Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E13 - Silence of the Slams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Forum,
IMO S5E13 - Silence of the Slams did not rate as well as other episodes. It confirmed some of our suspicions about allegiances with BC, but did not move the plot forward very much. The WOW didn't provide the surprise and excitement like Grimm is capable of doing. I went to pro wrestling once for my son's birthday back when he was in grade school. The boys loved it and we had a fun time. A choreographed fight just does not entertain like an Ali vs Frasier.
Bottom line, this one was not up to Grimm standards.
New Guy
Honestly I expected more excitement and a continuation of what's been happening - things have been pretty fast paced - so for the show to take a break and go back to the whole isolated wesen incident style episode was a tad boring I'll admit, but not necessarily a bad story on the whole. I definitely liked the ideas behind the vibora dorada and the use of Santeria. It was super creepy how he paralyzed the guy and removed his face while he was still alive - absolutely cringe-worthy. But the story seemed a little rushed towards the end there. The shopkeeper seemed like this nice little old man but he was in fact a cold blooded killer. He seemed like he knew the kid wasn't ready for the responsibility of the mask - but then he made it anyway, practically on a whim. He said wanted half his share of the winnings - but seemed to care less about the money and more about the kid's well-being. He gave the kid some vague warning about not wearing the mask outside the ring - but didn't mentor him or tell him anything of vital importance to avoid disaster, then, KNOWING FULL WELL the effects the mask was having on the kid, he turned his back on him in the shop and wound up dead (telling Nick about the life-saving ceremony just in time before taking his last breath might I add....) I guess I'm just wondering why he went through with all this in the first place!? I just feel the writers should have done a little more to show why this man was helping this kid. Would have made a lot more sense if they were related or he was his mentor or something. But apparently all the wrestlers were coming to his shop, the kid was just one in many who happened to be a sore loser and a bad listener - so let's make HIM a mask... why? because he likes winning...? smh.... aaaaanyway, that sketchy storyline aside, the little tid bits we did get about our main plot here left much to be desired. I definitely think Eve is onto BC's wanting to use Renard and get to Diana, my guess is she didn't want to keep talking to Renard because she doesn't want him to know she's onto them; she wants to be able to follow him around and get information from him without him realizing it and maybe see how he interacts with BC. As for BC knowing about Diana - I think there are several ways they could know this. They've definitely got spies and operatives all over the place. Since HW is the only way to get to Diana it would seem Adalind's shaky alliance here is being asked by Sean to play along with HW so that she can get info on Diana and lead BC to her. I love Renard as a character, but I don't have a lot of faith in him being one of the "good guys". He's always been a lone wolf, and I think more than anything he wants to be a powerful leader - why else would he become a police captain? Since his birth he was shirked by the royal family for being a mutt, but I feel his life's goal is to prove them wrong about him. BC's offer to put Sean in a position of power (being mayor of Portland - where the crap is about to hit the proverbial fan), that's gotta be tempting for him. As for Adalind - I think if we want to know what she's going to do next all we have to do is think about her children - she's going to do whatever it takes to get and keep them both. period. In the beginning I was a big cheerleader for her relationship with Nick, but I just don't see it happening. After all, the best relationships are built on trust... they don't have it. And I don't see much chemistry there anymore - their interactions are usually awkward at best. There are several different ways this could go for now, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Quote:Since HW is the only way to get to Diana it would seem Adalind's shaky alliance here is being asked by Sean to play along with HW so that she can get info on Diana
This statement makes the last piece fit about Adalind working with HW. I was think she works for HW and spies against Sean. But it has to come out that Meisner was the last one to give up Diana. Sean knows Meisner give up Diana. He will use that information to prove HW is not the good guys she may think they are. I would like to see the show do some complicated twist in the story. They have never done it in the past, can't see them doing it now.

With Eve and Meisner the last ones to have Diana, when Adalind confronts Nick with that information. It will be hard from him to not understand her being upset. I could see him even helping her to get Meisner to return Diana. That is the reason for her working with HW.

