Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Juliette would be imprisoned for murder accomplice.let kill the neighbors, did nothing.
because she was a "Hexenbiest"?.does not justify or excuse.Adalind he mentioned when Ken says the incident at the bar, that Juliette is accepting what it was.It is not an apology to the attitude of Juliette.
if Juliette and Nick did not care or others or their old values.
(03-11-2016, 03:25 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing (that is a doubt I have) I am not sure Kenneth has diplomatic immunity. As far as I understood from the show Sean family situation is similar to real Brazilian royal family. They are descendants of a person that in the past was government. But today officially they are nothing. They are not government. By the law they are a normal citizen as any other citizen. I am not sure and that needed to be searched but I think that is the case with Sean family. Thy are not government of any country. They are not diplomacy of any were.
This way Kenneth is just a citizen of another country that commited a crime in American land. I think he was chargeable for the crimes. I think we are wrongly considering he immune.

But wasn't Frederick the king of something? If not, why was Viktor so adamant about taking over the throne? They're known as the royal family. There must be something to that claim and they must be able to prove it if asked to provide proof. Kenneth reports to Frederick so he would be part of all that as well.

These people are really arrogant. I think they've gotten into the States via some kind of airtight loophole. The only thing that comes to mind immediately is as diplomats.
(03-11-2016, 06:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 03:25 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing (that is a doubt I have) I am not sure Kenneth has diplomatic immunity. As far as I understood from the show Sean family situation is similar to real Brazilian royal family. They are descendants of a person that in the past was government. But today officially they are nothing. They are not government. By the law they are a normal citizen as any other citizen. I am not sure and that needed to be searched but I think that is the case with Sean family. Thy are not government of any country. They are not diplomacy of any were.
This way Kenneth is just a citizen of another country that commited a crime in American land. I think he was chargeable for the crimes. I think we are wrongly considering he immune.

But wasn't Frederick the king of something? If not, why was Viktor so adamant about taking over the throne? They're known as the royal family. There must be something to that claim and they must be able to prove it if asked to provide proof. Kenneth reports to Frederick so he would be part of all that as well.

These people are really arrogant. I think they've gotten into the States via some kind of airtight loophole. The only thing that comes to mind immediately is as diplomats.

That is the point... Frederick was the king of nothing... I think.. He wanted to be king again...

He is from Austria, isn't he?? (In the show I mean). But Austria has a president... not a king... It is the same thing that happens in Brazil... Brazil has a president. But in the past it had an emperor. The family of this emperor has no official political rights nowadays. If they go to USA and commit a crime there they have no diplomatic immunity.

But this family nowadays has institutions and they have political movements trying to change Brazil from a republic to a monarch again. If this happens, then they would become kings and have official political power and have diplomatic immunity. But today they officially have nothing.

As far as I understood from the show, that is the same situation of the Fredericks family. They are trying to retrieve their old power, but nowadays officially they having nothing (probably only a lot money and a like mob family). I don’t think they have diplomatic immunity.

I was reading about it and at least in Brazil (I think it is the same way in other countries since it follows an international agreement) the diplomatic immunity is for government representatives and for diplomatic staffs. A royal family that intents to be something is not considered in the law.

You asked about Viktor. Actually it is more like a mob family. That would explain why Viktor wanted the king dead: to assume families money/bussiness.

Edit to add an important information...
Even the brazilian royal family being nothing by the official laws, they call themselves as brazilian royal family. When there are news about them the news refer to them as brazilian royal family. But officialy they aren't brazilian royal family because Brazil doens't have a king. I think that is the case with Frederick and his family in Grim m show and Austria.
I'm just guessing here, but I compared them to the English royalty. As far as I know, they don't have any ruling power either. But if they come to the US, they are treated like diplomats.
(03-11-2016, 07:01 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just guessing here, but I compared them to the English royalty. As far as I know, they don't have any ruling power either. But if they come to the US, they are treated like diplomats.

