Grimm Forum

Full Version: The sealant on the box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone posted sorry don't recall who said the sealant on the box was likely a hexenbiest that is why grimm blood opened it. Didn't think much about the post at the time thinking maybe yes maybe no, but it is one of those things the kind you just can't get out of your mind.

I think (could be wrong) they thought at one time Grimms and hexenbiests worked together that didn't seem as likely. So if not a hexenbiest sealing the box who or what did? I thinking at one time in history some Grimms might have learn how to make potions and other things so as not to need hexenbiest. Like Rosalee knows maybe as much about potions as most hexenbiest just can't make the ones requiring hexenbiest power.

There may have even been some priest who learned the art to aid the Grimms. We know from history priest moved with the crusades.

So we have at least two ways to seal the box, but because of the Grimm blood whoever did it had to know to make a sealant that would only open with that blood.

Thoughts idea on how to do this could there at one time been a grimm hexenbiest connection. Now add how much the other wesen hate hexenbiest as much as grimms. Put in the fact at now grimms have a basic dislike (mild speak) for hexenbiest like at one time or another they were may have been more.

Thought ideas?
I threw that out - in one of my long-winded things - saying it had to have been sealed by some type of magic considering what happened when his blood was used and *poof* the dust clears basically. The only ones we know that did or do magic are Hexenbiests so ....

someone had to help unless like you said back then there were other ways. I feel like there is a lot of history we have yet to be filled in on yet. At least about what Hexenbiests or the male counterpart? Both Grimms and Hexenbiests worked for the Royal families so their paths had to cross. I know we don't get a history of wesen (this season ... maybe if S6 happens we will?) are we supposed to learn a little about hexenbiests? I can't remember if that is what Jeff Miller or someone else hinted at or not.
(03-20-2016, 09:19 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone posted sorry don't recall who said the sealant on the box was likely a hexenbiest that is why grimm blood opened it. Didn't think much about the post at the time thinking maybe yes maybe no, but it is one of the things the kind you just can't get out of your mind.

I think (could be wrong) they thought at one time Grimms and hexenbiests worked together that didn't see as likely. So if not a hexenbiest sealing the box who or what did? I thinking at one time in history some Grimms might have learn how to make potions and other things so as not to need hexenbiest. Like Rosalee knows maybe as much about potions as most hexenbiest just can't make the ones requiring hexenbiest power.

There may have even been some priest who learned the art to add the Grimms. We know from history priest moved the the crusades.

So we have at least two ways to seal the box, but because of the Grimm blood whoever did it had to know to make a sealant that would only open with that blood.

Thoughts idea on how to do this could there at one time been a grimm hexenbiest connection. Now add how much the other wesen hate hexenbiest as much as grimms. Put in the fact at now grimms have a basic dislike (mild speak) for hexenbiest like at one time or another they were may have been more.

Thought ideas?

It could have to do with hexensbiests. Or could be the blood of a Grimm is powerful in other ways. Since the
knights who hid the treasure were grimms only the blood of a Grimm could open it.
(03-20-2016, 09:50 AM)panther19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2016, 09:19 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone posted sorry don't recall who said the sealant on the box was likely a hexenbiest that is why grimm blood opened it. Didn't think much about the post at the time thinking maybe yes maybe no, but it is one of the things the kind you just can't get out of your mind.

I think (could be wrong) they thought at one time Grimms and hexenbiests worked together that didn't see as likely. So if not a hexenbiest sealing the box who or what did? I thinking at one time in history some Grimms might have learn how to make potions and other things so as not to need hexenbiest. Like Rosalee knows maybe as much about potions as most hexenbiest just can't make the ones requiring hexenbiest power.

There may have even been some priest who learned the art to add the Grimms. We know from history priest moved the the crusades.

Thought ideas?

It could have to do with hexensbiests. Or could be the blood of a Grimm is powerful in other ways. Since the
knights who hid the treasure were grimms only the blood of a Grimm could open it.

I agree with Grimm blood being powerful but the way the box was sealed and after it was opened with Nick's Grimm blood you see like a magic seal was opened by the effects - 800+ years of dust etc lol but did the crusaders that were Grimm's know how to chant or do incantations in order to seal it with their blood? back then things were a lot different so perhaps so - and he's lucky that it only took the blood of ONE GRIMM and not all 7 mixed together as it took that many keys seems like they would have mixed all their blood too and maybe they did - so that only a Grimm from one of the original 7 could have opened it? curious ... dun.dun.dun Smile
I remember @Rotkappchen and @Syscrash both mentioning a Hexenbiest seal on the box. It crossed my mind as well when Nick's blood opened it.

I have a theory about the relationship between Grimms and Hexenbiest. I think they were once on good terms centuries ago. They both are formidable on their own and it seems like most Wesen fear them both. Monroe was visibly uncomfortable around Elizabeth and Freddy Calvert was frightened of Adalind. An alliance between the two would be seen as unbeatable by other Wesen so I think either a misunderstanding or the influence of an outside force sabotaged the relations between the two and drove them apart. It would be a bonus for them to become enemies and take each other out. I'm still trying to come up with a reason why they're able to eliminate each other's powers.

I believe they were on good terms at the time of the Crusades. The Grimm Knights trusted at least one Hexenbiest to make the seal. They probably thought the stick was too dangerous to fall into enemy hands and too much of a temptation for members of their own kind who didn't share their nobility. This could have been one of the things that led to tension between Grimms and Hexenbiest who didn't agree with or understand their reasoning. Other Wesen may have exploited this weakness to drive them apart.

This is all fanwanking so I doubt any of this will ever be confirmed.
My number one pick still is the help of hexenbiest. Viktor dungeon was built to hold hexenbiest. then I remembered we are forget a really powerful entity, gypsies. The gypsies could have charmed the dungeon, and sealed the box. One got Adalind her powers back. WE constantly overlook the power of the gypsies.
The gypsy told Adalind what to do - she didn't help her. Gypsies can do things and all that but I don't think they're as powerful as a hexenbiest (my personal opinion) and if so, I don't think that will be touched on (if so more like S6 if they're renewed perhaps? along with some wesen information and how that all came to be - which I'd rather learn more about wesen lol)

I find Grimm's and Hexenbiests to be sort of like yin and yang; the balance of good and evil (perhaps) maybe something or someone was split to create this balance (that at one time was "together" and now that there is baby Kelly it has come back together being a source of complete balance and very strong? Each laying claim in some way?

I just feel as I stated that night that the way the seal was broken and there has never been mention of Grimm's knowing or doing magic (only Hexenbiests) that they used their blood and a Hexenbiest helped them to seal it or they took or had a book of spells and read from it (or perhaps back then at that time they knew enough to do it themselves or a "gypsy" told them what they had to do) something somewhere in all of that. LOL

Again, "both" Grimm's and Hexenbiests worked for the Royal families. Grimm's carried out their service as keeping the wesen under control and in-line. Hexenbiests did their "bidding" so-to-speak. Both Grimm's and Hexenbiests are loyal. Hexenbiests are loyal to the Royal family (which is basically cast aside now, however, Adalind would still be in some way at the beck and call of Renard, I suppose. Her alliance through her biest lays with him yet her heart is that for Kelly and Nick and she will have a fight internally to get ahold of that and betray one for the other. No matter what choice is made. Grimm's are loyal yet they also know what is good and what is bad and able to make those choices; and something happened to where they or their hand was forced to bury/hide that stick and go on a crusade to destroy/hunt Wesen and put an end to them - as they're an abomination of sorts. In their eyes. And in some ways what makes the Grimm's choice always right - that is why Nick's way of dealing with wesen shocks them so as he's not balls to the wall killing them all as his ancestors did. He recognizes that not all are bad and realizes that he is able to work with them and have friendships as well. A turning of sorts; and one that Trubel did not have and so he taught her and explained his way to her (just as his mother was shocked too) so maybe that was more like it had been way back when ... before an "uprising" and/or the crusades happened which split things and caused a fissure between them all and then the stick taken/removed and hidden for 800+ years. There's so much to me that could be touched on - that I wish they would delve just a little bit into it. Somehow - through a book or something LOL hey, listen to this Rosalie says and she starts reading from one of the books that were in the chest.

I saw that Claire Coffee replied on Twitter to someone when asked if there would be more "friendship" time between Adalind and Rosalee and she said "a couple more'ish or close to that. Rosalee's loyalty is with Nick. As is Monroe's. As his Hank's and as is Wu's. Adalind is excluded. At least currently along with Eve; and Renard is not included either (at this time) or at least regarding some things - need to know basis LOL same with HW and that means Meisner - as it will be interesting to see what is said and shared when Trubel comes back from her trip...*dun.dun.dun*
(03-20-2016, 08:31 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: [ -> ]The gypsy told Adalind what to do - she didn't help her. Gypsies can do things and all that but I don't think they're as powerful as a hexenbiest (my personal opinion) and if so, I don't think that will be touched on (if so more like S6 if they're renewed perhaps? along with some wesen information and how that all came to be - which I'd rather learn more about wesen lol)

I find Grimm's and Hexenbiests to be sort of like yin and yang; the balance of good and evil (perhaps) maybe something or someone was split to create this balance (that at one time was "together" and now that there is baby Kelly it has come back together being a source of complete balance and very strong? Each laying claim in some way?

I just feel as I stated that night that the way the seal was broken and there has never been mention of Grimm's knowing or doing magic (only Hexenbiests) that they used their blood and a Hexenbiest helped them to seal it or they took or had a book of spells and read from it (or perhaps back then at that time they knew enough to do it themselves or a "gypsy" told them what they had to do) something somewhere in all of that. LOL

Again, "both" Grimm's and Hexenbiests worked for the Royal families. Grimm's carried out their service as keeping the wesen under control and in-line. Hexenbiests did their "bidding" so-to-speak. Both Grimm's and Hexenbiests are loyal. Hexenbiests are loyal to the Royal family (which is basically cast aside now, however, Adalind would still be in some way at the beck and call of Renard, I suppose. Her alliance through her biest lays with him yet her heart is that for Kelly and Nick and she will have a fight internally to get ahold of that and betray one for the other. No matter what choice is made. Grimm's are loyal yet they also know what is good and what is bad and able to make those choices; and something happened to where they or their hand was forced to bury/hide that stick and go on a crusade to destroy/hunt Wesen and put an end to them - as they're an abomination of sorts. In their eyes. And in some ways what makes the Grimm's choice always right - that is why Nick's way of dealing with wesen shocks them so as he's not balls to the wall killing them all as his ancestors did. He recognizes that not all are bad and realizes that he is able to work with them and have friendships as well. A turning of sorts; and one that Trubel did not have and so he taught her and explained his way to her (just as his mother was shocked too) so maybe that was more like it had been way back when ... before an "uprising" and/or the crusades happened which split things and caused a fissure between them all and then the stick taken/removed and hidden for 800+ years. There's so much to me that could be touched on - that I wish they would delve just a little bit into it. Somehow - through a book or something LOL hey, listen to this Rosalie says and she starts reading from one of the books that were in the chest.

I saw that Claire Coffee replied on Twitter to someone when asked if there would be more "friendship" time between Adalind and Rosalee and she said "a couple more'ish or close to that. Rosalee's loyalty is with Nick. As is Monroe's. As his Hank's and as is Wu's. Adalind is excluded. At least currently along with Eve; and Renard is not included either (at this time) or at least regarding some things - need to know basis LOL same with HW and that means Meisner - as it will be interesting to see what is said and shared when Trubel comes back from her trip...*dun.dun.dun*
The keeping Renard and Adalind out of the loop for now makes sense. Nick after Juliette knew everything about him so it was easy for her to set up the things that happen. Now Nick is not ready to jump at the idea of Adalind knowing everything.

Renard has never really been a scooby so not telling him again is inline. We may think by now some trust should be there but him and Adalind did try to kill aunt Marie they failed but not from lack of trying.

Now back to the sealant on the box let us add this Adalind had a book only hexenbiest blood could open now we have a box only grimm blood could open. I should have thought of this before we see something like the book with the box.

What should we if anything read into the two objects?
(03-21-2016, 06:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2016, 08:31 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: [ -> ]The gypsy told Adalind what to do - she didn't help her. Gypsies can do things and all that but I don't think they're as powerful as a hexenbiest (my personal opinion) and if so, I don't think that will be touched on (if so more like S6 if they're renewed perhaps? along with some wesen information and how that all came to be - which I'd rather learn more about wesen lol)

The keeping Renard and Adalind out of the loop for now makes sense. Nick after Juliette knew everything about him so it was easy for her to set up the things that happen. Now Nick is ready to jump at the idea of Adalind knowing everything.

Renard has never really been a scooby so not telling him again is inline. We may think by now some trust should be there but him and Adalind did try to kill aunt Marie they failed but not from lack of trying.

Now back to the sealant on the box let us add this Adalind had a book only hexenbiest blood could open now we have a box only grimm blood could open. I should have thought of this before we see something like the book with the box.

What should we if anything read into the two objects?

I'm reading a LOT into the significance Smile

On another note - Grimm actually went up a notch in ratings and has been steadily holding it's own (which is good/great news IMO) still keeping my fingers crossed!