Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(08-03-2016, 07:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember Adalind ever saying she killed Marie.

I had to go look this up because I thought she made a statement somewhere that she murdered or killed Nick's aunt. According to what I found, after Adalind unsuccessfully tried to kill Marie, she met with Renard later. He was still concerned about what Marie could tell Nick, so he ordered Adalind to find the right people to take care Marie. She apparently did because Marie was attacked and eventually died. It would make sense for Adalind to later admit she murdered Marie. However, I'll have to look a little further into this later because I could have misinterpreted her statement.
(08-03-2016, 08:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2016, 07:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember Adalind ever saying she killed Marie.

I had to go look this up because I thought she made a statement somewhere that she murdered or killed Nick's aunt. According to what I found, after Adalind unsuccessfully tried to kill Marie, she met with Renard later. He was still concerned about what Marie could tell Nick, so he ordered Adalind to find the right people to take care Marie. She apparently did because Marie was attacked and eventually died. It would make sense for Adalind to later admit she murdered Marie. However, I'll have to look a little further into this later because I could have misinterpreted her statement.

I remember the conversation between Nick and Adalind during her time in the cell from "Season of the Hexenbiest". I don't have the transcript so I'll paraphrase to the best of my ability. Adalind tells him:

"You think I tried to kill your Aunt. Well, I have a confession to make. I did. Of course, I was just one of many. But, haven't you ever wondered who put us up to it?"

Adalind did confess to attempted murder but never the murder of Marie. It's all technical but it really doesn't make it any better. She obviously would have succeeded had Nick not been there to intervene. Nick certainly didn't see a difference.
Thanks HellRell. You're right, her failure to kill Marie doesn't make it any better.
No it isn't.
(08-03-2016, 10:54 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks HellRell. You're right, her failure to kill Marie doesn't make it any better.
The difference is in how not the trying. In Marie case Adalind never tricked her Adalind never misused someone's trust.

(08-03-2016, 11:17 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't.
Like the other part of this post Adalind wasn't getting even for anything she was doing this for Renard. Juliette no matter how we look at had some idea of hurting Nick to get even for herself. In someway you can understand Juliette more than Adalind in her actions, but that understanding is a two way street, if we can understand it makes it more personal than Adalind.
(08-03-2016, 10:12 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the conversation between Nick and Adalind during her time in the cell from "Season of the Hexenbiest". I don't have the transcript so I'll paraphrase to the best of my ability.
Hi Hell Rell,
I have found two sources for transcripts:

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/...show=grimm

and

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Epi...ranscripts

I believe Springfield site has all the episodes, but is just the straight scripts. The Grimm Wikia site includes the character's names and is much easier to search. The Grimm Wikia also has a bunch of other Grimm information:

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Wiki

Quote:The wiki contains 1,518 articles and 8,014 images since its creation on July 22, 2011.
The wiki reached 1,000 articles on November 22, 2014 with the Trial by Fire page.
The Wiki contains info for all aired episodes, so beware of spoilers.
Characters • Wesen • Timeline • Episodes • Future Episodes • Opening Quotes
Character Deaths • Objects • Locations • Cast • Crew • Webisodes
Comics • Novels • Cover Gallery • Calendar • Dictionary
Policies • Community • Maintenance • Administrators • Affiliates
Enjoy!
New Guy
(08-03-2016, 01:19 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2016, 10:12 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the conversation between Nick and Adalind during her time in the cell from "Season of the Hexenbiest". I don't have the transcript so I'll paraphrase to the best of my ability.
Hi Hell Rell,
I have found two sources for transcripts:

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/...show=grimm

and

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Epi...ranscripts

I believe Springfield site has all the episodes, but is just the straight scripts. The Grimm Wikia site includes the character's names and is much easier to search. The Grimm Wikia also has a bunch of other Grimm information:

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Wiki

Quote:The wiki contains 1,518 articles and 8,014 images since its creation on July 22, 2011.
The wiki reached 1,000 articles on November 22, 2014 with the Trial by Fire page.
The Wiki contains info for all aired episodes, so beware of spoilers.
Characters • Wesen • Timeline • Episodes • Future Episodes • Opening Quotes
Character Deaths • Objects • Locations • Cast • Crew • Webisodes
Comics • Novels • Cover Gallery • Calendar • Dictionary
Policies • Community • Maintenance • Administrators • Affiliates
Enjoy!
New Guy

Thanks NG! That should come in handy for future debates. Of course, it still leaves room for our personal interpretations.

(08-03-2016, 01:05 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2016, 10:54 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks HellRell. You're right, her failure to kill Marie doesn't make it any better.
The difference is in how not the trying. In Marie case Adalind never tricked her Adalind never misused someone's trust.

(08-03-2016, 11:17 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't.
Like the other part of this post Adalind wasn't getting even for anything she was doing this for Renard. Juliette no matter how we look at had some idea of hurting Nick to get even for herself. In someway you can understand Juliette more than Adalind in her actions, but that understanding is a two way street, if we can understand it makes it more personal than Adalind.

I fully understand why viewers and Nick are angrier with Juliette than with Adalind. Juliette was one of the scoobies. Adalind was an enemy. She did horrible things equal to Juliette but what Juilette did was a betrayal. That's always going to sting more. She may have broken up with Nick but it was recent enough where she was still thought of as one of them. Juliette sided with his enemies and used her relationship with him to aid them. It's the main reason they wanted her at the beginning. She knows that was the reason Kenneth bailed her out of jail and she knew he was up to no good.

Of course, Juliette felt betrayed by Nick and probably the rest of the crew as well when he protected Adalind and they were working with her. I think Juliette believed she was just getting even with them and only felt she had crossed the line when Kelly was murdered.

I think Adalind would receive a lot of the audience"s ire if she betrays Nick next season. It would be Kelly's mother and someone Nick had intimate relations with turning against him rather than his enemy. I don't think that will happen but Adalind would no longer receive a pass for hurting Nick if she hurts him after she declared her love for him.
The personal relationship does make the betrayal sting a little more. When Adalind was introduced, she was Nick's enemy, no questions asked. Whatever she did he reacted accordingly. In the same way with Juliette. The issue is viewer perception of the two women. Someone somewhere is always going to see one woman as worse than the other. In this case what should matter is what Nick thinks.
Juliette had no issues being Team Grimm and helping from the time she finally realized that Nick was telling the truth about his family legacy; and only threw a tantrum because Nick was protecting a pregnant woman from her wrath. Let's not forget that Juliette agreed with Kelly at the house that Adalind's baby was special and they needed to get the child away from the mother and helped to make that happen along with the rest of the Scoobies and Renard. The bottom line for ME, Juliette is a whining whiner who had no issues participating in Nick's Grimm business as long as nothing happened to her sorry behind; she KNEW Adalind had her powers back and was dangerous to boot, but she kept on participating in Grimm business until she became a Hexenbiest. Juliette and Juliette alone is responsible for sending Kelly the email to return to town, when she knew Kenneth and company had just slaughtered HER neighbors!
Well, I figured out where I got the information that Adalind killed Marie. It was from the old nbc recaps:

Feeling frustrated, Nick provokes Adalind behind bars. She confesses she is working for the Royals and that she killed his aunt. Additionally, she reveals that she knows who the Portland Royal is, the one who gave her the order. All she wants is the key, and she will give him the name. Nick refuses and is done with her deceptions.

I knew I had read this somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35