Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E15 - Skin Deep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Season 5 Episode 15
Skin Deep

[Image: 6OvRIKgl.jpg]

Air Date: April 1, 2016

Synopsis: When Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) come across a beautiful young woman who seems to have aged 70 years overnight and died, they suspect Wesen involvement. The investigation leads to a local doctor and Rosalee (Bree Turner) is enlisted to help find the truth. Meanwhile, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) takes bold steps to learn more about Capt. Renard's (Sasha Roiz) nefarious dealings. Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Bree Turner and Claire Coffee also star.
Good paced episode was surprised when Eve changed into Renard. As always the open hole in the plot how did Eve get the hat or is that a different hat? This time Nick acted more like the old Grimm in the fight scene.

We know Renard was played but the scooby's don't so that work for the episode. The fome scene with Nick, Adalind, and Kelly was good. So this episode gave us a look into the future of Renard.

Some of the questions will be this problem for the Nick and Adalind caused by Renard is it Renard or Eve causing the problem. Will have to think about the line this episode will take in all the characters. The finally used the books so they were of use.
Eve went through alot of pain to change genders...So she has to stay one foot away from the real Renard....and hope she breathe in alot of Renards testosterone and not become Eve getting out of her situation..also not have Renard in a pickle, when he meets whom ever who just met Eve/Renard and say what are you all talking about ..I wasn't here a minute ago scenario....hmmmmmmm It say Eve and Adaline bump into each other soon..I wonder if she put a spell on Adaline to keep the Capt buzy, while she meets BC operatives
Loved it. The WOW as fun and the hat trick was great. At first I thought Adeline, couldn't figure out why the transformation was so hard, thought Nick, and was really surprised by Renard. As far as the hat is concerned, I am sure they went to an exclusive hex shop, got her a proper cauldrin, book of spells, a good looking hat-what woman doesn't need one(doesn't seem to have a lot of wear), and all the basic supplies needed in any modern hex's kitchen. My guess is they want to Renard's barber and got the hair. I plan to offer up a couple of goats to insure we will see Season 6. Otherwise, I will put a few voo doo spells on NBC.Angry
(04-01-2016, 07:32 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]Eve went through alot of pain to change genders...So she has to stay one foot away from the real Renard....and hope she breathe in alot of Renards testosterone and not become Eve getting out of her situation..also not have Renard in a pickle, when he meets whom ever who just met Eve/Renard and say what are you all talking about ..I wasn't here a minute ago scenario....hmmmmmmm It say Eve and Adaline bump into each other soon..I wonder if she put a spell on Adaline to keep the Capt buzy, while she meets BC operatives

Yes! All this - about the Eve into Renard as I said almost the same thing of the painful body swap change. It hurt her and was just well I just loved it from the moment it started until it ended and now I am ready for Friday already. Such a better episode than the previous with so many different paces and what is going on and how it all connects and intertwines. This was what I've been missing and watching the gang work together was good too and seeing Eve sitting there being all witchy (it did look like a clump of hair you'd get at a barber shop if that is what that was because then it looked almost like she got a single thread then I think I realized she was just making sure she got everything because had it been a single strand it wouldn't have been long and she could have picked up from getting in his suv) anyway, WOW on just the wow factor and wesen of the week. That thing was so dang gross! Great show hats off to the writer Smile
My husband guessed right off that Eve was going to change into Renard. I wondered why she'd go through such a transformation. My thoughts is that this is a dry run test to see if she could do it on her own. I don't think we'll see this transformation take place until a future episode. Who know, it might not even be Renard that she transforms into.

I thought the special effects of the spell were top notch and very well done. The photographer/spider wesen was really creepy. Watching him suck the essence out of the girl was the stuff of nightmares. Good special effects there. Kudos to the doctor as well, and for a while there, I suspected he might be wesen. Nice change of pace having a strange human in the mix.

It appeared this doctor had been making this revitalizing cream for a while. He had quite a clientele built up. There would have had to have been murders prior to tonight's episode. I wondered why the team didn't maybe focus in on a connection somewhere. They could have used Wu in that capacity.

Is HW running out of people? Trubel's gone, Meisner's gone, so all that's left is......Eve? Who runs the show when she transforms into someone?

I didn't think Nick made it official that he's joining them, so I wondered why Eve is (sort of) sharing information with him. It seems a little weird that he's got to drive out all that way to HW just to find out some tidbits about Renard.

That said, I have to admit, I liked Nick and Eve working together in this episode. I never thought I'd say that, and I'll be the first to admit they never had much chemistry as Nick and Juliette. But there is something about the pairing this time that works. I would like to see more of it in the future.
If Eve evolved into Renard..as we saw even her ribs were realigned..does this mean she is in his form a Zauberbiest?

(04-01-2016, 09:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]My husband guessed right off that Eve was going to change into Renard. I wondered why she'd go through such a transformation. My thoughts is that this is a dry run test to see if she could do it on her own. I don't think we'll see this transformation take place until a future episode. Who know, it might not even be Renard that she transforms into.

