Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E18 - Good to the Bone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-23-2016, 04:09 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]It is painful to watch FrankenEve treat all the other characters like dirt when she is the most despicable of them all. I wish Rosalee had slapped her.

I wouldn't say she's treating them like dirt, just keeping them at arm's length. But if her reaction to Diana's photo is any indication, the Eve persona is already starting to crumble - probably because Diana is so irrevocably tied with the worst thing Juliette ever did in her life, which was betraying Nick's mother to the royals. (Oh, and getting a few innocent neighbors slaughtered...)

I was wondering why Rosalee didn't slap Juliette myself. After attempting to murder Monroe, I was amazed she didn't try to rip her face off in the middle of the shop, Hexenbiest superpowers be damned. Rolleyes
(04-23-2016, 08:46 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering why Rosalee didn't slap Juliette myself. After attempting to murder Monroe, I was amazed she didn't try to rip her face off in the middle of the shop, Hexenbiest superpowers be damned. Rolleyes

I think it's because they're all scared to death of her. I didn't get the impression Rosalee agreed with Juliette, just that she was afraid to disagree.
Well, all in all I enjoyed this episode. The WOW was extremely gross and inventive and the script moved along nicely while still maintaining continuity. Here are some individual comments.

Running over each of those guys twice was just RUDE! Confused

Hacking up mice in the morning will never replace having a good cup of coffee as a wake up ritual. Tongue

We found out LBB was with HW and that BC managed to get to her and kill 2 HW agents. As another Forum member suggested, I think HW has a mole in the house. Huh

I am NOT buying the whole super hexenbitch deal with Eve. PLEASE writers! Kill this lousy character off!! And I mean decapitated, stake through the heart, her body cremated and the ashes scattered at sea dead!! Angry

Zuri coming back and hitting on Hank like Babe Ruth was NOT a coincidence. She seemed more interested in talking about Nick rather than talking to her date. I get the feeling she's BC. Dodgy

I'm still a might bit confused about where the writer's are taking the whole LBB/Adalind/Renard thing. Guess we'll have to watch it play out.

Some questions and observations:

- When the heck did Rosalee tell Nick about Adalind?

- I like Little Kelly's "mohawk"! Big Grin

- Franco had the best line in the episode: "I think he had a kind of rough year last night." Big Grin

One really serious objection. I ain't buying the whole: "He didn't actually kill anyone." argument. People have been clinically dead and resuscitated. It wasn't the WOW's, or the crew's, call to say their death was inevitable. Besides, there could be no excuse for making their last moments even more agonizing. We should comfort the dying, not bring them more pain and terror.
(04-22-2016, 08:19 PM)Belle Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the parents sucking the bones out of their own son was gruesomely awesome.
At the same time, this was another example of the moral ambiguity of Grimm. I agree with Monroe, they weren't killing anyone. What's more, they didn't appear to have a choice and the son clearly felt tremendous remorse. I sincerely feel bad for a lot of the wesen on Grimm. We don't blame animals for following their instincts; at least i don't. It seems wesen should also be viewed in the context of what they do and do not have control over. On Grimm however most wesen just end up dead or in prison, which often seems unfair.

The Diana thing is just weird. Her parents seem convinced it's her, but her return through BC is suspicious at best and almost nonsensical. I also don't like the way even her father is using her to manipulate people.

Me thinks Hank's love interest is showing too much interest in his Grimm partner. I suspect her sudden return was not as random as she'd like Hank to believe.

Why is everyone so willing to offer up Monroe up as bait? Even his own wife shows very little regard for his safety or feelings. And when Nick and Hank joked about not giving Monroe a ride home I thought he should have told them to go f#%k themselves.

Poor Wu, I don't think he is long for this world. He's due a promotion and a vacation, but instead he's probably going to turn into a werewolf right before he's hunted down and killed.

I miss Meisner.
I miss Bud.
I miss Trubel.
I even miss Josh.

Julieve just needs to die. Every scene with her is painful.
With each passing episode I hate her more and it's reaching critical mass.
Put another way, I can't enjoy the show anymore because she's ruining it.
I was sooo excited when I heard the show was renewed, but the Julieve disaster has pushed me to the point that I'm no longer sure I'll be watching next season.
I'm trying to gut it out to the end of this season hoping things will change, but its hard watching something you love ruined by one rotten apple.

