Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E12 - Into the Schwarzwald
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(03-14-2016, 03:48 AM)droid327 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2016, 06:04 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I also see that HW will now not give Nick info on BC or if they do he will be told to keep Renard out of the loop.

I expect quite the opposite - I think Renard is going to be a mole for HW in BC. I think he's going to play along with the whole election thing and pretend to join up with BC, so he can "make up" for losing Marwan. Meisner was all upset at Renard for losing their chance to get into BC's command structure - now Renard can say that it worked out even better for them because they'll have a high-level informant.

The only thing I don't get is BC knows Nick is a Grimm, don't they? And they know Nick works for Renard, of course. So why wouldn't they be more suspicious of Renard, before just seemingly trusting him because he's (half) Wesen?

Like JS said, he is half zauberbeist and half Royal, they may believe he is into power by his very nature. Also, he could be a way to come at Nick from behind if he can be "flipped" by BC. Dodgy

But, I still think he will turn out to be a double agent for HW and the crew. Smile
Billy Trump knows Nick is a Grimm. She also knows Sean is a zauaberbiest. Watching Lucien it seems Billy did not tell him any of that. Then maybe she did that is why they targeted Sean for political office. Lets not forget, no matter what we think about how Sean has been on the side of good, helping the scooby's. He is still a zauberbiest, given the right incentive his biest will kick in. The same with Adalind, she can work at being good as hard as she wants, she is still a hexenbiest. The right trigger she is off and running. in spite of all the good will she has built up. That is what she seems to be afraid of. We know Adalind and Sean have an involved meeting. (they where on set together during the 100th viewing). The out takes show Kelly is still in tow. So he stays till the end. How the dynamics will work, maybe this is the Juliette turning to Sean moment for Adalind this time. Because Nick is being unreasonable again.
If we find out what the cloth says and the language is Aramaic or Hebrew tells us something about the object if another language like I don't know Greek tells us something else just my 2 cents not worth more. May be something in the old Grimm books make them of use.
(03-14-2016, 12:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Billy Trump knows Nick is a Grimm. She also knows Sean is a zauaberbiest. Watching Lucien it seems Billy did not tell him any of that. Then maybe she did that is why they targeted Sean for political office. Lets not forget, no matter what we think about how Sean has been on the side of good, helping the scooby's. He is still a zauberbiest, given the right incentive his biest will kick in.

Well we don't know nearly as much about zauberbiesten as hexenbiesten, but we do know that they aren't just male and female versions of each other. And while hexenbiesten seem to have a predilection for being like Adalind - cruel, power-hungry, duplicitous, controlling, and tend to prefer using powers - from what we have seen, its seems like the zauberbiest predilection is more towards physical strength and confrontation. Whenever Sean's gone Zaub so far, its usually followed by someone getting their ass severely kicked.

Something else I just realized - they may also think that Sean still has the Coins, and maybe they're hoping by giving him an opportunity to use them, they can gain access to them for their own use.
Sean has always shown to put his interest first. He has never objected to doing what he feels necessary. He is being given an opportunity for a position of power. Just like the Royals had him going after the keys, that he turned to his advantage. I see him doing the same with his position of mayor. The same with Adalind she will be attracted to wanting to be near power. What she will do to get there will depend on what is needed. Season one it was the keys. Can't even figure what will drive this agenda. Unless it is the stick.

Think about it, Adalind has her powers back, Nick still does not trust Adalind, and now she is keeping a secrete that is not going to improve. Sean is becoming mayor. Siding with Sean would be a much better bet then with Nick. They already did the relation thing. This time it will be a connection of opportunity.

Even though BC puts Sean in power, he will not actual join them. I imagine he will make them stop there violent approach to taking over. Giving them another option, just like he did with the mayor race. The writers said HW and BC will have a confrontation, with an unexpected out come.
Is it amazing that the treasure in the 100th episode has healing powers. Just when the show is trying to heal. The are hoping the stick can heal them. Ok Nick wave your wand. Please don't have Nick walking around with it like a wand. He is not a wizard.
dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands.because if cured, the person who had Veria that could prolong his life.
(03-14-2016, 02:01 PM)droid327 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2016, 12:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Billy Trump knows Nick is a Grimm. She also knows Sean is a zauaberbiest. Watching Lucien it seems Billy did not tell him any of that. Then maybe she did that is why they targeted Sean for political office. Lets not forget, no matter what we think about how Sean has been on the side of good, helping the scooby's. He is still a zauberbiest, given the right incentive his biest will kick in.

Well we don't know nearly as much about zauberbiesten as hexenbiesten, but we do know that they aren't just male and female versions of each other. And while hexenbiesten seem to have a predilection for being like Adalind - cruel, power-hungry, duplicitous, controlling, and tend to prefer using powers - from what we have seen, its seems like the zauberbiest predilection is more towards physical strength and confrontation. Whenever Sean's gone Zaub so far, its usually followed by someone getting their ass severely kicked.

