Grimm Forum

Full Version: Bad writing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So Diana is the daughter of a Hexenbiest and a half Hexenbiest and half Royal and is suppose to be the most dangerous thing around. Let me just say that is stupid. Why is Renard so ordinary? At least Eve and Wu have something strange that happened to them. I could even get behind Kelly being special but there is already ATLEAST one Hexenbiest royal hybrid and there is nothing special about him. All I have to say is if the writing doesn't start being more consistent I am done with this show. I am already backed up with other shows to watch. Get it together!
Well Diana is special not because of her bloodline but because of the ritual Adalind under went while pregnant to regain her hexenbiest powers.

Also we don't know that much about Renard and his powers. We assume he doesn't have any powers because his fights so far have been physical but Adalind didn't start showing Telekintic abilities until season 3. In season 1 and 2 Hexenbiest would always fight in physical combat.
Diana has all kinds of potential factors in her. Her mother is a hexenbiest, albeit one without powers, her father a half zauberbiest, and just for a bit of potential added spice, Adalind lost her powers by consuming Nick's blood. Then on top of all of that, there are the effects of the Contaminatio Ritualis.
So both post have to do with rituals. Weird! Isn't the fact that Eve slash whatever was created because she is the worst actress even unless she is playing an emotionless statue. Now we have the one who are effected by rituals being the most overpower players in this little game. Not to mention the wood that is shaping up to be from Jesus's cross. It is just getting a little off topic if you ask me. Human ritual and God! If I want watch that I would watch the Da Vinci Code. I assure you that if this is the path the writers keep going NBC will be dropping the show in short order.
(05-14-2016, 02:10 AM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]I assure you that if this is the path the writers keep going NBC will be dropping the show in short order.

Good prediction. I think the announcement to cancel was made shortly after your post.
Grimm was sort of cancelled in April of 2016, when word came down that s06 would be 13 episodes. Not getting renewed for a full 20+ episodes after five seasons is pretty much the kiss of death.
(05-13-2016, 10:13 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Diana has all kinds of potential factors in her. Her mother is a hexenbiest, albeit one without powers, her father a half zauberbiest, and just for a bit of potential added spice, Adalind lost her powers by consuming Nick's blood. Then on top of all of that, there are  the effects of the Contaminatio Ritualis.

I agree with this. Diana did have all kinds of potential. The problem with having all of this potential is, which avenue of potential does the series take with a baby? With a toddler? As a little girl? We don't know why she went to the trouble of killing wesen as a baby to protect her mother, yet does nothing to Kelly as she's being taken from her mother. Kelly was being killed in the house, and Diana had to know what was going on, yet sat in the middle of the floor as though nothing affected her. She goes out of her way to murder Rachel because she's trying to take her "daddy" away from her, but does nothing after finding out her own mother is diddling around with Nick. 

It might have made sense had the series actually devoted some time to Diana's background. Unfortunately, she just seemed to be thrown into an episode as a crutch to further the story along.

I personally would have like to have known how she knew she could act as a mirror world onlooker. She watched Zerstorer kill her parents. What was her reaction to seeing her other self as a Zerstorer follower? Or for that matter, what did she think about Zerstorer thralling her brother into submission? Did she pretend not to know her "other mommy" Kelly? Was she angry because "other mommy" Kelly mentioned her brother and not her? How did she feel about her other self and other baby brother Kelly being left behind in the mirror world?
(12-26-2021, 01:49 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2016, 10:13 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Diana has all kinds of potential factors in her. Her mother is a hexenbiest, albeit one without powers, her father a half zauberbiest, and just for a bit of potential added spice, Adalind lost her powers by consuming Nick's blood. Then on top of all of that, there are  the effects of the Contaminatio Ritualis.

I agree with this. Diana did have all kinds of potential. The problem with having all of this potential is, which avenue of potential does the series take with a baby? With a toddler? As a little girl? We don't know why she went to the trouble of killing wesen as a baby to protect her mother, yet does nothing to Kelly as she's being taken from her mother. Kelly was being killed in the house, and Diana had to know what was going on, yet sat in the middle of the floor as though nothing affected her. She goes out of her way to murder Rachel because she's trying to take her "daddy" away from her, but does nothing after finding out her own mother is diddling around with Nick. 

It might have made sense had the series actually devoted some time to Diana's background. Unfortunately, she just seemed to be thrown into an episode as a crutch to further the story along.

I personally would have like to have known how she knew she could act as a mirror world onlooker. She watched Zerstorer kill her parents. What was her reaction to seeing her other self as a Zerstorer follower? Or for that matter, what did she think about Zerstorer thralling her brother into submission? Did she pretend not to know her "other mommy" Kelly? Was she angry because "other mommy" Kelly mentioned her brother and not her? How did she feel about her other self and other baby brother Kelly being left behind in the mirror world?
None of these things happened, since it was a reset of time.
KOUF: Yeah, it was a hard reset. When the Zerstörer died, it was as though he never came through, so it reset to that point.
(As for the ring, there is no different between that and stuff we saw in for example Back to the Future).