That is different. England has a parliamentary government. In a simple way, it means the queen is a state chief while the prime minister is the government chief. It means that the queen represents United Kingdom to the world. The queen has a small power. But saying that she has no power is not entirely correctly. In US she is treat like diplomats because actually she has a diplomatic role according to United Kingdom constitution.
As chief of state the queen has many roles. One of them is diplomatic. That is why she has diplomatic immunity. That is not the same thing that happens with Austria nowadays. They have a president and a prime minister. Their president has more or less the some power the English queen has.
USA and Brazil have only president. The president is responsible for both roles: state chief and government chief (there is no prime minister). This way, Brazilian royal family (and Austria royal family) has no official role defined for them. They don’t have diplomatic immunity because our constitution doesn’t define any diplomatic role or any other official role for the royal family.

Considering the grimm show, it was said that the royals want back the power they once have. That can mean they have few power nowadays. Or that also mean they have no (political) power at all (that is my interpretation based in what I typed above).
(03-11-2016, 07:24 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]That is different. England has a parliamentary government. In a simple way, it means the queen is a state chief while the prime minister is the government chief. It means that the queen represents United Kingdom to the world. The queen has a small power. But saying that she has no power is not entirely correctly. In US she is treat like diplomats because actually she has a diplomatic role according to United Kingdom constitution.

Okay, there's limited power to the queen, I can agree with that. But what about when other royals visit the country, such as Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince William, or Kate? They do not have power, but they are treated as diplomats.
(03-11-2016, 07:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 07:24 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]That is different. England has a parliamentary government. In a simple way, it means the queen is a state chief while the prime minister is the government chief. It means that the queen represents United Kingdom to the world. The queen has a small power. But saying that she has no power is not entirely correctly. In US she is treat like diplomats because actually she has a diplomatic role according to United Kingdom constitution.

Okay, there's limited power to the queen, I can agree with that. But what about when other royals visit the country, such as Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince William, or Kate? They do not have power, but they are treated as diplomats.

It is the something... They are members of a family that still have an official power. That is not case of Sean's family (or Brazilian royal family, using a real example). Diplomatic immunity is for the government members and his family. I think this includes the royal family.
And don’t forget that prince Charles one day may became king. Prince Willian also may became king too. This is a diplomatic relation.
And another point. They are threat as diplomats, but if it happened a crime would they have diplomatic immunity just as the queen? I don’t know because I don’t details of the law.
But that didn’t change my original point. I think that in Grimm as it tries to follow real life in some aspects Sean family has no diplomatic privileges.

English royal family IS the OFFICIAL English royal family. They HAVE diplomatic immunity.
Sean family in Grimm ISN’T the OFFICIAL royal family of any country. They DON’T have diplomatic immunity.

I may be wrong, but the show never said they were official king of anywhere... at least as far as I remember.
(03-11-2016, 08:06 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

It is the something... They are members of a family that still have an official power. That is not case of Sean's family (or Brazilian royal family, using a real example). Diplomatic immunity is for the government members and his family. I think this includes the royal family.
And don’t forget that prince Charles one day may became king. Prince Willian also may became king too. This is a diplomatic relation.
And another point. They are threat as diplomats, but if it happened a crime would they have diplomatic immunity just as the queen? I don’t know because I don’t details of the law.
But that didn’t change my original point. I think that in Grimm as it tries to follow real life in some aspects Sean family has no diplomatic privileges.

English royal family IS the OFFICIAL English royal family. They HAVE diplomatic immunity.
Sean family in Grimm ISN’T the OFFICIAL royal family of any country. They DON’T have diplomatic immunity.

I may be wrong, but the show never said they were official king of anywhere... at least as far as I remember.