I thought the special effects of the spell were top notch and very well done. The photographer/spider wesen was really creepy. Watching him suck the essence out of the girl was the stuff of nightmares. Good special effects there. Kudos to the doctor as well, and for a while there, I suspected he might be wesen. Nice change of pace having a strange human in the mix.

It appeared this doctor had been making this revitalizing cream for a while. He had quite a clientele built up. There would have had to have been murders prior to tonight's episode. I wondered why the team didn't maybe focus in on a connection somewhere. They could have used Wu in that capacity.

Is HW running out of people? Trubel's gone, Meisner's gone, so all that's left is......Eve? Who runs the show when she transforms into someone?

I didn't think Nick made it official that he's joining them, so I wondered why Eve is (sort of) sharing information with him. It seems a little weird that he's got to drive out all that way to HW just to find out some tidbits about Renard.

That said, I have to admit, I liked Nick and Eve working together in this episode. I never thought I'd say that, and I'll be the first to admit they never had much chemistry as Nick and Juliette. But there is something about the pairing this time that works. I would like to see more of it in the future.

I think your right...1st Eve has to make sure Renard does not get in the way....I think the next episode has Eve and Adaline meet..then the next episode (persumably) Adaline has the hots for Renard( Adaline in a black negligee in Renard's office)..my guess Eve drugs Adaline with a potion to have the lust for Renard..so when Eve turns into Renard..the real Renard is hold up with Adaline...there is several problems with her plan
#1 Eve meets the BC operatives,She learns what she needed to know, however if they told her as Renard the information .and Real Renard talks to BC members later such as Rachel, he is not going to know what they are talking about...this could put him in danger (even though he is in danger already)
#2 Adaline (presumably) does not know what she is doing and when and if the potion wears off ..and Nick finds out ( oh this could get ugly real fast)
(04-02-2016, 03:30 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]If Eve evolved into Renard..as we saw even her ribs were realigned..does this mean she is in his form a Zauberbiest?

(04-01-2016, 09:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]My husband guessed right off that Eve was going to change into Renard. I wondered why she'd go through such a transformation. My thoughts is that this is a dry run test to see if she could do it on her own. I don't think we'll see this transformation take place until a future episode. Who know, it might not even be Renard that she transforms into.

I think your right...1st Eve has to make sure Renard does not get in the way....I think the next episode has Eve and Adaline meet..then the next episode (persumably) Adaline has the hots for Renard( Adaline in a black negligee in Renard's office)..my guess Eve drugs Adaline with a potion to have the lust for Renard..so when Eve turns into Renard..the real Renard is hold up with Adaline...there is several problems with her plan
#1 Eve meets the BC operatives,She learns what she needed to know, however if they told her as Renard the information .and Real Renard talks to BC members later such as Rachel, he is not going to know what they are talking about...this could put him in danger (even though he is in danger already)
#2 Adaline (presumably) does not know what she is doing and when and if the potion wears off ..and Nick finds out ( oh this could get ugly real fast)
This post gets one thinking what use is it being Renard? One maybe to get to Adalind and make her go after the real Renard. Two get to Rachel and find out what she is planning but that might backfire as when how would Eve/Renard ask anything of Rachel because Rachel may bring up the talk to the real Renard so maybe not.

Now Renard/Eve talking to Lucian could work as both would play the cards close to the vest and aren't in contact much. Lucian needs to tell Renard the plan after he becomes mayor if Eve/Renard acted like she was only half into this later if the real Renard asked almost the same question Lucian may think he just wants more info than last time.
Well, unlike most of you folks I found this episode to be one of the most boring in the series history. Other than superhexenbitch changing into Renard, there was absolutely nothing of interest.

I do admit to being intrigued by the idea of superhexenbitch getting it on with Rachel. Talk about gender issues!! Big GrinTongue
(04-01-2016, 09:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]That said, I have to admit, I liked Nick and Eve working together in this episode. I never thought I'd say that, and I'll be the first to admit they never had much chemistry as Nick and Juliette. But there is something about the pairing this time that works. I would like to see more of it in the future.

Working together? RBF summoned Nick across town so she could talk for two minutes and he could listen. And chemistry? That entire 'working together' scene had about as much fizz as an opened and long-forgotten can of Diet Coke.

Methinks that RBF got her diapers in a bunch when Adalind cheerfully answered Nick's phone and then insisted upon his immediate presence in order to ruin what she obviously thought was a moment. I've said it before, but I can think of no reason to bring back a generally useless and unlikable character unless there's a twist in the works. RBF's cringe-worthy presence will eventually have to lead to something as unpleasant as her ill-conceived resurrection.

Other than that, I thought the episode was mostly filler, although I did get a chuckle out of Renard's male interpretation of Resting Bitch Face.
Pages: 1 2 3 4