Diana did not know that Kelly got killed:
From 06x07:
Eve: Are you sad?
Diana: Sometimes. Like when my mommy went away. I thought your tummy might hurt because Nick's not your boyfriend anymore.
Eve: Yeah, I guess my tummy might hurt sometimes.
Diana: Do you want him back?
Eve: That wouldn't be right. Things are really different now.
Diana: Sometimes I miss my other mommy too. Her name is Kelly, just like my brother's. You know her, don't you? I don't know where she is anymore. Do you?

The comparison between Nick and Rachel is not relevant. Adalind explained to Diana that Nick was Kelly's son and the father of her brother. She also understood that Adalind loved him. (I also guess she could feel that Nick loved her mother, as Eve felt in the tunnel). Renard never talked about Rachel. All Diana heard was that Bonaparte wanted Rachel to spend time with Diana - and that Rachel spoke condescendingly of her.
(12-26-2021, 04:50 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]None of these things happened, since it was a reset of time.

Well, that all depends on how Kouf and Greenwalt feel, or what the day of the week is, or how the planets are aligned.

From SYFY Wire

Quote: After Nick goes through the wormhole thingy, there's also a world he leaves behind where everybody's dead, except the kids and Trubel.

DG: (Laughs) That's true too.
JK: We didn't go to that world. That's another plane. Now that would be a very depressing world.
DG: Our show I think was best when myth and science met on some level. And there's a lot going on nowadays where quite advanced scientists are almost mystic, like in the Newtonian physics and even Einstein physics. They don't really hold up when you get the chaos theory and string theory and quantum physics, and so the idea is all these different realities, and then all the common occurrences in historical myths. I think our show is best when the creatures had a real point of view and a real mission to accomplish. They weren't villainous. But also when there was some science involved, that's where science and myth meet. It's a very interesting interception.""

According to DG's response, Nick left baby Kelly, Trubel, and Diana behind.  As I said previously in Wiki, I'm not sure what JK was trying to say.

From TVLINE:

Quote:How did you come to the idea that, even though things were going to be reversed later, everyone had to die except for Nick?""

KOUF : That’s the logic of it. Because if you’re fighting great evil and great evil wants something that is going to destroy the world and he’s got to convince you that it’s worth it to give this to him so he can destroy the world, you’ve got to take a lot away from [Nick].
GREENWALT : Everything! So that decides a lot of the plot, if you go to that emotional space. And it’s our biggest ending ever. We’ve had previous giant endings to the show every season, so we had to go all the way.

So, according to TVLine, things get reversed later.

From Mashable:
Quote:What happened with some of our other characters? What happened with Renard and Eve and Trubel?

DG: Whatever you think happened to them!
JK: They all reformed a new kind of family, having fought evil together, I think they all came together with the reality that this war, this battle, will continue and they will fight it together.
DG: And whatever you think happened! It's supposed to live on in your mind! You the viewer. But it's quite probably true that they are all out there, fighting the good fight.

Also, as I stated previously, this is one of my favorites, just because it's so completely contradictory to itself. Apparently the viewer decides, right?

Oh, and I also forgot, Schroedinger's Cat was thrown in. I'm just not sure where.

Now, before you go off into some diatribe with regard to this being about the other characters, please make sure you read the entire excerpt. According to JK, the characters all reformed as a new kind of family, having fought evil toghether. Then JK goes on to state he thinks that this war, this battle will continue and they will fight it together. 

Sorry, but that's not a hard reset to me. They never would have met Zerstorer if it had been a hard reset.

Also, you fail to explain how Diana knew there were other grimms fight with Nick when at the same time, she was in a place where she was under Zerstorer's thrall. How do you explain Diana's statement to Nick that Zerstorer didn't come through the second time? What about her statement, "He's dead and I'm not afraid any more"?

(12-26-2021, 04:50 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ](As for the ring, there is no different between that and stuff we saw in for example Back to the Future).

That's a fine generic statement, and it made me laugh. Care to explain what ancient monster young Marty defeated with his staff in order to warn Doc?
Diana might be like Star Trek's Guinan, with the ability to perceive altered timelines and realities.

The little girl who played Diana in season 4 was three or four years old. Hannah Lloyd was 11 when she played Diana in season 5. Diana as portrayed seemed age-equivalent to both. Do 11-year-olds have clear memories of traumatic events they witnessed when they were three or four? Also, Juliette found her in the living room, there was no blood anywhere in that room, and Kenneth came out of the kitchen bloodied. So I don't think Diana actually saw Kelly being killed.

I wonder if an alternate reality where Trubel was raising Diana and baby Kelly alone even occurred to Nick, and if it did, would he have any idea what to do with it? Nick was never exactly the most imaginative of characters.

If it was a hard reset, it only reset to the point where Nick and Eve came out of the other place. They still went through the mirror and fought Z, Diana still used the stick to open the portal they came out through and everybody still came together and prepared to fight Z. But since the "20 years later" epilogue doesn't involve Z at all, the continuing battle JK alludes to is probably against evil in general and not against Z or any other particular enemy.

I think DG's comment about science and magic is the most hilarious thing ever said about Grimm. I don't think they ever got any science right on that show. They couldn't even get the driving times between different locations in Portland right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6