I understand your point, Adriano, but I think we're talking two different things here and I'm not communicating my thoughts very well. I understand Frederick's not the king anymore, and there is some kind of government in place. But he has a throne, he has a kingdom, does that mean it's been given to him as a symbolic gesture? I don't know. Apparently there must be some kind of internal strife within the country to get him back into power because there are people out there who recognize him as the king. That strife alone could be enough to grant him diplomatic status. I understood diplomatic status was originally meant to do was to protect people like Frederick while he traveled within another country. In other words, the US can't just pick him up and arrest him because we don't care for his politics. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got when I read about it.

I think it's the same with the Queen of England. The US doesn't recognize the queen of England as having any power in the states. There are people here who are against a monarchy. However, that should not prevent her from coming over here and traveling in the country without prejudice.
(03-11-2016, 08:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 08:06 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

I understand your point, Adriano, but I think we're talking two different things here and I'm not communicating my thoughts very well. I understand Frederick's not the king anymore, and there is some kind of government in place. But he has a throne, he has a kingdom, does that mean it's been given to him as a symbolic gesture? I don't know. Apparently there must be some kind of internal strife within the country to get him back into power because there are people out there who recognize him as the king. That strife alone could be enough to grant him diplomatic status. I understood diplomatic status was originally meant to do was to protect people like Frederick while he traveled within another country. In other words, the US can't just pick him up and arrest him because we don't care for his politics. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got when I read about it.

I think it's the same with the Queen of England. The US doesn't recognize the queen of England as having any power in the states. There are people here who are against a monarchy. However, that should not prevent her from coming over here and traveling in the country without prejudice.

You know I respect your opinion and I like many of your ideas but…
But I have to say that some points that you wrote is simply arrogant.

US doesn’t have the right to recognize the queen of England as having any power or not. If you like or not monarchy it is your problem. I don’t like either. But England has the right to decide by themselves who will govern them and who has power over them. US (and Brazil, just to be clear that I am not criticizing any specific country) has only to respect their decision. If US accept England queen in US you are receiving an England representant, doesn’t matter if this representant is a queen, a president, a prime minister or whatever.
You are not receiving the queen. You are receiving England people (a representant of England people). Thinking or acting differently is just being arrogant.

Sorry but I don’t understand how you can’t see the difference between a king of nothing (like the Brazilian real family that is not recognized by Brazilian people as having any power) and an official queen ( like the British royal family that is recognized by England and by the Commonwealth realms as their representant around the world). Is it just because you don’t like royals???
You can’t judge the world based in your own small little box. The world is too bigger than that. There are other opinions out there. There are other ways of living. Some are better, some are worst and some are just different.

Again, I like some of your opinions and I like many of our debates... Please I ask you to don't take it as a personal attack or critic or anything that. I insist because I really care about keeping our debates here and I don’t want to be misunderstood. But I couldn’t see your post in another way. Sorry if I understood it in a wrong way.

Now talking about Grimm…
About diplomatic status, it is defined by laws that define who has right for this and who hasn’t. I can’t simply go to US and say: Hey I am here representing Brazil… give me diplomatic immunity…
Even in the example you give, if Frederick was king because of a symbolic act it could be considered conspiracy against the official power in his country. If US consider Frederick with diplomatic immunity without a proper authorization of his country, US could be accused of helping in a conspiracy against Frederick’s country and that would be a diplomatic incident.
I find this question absurd to be honest. Are people really asking this?

If Juliette thought Kenneth would let Kelly walk free after taking Diana in the first place, then she must be either very stupid or delusional.

As annoying she may be, I don't think Juliette is that mentally incompetent not to realise the royals would kill Kelly. After all they killed the neighbours and she helped them do that.

We have evidence that Juliette knew Kelly was going to die. The scene of her sitting in the bedroom, looking all guilty but refusing to save Kelly. She heard Kelly die and didn't do anything about it.

So not only she knew the royals were killing Kelly, she also didn't stop them.

She was one of those people who helped set someone up and let the crime happen. So along with the Royals, Juliette is responsible for Kelly dying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35