I do predict before the end of the season. The discussion of who side Adalind is on will shift a number of times. For six episodes she will be the loving girl friend, making Nick think every thing is Ok.
(03-18-2016, 11:40 PM)zugrian Wrote: [ -> ]I really didn't like this episode very much-- going back to case of the week stuff after a couple of great larger story arc episodes was bound to be disappointing, but the crap with Renard is just a really boring story even now that its tying in to Black Claw. Especially since "Renard's questionable loyalties" is a Grimm cliche by now. Plus, anything that screws with Nadalind is something that I hate now, as they just have to much chemistry & too many interesting places they could go.

I tend to agree, especially about Nadalind. If they go down the route (and I believe they will) of Adalind betraying the little trust Nick has for to be with Sean, after all she has been through with/because of him would show really poor judgement (and writing). The next few episodes will decide whether or not I continue to watch. They just seem to be rehashing the same old scenario time and again.
(03-19-2016, 02:38 PM)Vance60 Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to agree, especially about Nadalind. If they go down the route (and I believe they will) of Adalind betraying the little trust Nick has for to be with Sean, after all she has been through with/because of him would show really poor judgement (and writing).

That would go beyond being cynical to just downright stupid. Mind you, at this point I'd be grateful for almost ANYTHING that gets Nick away from Adalind.
I don't think Adalind will make Nick a target , I don't think she will throw him under the bus. She will withhold information that could help if it helps her plans. This time I think we will see an Adalind that can stand up to Sean. An more confident Adalind, she will be a lot like Rachel. Have an agenda willing to do what it takes. even at the expense of Sean, or Nick or anyone else that gets in her way.

She will be be as determined, forceful and Eve except, Eve has a mission, Adalind will have a self interest. I really think Adalind will make Rachel look like an amateur.
All that to get to Diana and when she/he/they get to Diana - will she shun her/him/them? And say: what have you done?! Who knows ... she may be being played as a teen yet with emotionally impulses of a child? however, that doesn't mean she doesn't "get things or the big picture" as she's most likely been groomed and/or taught a certain indoctrination, perhaps? Or has she been living a "normal as can be" childhood with friends of Meisner's such as she was doing as a younger Diana with guardian Kelly? Allowed to practice yet taught control and how/not to use in public or draw attention? Have her skills been honed in on? Is she angry at her "parents" for any of this? Will she strike and kill Rachel herself? Does she have a bond still with Eve? Are they in touch? Meisner? Nick? Where are "her" loyalties and to whom.
I do not see Diana much different then the first two times we have seen her. When we first saw Diana she was not even born and understood danger, showed cognitive reasoning. She has never been demanding, or controlling. She has always shown a since of self. She has never shown hostility. But she has always been defiant.
This foundation would make a character that keeps to her self, never interested in being part of or commanding anyone. She is interested in pleasing herself and cares little what other think. She doesn't fear authority and can't be controlled. She follows direction when it suits her.

If I had to guess. She will be a mirror image of Mama Kelly, but with powers. Except that would not play well with the family image they would want to project. Could that be the problem Diana does not fit the family image so they use Kelly.

Here is a question about Rachel and her including Diana to create this family image. First it is getting Adalind on-board with the idea. Second they are not married though they could say they are engaged. But what about Diana the key to Sean and Adalind agreeing to this family setup. How do you account for the age. Unless Rachel like Sean and Adalind do not realize, Diana has aged. All adding to I don't think Rachel has or knows where Diana is. She only knows how to find out. I am not even sure if Rachel even knows Sean and Meisner have a connection. or that Sean already knows about Meisner and Diana. Remember even Meisner told Sean don't tell anyone. Side note when Nick and Juliette got the picture of Diana from Nicks mom. Neither one questioned the growth and the time that had passed as being not normal.

For Sean to call Adalind, Rachel would have had to tell him something he did not already knew. For the growth, the last time Diana showed up the show ignored it. Only the King said gee how much you have grown. Why do I think the show is again going to ignore the rapid growth again. Juliette did, Meisner did. Why would Adalind and Sean be any different. Adalind keeps saying it has been a long time since she has seen Diana. Almost is if when she does show up it will be my how you have grown. Regardless that Diana and Kelly are not even a year apart.
A grown up Diana wouldn't play the role of a toddler very well, now would she?
Quote:A grown up Diana wouldn't play the role of a toddler very well, now would she?

I was referring to how Diana was portrayed in her first two appearances. Though she had aged from the first to the second time we saw her they still portrayed the same way.
Pages: 1 2 3