliette, however, isn't interested in what Nick has to say. She knows they can never go back to the way it was. When Nick protests, Juliette woges and asks Nick to kiss her. His inability to even look at her proves Juliette right.

The Grimm Wikia transcript reads (Underline added):

Quote:Scene: Nick arrives home.
Juliette: I see the way you're looking at me.
Nick: Juliette...
Juliette: It's not the same. It'll never be the same.
Nick: You learned to understand me, now I have to learn how to understand you.
Juliette: [She walks up to Nick] Is that forever?
Nick: I'm not going anywhere.
Juliette: [She woges and Nick turns his head] Is this what you want to spend the rest of your life with? Is it?
Nick: Why are you doing this?
Juliette: If I'm the girl of your dreams, the least you could do is kiss me. Kiss me. You can't even look at me. This is what's forever. [She retracts and leaves]
[Image: latest?cb=20150331005225]
IMO, When Nick returned Juliette had a long time to think about their relationship and has decided it is over. He tells her he is not “giving up,” he won’t let it “destroy what they have,” and he will “learn how to understand her.” She believes that she will “forever” be a hideous hexenbiest. Her demand that he kiss her as a woged, corpse-faced hexenbiest is unreasonable.

IMO, they both reacted poorly to the hexenbiest side effect. At the end of the episode their relationship was wrecked. Hexenette could have just moved out. learned to control her biest and built up her veterinary practice. But instead she became the vulgar, violent, immoral nemesis of Nick. Many fans celebrated her death.

New Guy
[/quote]Adalind didn't plan on Nick wanting or getting his grimm back so should we lay that effect at Adalind's door. What happen between Nick and Juliette after she became a hexenbiest again is between Nick and Juliette, Adalind didn't have anything to do with that break down. Now Adalind did cause Nick and Juliette problems no doubt but Nick cause Adalind problems also. The unintended side effects was alway on Juliette granted.

Could one turn the tables and say Adalind could feel the same way about Nick working with Eve who tried to kill her and the baby? Just a thought.
Adalind didn't plan on Nick wanting or getting his grimm back so should we lay that effect at Adalind's door. What happen between Nick and Juliette after she became a hexenbiest again is between Nick and Juliette, Adalind didn't have anything to do with that break down. Now Adalind did cause Nick and Juliette problems no doubt but Nick cause Adalind problems also. The unintended side effects was alway on Juliette granted.

Could one turn the tables and say Adalind could feel the same way about Nick working with Eve who tried to kill her and the baby? Just a thought.
[/quote]

Adalind not responsible seriously....if a revengeful Adalind and working for the royals at the time did not take Nicks powers away.....Juliette would not have become the person she is now....Adalind raped Nick as Juliette..mind you...Adalind is a huge reason why Nick and Juliette are not together......
(06-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2016, 12:36 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
Adalind didn't plan on Nick wanting or getting his grimm back so should we lay that effect at Adalind's door. What happen between Nick and Juliette after she became a hexenbiest again is between Nick and Juliette, Adalind didn't have anything to do with that break down. Now Adalind did cause Nick and Juliette problems no doubt but Nick cause Adalind problems also. The unintended side effects was alway on Juliette granted.

Adalind not responsible seriously....if a revengeful Adalind and working for the royals at the time did not take Nicks powers away.....Juliette would not have become the person she is now....Adalind raped Nick as Juliette..mind you...Adalind is a huge reason why Nick and Juliette are not together......
[/quote]Don't think I said anything about Adalind not being responsible. I was only pointing out that it was Nick and Juliette who worked to get his grimm back Adalind had nothing to do with that. I also said that Juliette was alway the one paying the price of unintended "Consequences" of Nick and Adalind crossing paths. I have alway view Grimm as 100% fantasy. I give the writers credit if the wanted an Eve character in season 5 was good way to do it. Doing it this way cause fans debate.

Also only made an opinion on how Adalind might take the same point of Nick working with Eve again only my opinion. I'm sorry if you miss took my post was only my way of looking at the current and past relationships of both women.

As with any of my posts just don't forget the 5 dollars when you go to get coffee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19