Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Season 5 Episode 19
The Taming of the Wu

[Image: 9lKjJw9l.jpg]

Air Date: April 29, 2016

Synopsis: Suffering from the bite he sustained, Sgt. Wu (Reggie Lee) becomes entangled in a surprising altercation that may land him in hot water. After meeting the mysterious Bonaparte (guest star Shaun Toub), Adalind (Claire Coffee) is faced with a difficult decision that could change her and Nick's (David Giuntoli) lives forever. Meanwhile, Hank (Russell Hornsby) gets even closer to Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal) and their relationship begins to take shape. Back at HW, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) senses that a new force may jeopardize the entire operation. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Bree Turner also star.
So nick is going to finally stop being a pussy can't wait
Well we learn a lot tonight Hank girlfriend is BC and that can't be good. Diana is going to be a real pain looks like nothing Kelly (mom) stayed with her. Looks like Nick is finally going Grimm so should be an interesting 3 more episodes. I did like the note Adalind left.

Maybe now Nick needs some lessons from Trubel.
With this episode it does seem like they are setting up an epic final showdown for the final season.
The only problem is if they do a really good job, the wait between this season and the next will be TORTURE.

I KNEW Hank's new girlfriend was evil.
Her reappearance was way too convenient.

The way Julieve keeps getting all protective of Nick is totally contrary to what she claimed becoming Eve was all about. I'm worried the writers are building up to Juliette and Nick getting back together, which would just be wrong on so many levels. If Julieve and Nick ever even kiss again I'm out, just completely and totally out.

The new guys is so evil. I'm already looking forward to him dying in some really painful/gnarly way.

The note Adalind left to Nick was super cool. Their relationship finally seemed to be really coming together, then bam! it's ripped to shreds.

Not sure what they are going to do with Wu. Something tells me Rosalee doesn't have a tea to cure a blutbod virus. And why did they let Wu go home alone? That wasn't a situation in which self-sufficiency should trump public safety.

Yeah! Meisner and Trubel are back! They made the whole episode for me.
First, I am so glad Greenwalt & Kouf decided to make Diana older. I think the scary ass is so much better than if they’d kept her the age of S4.

I can’t decide if BC believes Diana has a connection with Adalind & that’s why they want/need her to join or if Diana is working with BC to get Adalind because they need her for some reason. I kind of saw what might be Diana connecting with Adalind, child to mother, but I also saw one scary ass kid incapable of feeling any genuine bond or love.

Wu’s storyline was interesting and entertaining. His wit is front and center even in the throes of death and hysteria.

Meanwhile, Meisner, Eve & Trubel know that BC has Diana and will use her to get to Adalind and their first reaction is to call Nick. No one even considered going to Adalind to see what she knows or if she knows anything at this point.

And what does Nick do after learning this new development that includes his son being in danger - goes to a crime scene then proceeds to help Wu. Hank, Monroe and Rosalee were helping Wu. Nick’s immediate response should have been to go to Adalind and force a conversation that brings everything out in the open.

If he had and Adalind was made aware that everyone knew what was happening, instead of them working behind her back, she might have believed she had other options. But as always, Adalind is left on her own with no one to turn to, and will most likely be blamed for doing what she could with what she had available.

I loved the note she left for Nick so the words disappeared to leave the message that she was protecting him. Adalind makes this gut wrenching decision with Nick’s wellbeing one of her priorities while Nick is solving crime and helping Wu.

I wish Greenwalt & Kouf would realize, and care, that how they manipulate characters' actions to move their plot along has repercussions for the character. I get their plot required Adalind to leave with Kelly, but Nick was a complete jackass in the way he was written to react - or not react.

Adalind was explaining to Kelly that she couldn't take him away from Nick, then she did take him. Did I miss something or did something happen that made Adalind change her mind?

And the best part - Diana letting Eve know to stay the f**k away. Eve might have met her match, or more.
(04-29-2016, 07:14 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Diana is going to be a real pain looks like nothing Kelly (mom) stayed with her.

Diana's actions tonight lead me to believe that she had a hand in Kelly's death.

Overall, I really liked this episode. I rank it among the best of the season.
(04-29-2016, 07:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2016, 07:14 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Diana is going to be a real pain looks like nothing Kelly (mom) stayed with her.

Diana's actions tonight lead me to believe that she had a hand in Kelly's death.

For now this time I can't disagree. You could well be right. We always wondered why she didn't help now if you are correct that is answered.
(04-29-2016, 07:32 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2016, 07:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

For now this time I can't disagree. You could will be right. We always wondered why she didn't help now if you are correct that is answered.

a hand in kelly's death?? that's a bit of a stretch with all the verrats that was to ambush; well i wont say anything more
(04-29-2016, 07:37 PM)degrimm Wrote: [ -> ]a hand in kelly's death?? that's a bit of a stretch with all the verrats that was to ambush; well i wont say anything more

Degrimm, you can say what you want. Feel free, your opinion's just as valid and I enjoy reading your posts.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. It's my opinion that Kenneth and the verrat planned for a war. They were surprised when Kelly showed up with just Diana. The odd thing about the scene was Diana sitting on the floor while Kenneth beat up Kelly, then took her outside. I don't believe Diana had any love for Kelly and manipulated her death. Just my thoughts.
I agree that this was an outstanding episode!!

We moved multiple plot lines ahead tonight.

Diana is scary, out of control, and powerful...odd that she hasn't woged yet, unless he eye change is her deal.

The connection between the three Hexens was pretty cool. I thought it was a Hexen communication thing, but sounds like that same freaking sucking of the hat continues to cause problems.

Not sure that Adalind actually wants to be around Diana...she looked uncertain.

Thought the scenes with Nick and Adalind demonstrated real affection between the two...(that should piss off the anti-shippers).

Wu's deal is interesting...I like the cave man act. Don't piss off the Wu!

Poor Hank! The man just can't pick a good woman...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13