Grimm Forum

Full Version: Handy Helpers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I'm spanking brand new to the board. So glad to meet more Grimm fans.

After watching the last eppy, I just have to say that I hope that Monroe and Rosalie are getting paid for their services !! I mean, where would the rest of the Scooby-Do Gang be without their insider know-how ? ?[/i]
I've always tried to figure out why Monroe and Rosalee are so gung-ho to help Nick solve all his problems at the drop of a dime ever since they met him. They've given their assistance before any loyalty set in so there has to be more to it. Nick did work the murder of Rosalee's brother and found his killer but that debt has been long repaid so I think we can extrapolate why they help out so much.

I suspect that it has a lot to do with their past life. Rosalee ran with the wrong crowd, was a drug addict, and felt like she abandoned her family in her younger years. Monroe has done things in the past that even Adalind couldn't lay claim to for all the trouble she's caused. It would have been interesting to see how forgiving of Monroe the audience could be had we saw his past exploits on screen. He would probably have had a long way to go towards redemption.

Anyway, I believe Monroe and Rosalee are always up to help out because it's a way of atoning for their past sins. I think with Monroe's past as a hunter it makes sense why he would want to help save lives once Nick came into his life. Rosalee is more complicated because I think it's more than her just trying to make up for any terrible things she did in the eyes of the law. I think her willingness to help also includes her guilt for becoming estranged from her family. She has a need to be there for her friends because she wasn't there for her father, mother, and sister when they needed her.

Nick would have been long gone without them. At the very least, he would be blind, in a zombie state until someone gunned him down, or without his powers all together. I love seeing them work on cases together but I do feel like it's really one-sided at times. Monroe has been in trouble several times because of his friendship with Nick. That's to be expected because the show revolves around Nick and his need to solve cases so it's good to have a Wesenrein or Rosalee asking for help with jury tampering to remind the viewers why they need Nick just as much as he needs them.
(03-26-2016, 09:28 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I've always tried to figure out why Monroe and Rosalee are so gung-ho to help Nick solve all his problems at the drop of a dime ever since they met him. They've given their assistance before any loyalty set in so there has to be more to it. Nick did work the murder of Rosalee's brother and found his killer but that debt has been long repaid so I think we can extrapolate why they help out so much.

I suspect that it has a lot to do with their past life. Rosalee ran with the wrong crowd, was a drug addict, and felt like she abandoned her family in her younger years. Monroe has done things in the past that even Adalind couldn't lay claim to for all the trouble she's caused. It would have been interesting to see how forgiving of Monroe the audience could be had we saw his past exploits on screen. He would probably have had a long way to go towards redemption.

Anyway, I believe Monroe and Rosalee are always up to help out because it's a way of atoning for their past sins. I think with Monroe's past as a hunter it makes sense why he would want to help save lives once Nick came into his life. Rosalee is more complicated because I think it's more than her just trying to make up for any terrible things she did in the eyes of the law. I think her willingness to help also includes her guilt for becoming estranged from her family. She has a need to be there for her friends because she wasn't there for her father, mother, and sister when they needed her.

Nick would have been long gone without them. At the very least, he would be blind, in a zombie state until someone gunned him down, or without his powers all together. I love seeing them work on cases together but I do feel like it's really one-sided at times. Monroe has been in trouble several times because of his friendship with Nick. That's to be expected because the show revolves around Nick and his need to solve cases so it's good to have a Wesenrein or Rosalee asking for help with jury tampering to remind the viewers why they need Nick just as much as he needs them.
I like this outline good points. I would add sometimes you just have that good of friends. Old saying you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends.