Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E13 - Silence of the Slams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Season 5 Episode 13
Silence of the Slams

[Image: FjmTW9dl.jpg]

Air Date: March 18, 2016

Synopsis: A local maskmaker is targeting Wesen to create Luchador masks that bestows great power to its wearer. As Nick (David Giuntoli), Hank (Russell Hornsby), Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) work to stop the killings, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) considers an offer that will bring him closer to claiming his destiny. Meanwhile, Eve's (Bitsie Tulloch) further investigation of a recent incident raises new questions. Claire Coffee also stars.
I liked the episode but because it was mostly set up for Adalind, Renard, and Eve less Grimm. Now we have a problem coming up with Nick and Adalind because Sean needs a family, but Adalind has a family.

Would have liked a more complete picture on Sean ideas behind getting into bed with BC. What will Adalind do now tell Nick or leave and join Sean? We have posts on the trust factor with Nick and Adalind if she jumps ship for Sean that will end her and Nick, but if she tells Nick and turns Sean down, trusting Nick to get LBB back will tell the story. Now I can see her and Nick working together and letting Sean thinks he is the one to see why this has become a way to get to Diana in other words suspecting Sean knows more now some how.

Guess we have to wait and see if the writers let us in on the plan she makes with Nick or let us think she has jump ship.
Yet another episode that annoyingly dwells too much on Plot A without spending enough time developing Plot B.

The Renard/Rachel/FrankenEve story is downright exasperating. Do we REALLY need any more scenes of idiots sneaking around each other's backs? Dear Writers: Unless this arc ends with all three of these clowns dead, DROP IT.
Me, myself and I all liked it. Wife saw it and thought it was scary, this coming from someone who watches Criminal Minds as an educational training video. I will be watching to see how many sides Renard can play against each other. BC and HW are not to be toyed with, no sense of humor, not sure how he stays in one piece for long
The million dollar question. Adalind. The writers have created the perfect storm. Nick does not trust Adalind. Was not a really warm home coming, to someone that just told him they love him. Then you have Adalind. This is the first time since her change she is faced with a dilemma. They make it a big one, Diana. So are they writers setting us up for a twist. or are they setting us up for why she chooses to go with Sean. Sean made the call so he must be on board with Rachel plan. The plan includes a family with Adalind. Pictures show he seems to have the big office, Adalind is shown in a Nice house. Could this be they are trying it out for size. The last episode is set up. Are Sean and Adalind setting up BC or is HW setting up Sean and Adalind. Sean and Adalind being setup would put Nick right in the middle. Adalind is said to work with HW and make an uneasy alliance. Is this Adalind using Sean like he used her. Does Nick trust her to set some one up.

If she is the old Adalind this is an opportunity she it taking advantage of. The old Adalind part of a setup it would fail.
If she has really changed she will be able to stay on task and the setup will not fail. Problem her emotions will get in the way. Plus she is a hexenbiest.

IMO if this is the last season then Adalind and Sean will be setting up BC with the help of HW. If we do get a season 6. It will be Sean and family as mayor. With questionable allegiance, they will betray HW to become Mayor.
both plot lines could be played the same until the very end. That may be why we do not know if there is a season 6 because that could help spoil the ending.
Unless Netflix picks it up, this is the end. Its rather disappointing. FYI, the Bachelor is in in season 16...Oh thats right its cheap and ridiculous.
I really didn't like this episode very much-- going back to case of the week stuff after a couple of great larger story arc episodes was bound to be disappointing, but the crap with Renard is just a really boring story even now that its tying in to Black Claw. Especially since "Renard's questionable loyalties" is a Grimm cliche by now. Plus, anything that screws with Nadalind is something that I hate now, as they just have to much chemistry & too many interesting places they could go.
The WOW part was really good. Though it was not climatic, and the Rosalee saves the day was predictable. It was still entertaining. Wish I could say the same for the story arc. This episode seemed more like they where trying to bridge the revelations from the 100th episode.

Why would Eve not be interested in what Sean knows about Marwan being set up to be killed. Are we suppose to figure she already knows that ,and the meeting was to confirm her suspicions. Then why the surprise when she sees Rachael lookup. Did she hear the conversaion or just see the meeting.

You don't introduce Racheal knows Diana out of the blue without any hint of even a remote connection to anything. It seems they pulled that out of thin air. To finally give Adalind a dilemma we will get to she if she has really changed.

She is keeping her powers a secret will she keep Seans offer a secret. She could tell Nick, who does not know this is a BC plot. Could go along, until Eve fills him in.

I am expecting several episodes of will she or won't she. Even when Nick does get involved will will wonder will she through him under the bus. A question that won't be answered till the last episode.
After sleeping on this episode still just liked it but did wake up with some more question no answers just new question to think about. We know HW has LBB not BC now does BC think the royals have Diana? Now we know why we see Adalind all dressed up in any evening gown and why we see Sean with a baby, but the question is the baby Kelly of a fill in to Diana because everyone think she a baby.

Now does Eve tell Nick and Adalind that Rachel is connected to Dixon getting killed after all all we seen is a phone call. I could see this she knows where they live shows the tape to Nick asks them to play along and some of the thing we heard says this is the case. So Eve also tells them BC doesn't have LBB, even bring LBB to see her mother.

Does Wu watch the tape and see what everyone has seen then see Sean and Rachel together setting off alarms or the scooby's?

This would put a strain on Nick and Adalind even if he knows she helping NW because he know Adalind and Sean have history. We can add BC knows they have a powerful hexen working with HW so they may want Adalind for that reason try and recruit her.

So maybe the writers have set up the plot line, but as someone posted we still have plotline A with nothing on plotline B.

Off to another point of the episode the artifact is it the stick, the cloth, or the box with the power I think stick. I did like the talk back and forth on why the knight hide it, as they could figure it out either. You know if Rosalee wasn't a good guy she could be a very good bad guy with all she knows. Big Grin Glad she on the scooby's side. At least Nick don't lose the fight.
Well, that one was not the best, but not bad.

One of the suggestions Monroe made about the staff of Moses or Aaron never occurred to me before. But, I think the writer's are throwing out multiple ideas so as not to offend any particular religious group. Pretty much let each fan think what they want and the show may never settle the issue. Dodgy

It's pretty obvious that Rachel is trying to play Renard about LBB. BC wants her, HW has her, and BC think's Renard and Adalind can be conned into helping them get her. Remember, she's one of those people that others will follow for good or ill.

Forget about BC thinking the Royals may have her. Considering how deeply they had penetrated the Council, they certainly have operatives among the Royals and know damned well that they haven't got her. Leaves only one other place she can be! Dodgy

BC knows about her, but doesn't know where she is located. They want her badly. She could be the key to their winning or losing. The reason they approached Renard in the first place and are trying to get him on board is to get LBB. They could actually give a shit less about Renard or Adalind. They are just a means to get to LBB. Dodgy

The wesen of the week idea wasn't to bad. But, I don't like Mexican wrestling, so *meh*.

Was it just me, or was Renard thinking about hitting on Eve/Juliette at the end of that car scene? It's obvious he still really thinks of her as Juliette. Dodgy
Pages: 1 2 3