Something else I just realized - they may also think that Sean still has the Coins, and maybe they're hoping by giving him an opportunity to use them, they can gain access to them for their own use.
Hi Droid,
I was wondering about the coins, so I visited:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Coins_of_Zakynthos
where I read this:
Quote:Destruction

The coins may only be destroyed on the island of Zakynthos where they were forged. Kelly Burkhardt indicated in 2012 that she would travel to Zakynthos to destroy the three coins she and Nick had been guarding. ("Bad Teeth") She later sent an e-mail to Juliette indicating that she had not made it to Zakynthos and had the coins "deposited for safekeeping" instead. Nick surmised that Kelly had hidden them somewhere that was hopefully safe. ("The Wild Hunt")
So, did the location of the coins die with Kelly? Do the writers consider the coins gone forever and viewers don't care?
Here is the Springfield script about the e-mail:
http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/...ode=s03e12
Quote:- Juliette? - I'm in the kitchen.
But not for long.
Hey.
So I got an email from your mom.
I just finished tracking her to Kerkira, which is on the Greek border of Albania, but she's not there anymore.
- W-how do you know? - 'Cause she's heading north.
Here, will you take a look at this and tell me what you think? Sounds like you were doing a pretty good job yourself.
No, there's more.
Look.
"Juliette, good you have recovered.
Tell 'N'" That would be me.
Yeah, yeah, I got that.
"Money not spent has been deposited for safekeeping.
" I mean, those are the coins you told me about, right? Yeah.
That means she didn't make it to Zakynthos.
But she's hidden them somewhere, hopefully safe.
"Weather too hot now.
" That probably means somebody is on to her, but who? I don't know.
I mean, she's made a lot of enemies over the years.
- "Returning north to find 'L.
'" - Yeah, who's "L"? Probably the Lauffer? The Resistance, the groups of people who are uniting against the Royals.
How many are there? Honestly, I am just getting up to speed with this myself.
I have no idea.
"Safer for 'N' to communicate through you.
" "Do not respond to this as I am in an unsecured location.
'M.
'" I don't think that this is a good idea.
Why not? This could be a way to protect both of you.
- Yeah, with you in the middle? - I'm already in the middle.
And don't forget, I got in a lot of trouble before because of things I didn't know.
Look, you have to be very careful how you deal with this.
I know.
I have not done any "emphasis added" to the script to avoid being accused of "twisting the truth." However, it seems clear to me Juliette had some computer skills before HW turned her into FrankenEve; she says "I just finished tracking her to Kerkira, which is on the Greek border of Albania, but she's not there anymore."
So, Droid, do you think the coin story arc is dead or will Nick go on another treasure hunt? Will Renard want the coins to put them on his Captain Dress Blues lapels (like Hitler did)?
[Image: latest?cb=20140414034521]
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Coins_in_a_Fuchsbau
Quote:"Three Coins in a Fuchsbau"

Captain Renard falls under the spell of the coins and shows up the next day in full uniform. He orders a press conference for 2 PM, all personnel are required to attend. The press think Renard's speech is to launch a political campaign, such as to run for mayor, but he says it's just a warning to any would-be criminals. Just as Renard gets in the parking garage Soledad gets into the parking garage and causes a blackout by destroying the breaker. Just as Hank, Nick and Kolt arrive, Soledad takes hold of Renard. A gun fight ensues; Nick helps Renard, but the coins and Kolt are gone. But Renard going through the withdrawal of losing the coins tells Nick he needs the coins and begins to panic.
[Image: latest?cb=20140515211311]
So, "But Renard going through the withdrawal of losing the coins tells Nick he needs the coins and begins to panic."
Why would Renard want the coins now. Will Rachel get him to run for Mayor of Portland on the Black Claw ticket?
New Guy
Quote:Well we don't know nearly as much about zauberbiesten as hexenbiesten, but we do know that they aren't just male and female versions of each other. And while hexenbiesten seem to have a predilection for being like Adalind - cruel, power-hungry, duplicitous, controlling, and tend to prefer using powers - from what we have seen, its seems like the zauberbiest predilection is more towards physical strength and confrontation. Whenever Sean's gone Zaub so far, its usually followed by someone getting their ass severely kicked.

After five season we do know Sean mind goes to the most devious solution. Sean was you took my Grimm I'll kill my brother. In the beginning Adalind actions where from Sean's mind. What happened to hank Adalind may have done it. But Sean thought it up. It is the one thing Hexenbiest and Zauberbiest have in common. Lowered impulse control. Sean acts on what he thinks, just like Adalind, and Hexenette.
I really liked the episode. I think they have set up Adalind nicely as 'the geek' so perhaps she will know what the language is on the cloth. The Renard storyline feels like a speed-bump plotline to me but is satisfying when I see it actually go somewhere. It was good to see Rosalee and Adalind bonding. The hexenbeist's we have seen seem to have a great deal of knowledge of all wesen, languages, history and science to name a few things. They could be a huge power for good so I wonder what it is that makes them so bad?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8