Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm - renew/cancel status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On March 11th David G stated in an interview:

"Grimm has yet to be renewed for Season 6, but if and when it does get picked up by NBC, series lead David Giuntoli has suggested that it could very well be the last in the series’ run, per LA Times:

If we get a Season 6, it could very well be our last season, and it will be the first time that the writers would get to write to an ending. If we do, it’ll be a very fun ride, with major events."

**************So, some new renewals/cancellations just came out and Grimm wasn't listed on either (yet) - so we still wait and wait to see *fingers.xd* At least give us the S6 to send it out properly (although I'd like for it to get picked up for maybe two more and end at end of S7 *lol*)
I've not seen anything about a Grimm spin off project either. Could just mean NBC is undecided about both Grimm and/or a spin off.

Like you, @Rotkäppchen, I'd like t see seven seasons of Grimm.
Hopefully, Grimm will get another season and as IMO it is one of the
best and most creative shows NBC has it deserves a 7 season status!
A lot of fans must be speaking out. I know a lot of people who have been; This is a positive sign. Wink
Agreed! I hope so too and feel like him saying that makes me think a S6 is hopeful but I want to be more optimistic and just have them go "we're renewing it for TWO more seasons" and that way they can nail it down good and build to a huge climax at end of S6 then wrap so much up in the final season of seven Smile I could be selfish and go more seasons than that but by the end of S7 we could have a spin-off and a good one that they had two years to flesh out as well LOL Smile

I just saw the numbers for Friday night (3/11) the 100th episode and they were lower than the prior week numbers Sad

WTF?!
Quote:"If we get a Season 6, it could very well be our last season, and it will be the first time that the writers would get to write to an ending. If we do, it’ll be a very fun ride, with major events."

I was rooting for season 6 to be greenlit before, but now I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed. If the writers know the sixth season will be the show's last almost right out of the gate, they can immediately start planning for an effective series finale that brings everything to a head, as opposed to ending on an unsatisfying, abrupt note.
(03-14-2016, 10:03 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"If we get a Season 6, it could very well be our last season, and it will be the first time that the writers would get to write to an ending. If we do, it’ll be a very fun ride, with major events."

I was rooting for season 6 to be greenlit before, but now I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed. If the writers know the sixth season will be the show's last almost right out of the gate, they can immediately start planning for an effective series finale that brings everything to a head, as opposed to ending on an unsatisfying, abrupt note.

Totally agree with that!

While I'd love to get two more out of them, however, if S6 ends it then tie it up and do it right for sure!
Could this renewal hold out be more for publicity then a financial decision. Then hold out has caused them to be in the news more then any other show. I gets viewers to tune in to help the show stay. Like Juliettes death. We know they play with how they do their promotions. The writers may already know. The need to show to play out a little further. To keep the suspense. If we know now there is season six, it makes it hard to put a character in danger.
Well Grimm went up a notch in ratings last Friday. That's a good sign. Smile

Kind of surprising with the NCAA Basketball Tournament going on. I expected the show to take a serious hit because of that.

Let's keep our fingers crossed people. And sign that petition if you haven't already done so! SmileHeart
The waiting to announce Grimm's renewal or not. Is sounding more like a publicity stunt. More then the station trying to make a decision. At first I was too on the bandwagon to "Save Grimm". Now it is starting to feel like the show is treating this like they do the story. Creating a situation to create excitement. The Juliette dying hit their numbers hard. This is starting to look like them trying to boost them back up. People have a tendency to care about something they think they might lose.
Pages: 1 2