Belle,
I agree with you completely down to I even miss Josh.
You add so much to this forum and care enough to have stuck it out this long. You feel the way about Julieve that
I felt about the writers making her a hexenbiest, cutting off Kelly Burkharts head and burning down the trailer.
Now I hate it when Nick even looks at Adalind. But I gave seas 5 Ep 1 a chance instead of giving up on the show
completely and I'm glad I did. Hope you will do the same.

Belle,
I agree with you completely down to I even miss Josh.
You add so much to this forum and care enough to have stuck it out this long. You feel the way about Julieve that
I felt about the writers making her a hexenbiest, cutting off Kelly Burkharts head and burning down the trailer.
Now I hate it when Nick even looks at Adalind. But I gave seas 5 Ep 1 a chance instead of giving up on the show
completely and I'm glad I did. Hope you will do the same.
[/quote]

Panther,
Thank you for the shout out. This forum can be a blast because there are a lot of creative people posting here. I'm often amazed when I read the theories and ideas that fans come up with.

I was wondering if people would even remember Josh because he didn't appear a lot, but for some reason I found him super appealing. Who knows, maybe one day he'll pop-up again...

Your advice about sticking with the show is appreciated. Watching the latest episodes I feel kind of torn. The scene with the parents sucking the bones out of the son was a great reminder that Grimm can still deliver a lot of surprises.
At the same time, whenever Julieve appears on the screen I cringe in anticipation of the worse and she never fails disappoint as far as being disappointing goes. The idea that Eve was created to cover up Tulloch's inability to act has crossed my mind, but whether it's Eve or Juliette, she just drags the entire show down.

belle
(04-22-2016, 07:23 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: [ -> ]This was actually a pretty good episode. The wessen of the week was pretty gruesome which was awesome. Hank got some loving. At first I didn't know who Zuri was then it dawn on me that she was Hanks physical therapist. I don't remeber what type of Wessen she is either.

She was either a yagarunte or a balam--one based on a big cat of some sort, but not a lowen or pflichtrue.

I don't think that Wu is turning into a blutbad, but something else. I'm not sure what, exactly. (It is possible he has some wesen blood; Monroe in "Stories We Tell Our Young" said that the child of a wesen and a normal human might turn out either way, so it is possible that there was a wesen a few generations back and Wu might not know it. Monroe never defined a "Kehersite-Getranger", but from the context it might mean "normal human with some wesen ancestry".)
(04-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2016, 07:23 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: [ -> ]This was actually a pretty good episode. The wessen of the week was pretty gruesome which was awesome. Hank got some loving. At first I didn't know who Zuri was then it dawn on me that she was Hanks physical therapist. I don't remeber what type of Wessen she is either.

She was either a yagarunte or a balam--one based on a big cat of some sort, but not a lowen or pflichtrue.

I don't think that Wu is turning into a blutbad, but something else. I'm not sure what, exactly. (It is possible he has some wesen blood; Monroe in "Stories We Tell Our Young" said that the child of a wesen and a normal human might turn out either way, so it is possible that there was a wesen a few generations back and Wu might not know it. Monroe never defined a "Kehersite-Getranger", but from the context it might mean "normal human with some wesen ancestry".)
She was a Yaguaraté and you are right about Wu I just wish the writers hadn't make it genetic now change it to a disease and now send another scooby down the wesen path like Juliette.
(04-23-2016, 04:26 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]

She was a Yaguaraté and you are right about Wu I just wish the writers hadn't make it genetic now change it to a disease and now send another scooby down the wesen path like Juliette.
It's just a guess, but I think the writers might be about to take a page from season one of Hemlock Grove. If you've seen that show, then you know about the vargol, which is basically a sick werewolf. In the Hemlock Grove the idea was a regular human intentionally used a werewolf to become one, but ended up going bonkers and killing everyone who'd pissed her off.
I'm worried that they are going to kill Wu off by revealing that he has become some pseudo wesen killing machine that can't be controlled.
My late father had Altzheimers; I can understand how being a caregiver to an elderly parent, when there is no extended family to help, can take over your life and make you do things you would really rather not do.
(04-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]She was either a yagarunte or a balam--one based on a big cat of some sort, but not a lowen or pflichtrue.

Thanks. I couldn't remember what type she was and didn't care enough to watch the episode again. I would have if they had it on Netflix but Thanks again.

As far as Wu is concerned he is a neanderthal. NBC told the writers of Grimm they couldn't change the rules of wessen and thus they had to go with a Neanderthal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6