Grimm Forum

Full Version: Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know why I didn't watch this show before - or why I started it now. But I really like this show. Just finished watching Season 1 and I plan on taking a break and starting season 2.
I like the snappy dialog, the cultural references, the sophomoric humor coupled with some clever satire. I'm also a little bit in love with Britta.

Sort of reminds me of Sienfeld and Friends (back when Thursday night was must watch TV night). and the last skit at the end reminds me of Party Down. It always cracks me up.

Here is a good snipet of the 1st episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE8meUf0qCM
Community is a great show! Definitely one of my favorite shows on the air at the moment.

Community has had a lot of drama recently though with creator Dan Harmon getting fired and Chevy Chase quitting.

As they say, Six Seasons and a Movie!
(08-06-2013, 12:03 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]Community is a great show! Definitely one of my favorite shows on the air at the moment.

Community has had a lot of drama recently though with creator Dan Harmon getting fired and Chevy Chase quitting.

As they say, Six Seasons and a Movie!

Yeah, Community is one of the funniest shows around. I know this sounds stupid, but one of the many things I appreciate about it is that there's no laugh track. I sporadically watched the S4 though because it felt a little off since Harmon wasn't there; it was okay without him, but it was missing that extra "something". Apparently he's coming back for the next season though.
Yeah, Season 4 was horrible. I didn't like it at all, it was missing the clever plots from the previous seasons, and they went over the top on a lot of recurring jokes. So glad to hear Harmon will be back for Season 5.

I don't know about you all but I liked Community more than 30 Rock.
I've never seen 30 rock. or parks and rec.
I'm just now watching the second season of community - and i love it.

I just realized something. about 20 years ago I took a spanish class at the local community college. but i dropped. If only i had a study group.....