Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(07-21-2016, 03:58 PM)Dian Mclean Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you call Kelly an Idiot. She assumed that she received a distress email from Juliette about Nick. She did the right thing in coming to her son in his time of need. Maybe she was feeling guilty for not been there for Nick. The writers left us with a lot of unanswered questions. Yes I can certainly imagine them writing a Batman comic book.

The issue is that the creative team writing for Grimm really did make Kelly look foolish. I understood Diana to be so special she was a once in a lifetime baby. Then there's Kelly, the ultimate Grimm who's no doubt outlived some of her male counterparts, is still a Grimm well into her 50s, and still going strong. Kelly entrusted herself with Diana's care and protection. She moves out of the city so no one can find her.

So the minute an email comes from Nick's address she's on her way with Diana. There isn't just one or two things wrong with the scenario that I could chalk up to a mistake here or there. There are about a thousand things wrong with it.
(07-21-2016, 04:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2016, 03:58 PM)Dian Mclean Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you call Kelly an Idiot. She assumed that she received a distress email from Juliette about Nick. She did the right thing in coming to her son in his time of need. Maybe she was feeling guilty for not been there for Nick. The writers left us with a lot of unanswered questions. Yes I can certainly imagine them writing a Batman comic book.

The issue is that the creative team writing for Grimm really did make Kelly look foolish. I understood Diana to be so special she was a once in a lifetime baby. Then there's Kelly, the ultimate Grimm who's no doubt outlived some of her male counterparts, is still a Grimm well into her 50s, and still going strong. Kelly entrusted herself with Diana's care and protection. She moves out of the city so no one can find her.

So the minute an email comes from Nick's address she's on her way with Diana. There isn't just one or two things wrong with the scenario that I could chalk up to a mistake here or there. There are about a thousand things wrong with it.

Hell Yes, I totally agree with you on that score. Why didn't she simply call Nick, come on she was a smart woman who have survived many many years been cautious and careful. She is a GRIMM after all. And now to baby Diana, she is a special child, couldn't she have come to Kelly's aid, too much unfinished business there, , but come on have some imagination there with Diana.
We have seen on the show the Royals will kill to get Diana. Saying if Kelly had not come to Portland there would be dead bodies is speculation. Though It is supported by prior actions on the show. Nick telling Kelly the Royals know she has Diana. Would have brought Kelly to Portland. Unless you proscribe to Kelly letting them all die rather then give up Diana.
The idea the Nick is a Grimm and could have protected them. Ignores that the Royals are the only enemy on the show that will shot their victims.
(07-21-2016, 05:44 PM)Dian Mclean Wrote: [ -> ]Hell Yes, I totally agree with you on that score. Why didn't she simply call Nick, come on she was a smart woman who have survived many many years been cautious and careful. She is a GRIMM after all. And now to baby Diana, she is a special child, couldn't she have come to Kelly's aid, too much unfinished business there, , but come on have some imagination there with Diana.

Kelly had Adalind and Diana. She was part of the resistance. It sounds like she had the option of going where she wanted because, if I'm reading this correctly, the destination was changed from Brazil to Portland. Syscrash has mentioned before that Kelly decided to dump Adalind and Diana at Nick's doorstep. I'm wondering why. They were not Nick's problem.
(07-22-2016, 05:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2016, 05:44 PM)Dian Mclean Wrote: [ -> ]Hell Yes, I totally agree with you on that score. Why didn't she simply call Nick, come on she was a smart woman who have survived many many years been cautious and careful. She is a GRIMM after all. And now to baby Diana, she is a special child, couldn't she have come to Kelly's aid, too much unfinished business there, , but come on have some imagination there with Diana.

Kelly had Adalind and Diana. She was part of the resistance. It sounds like she had the option of going where she wanted because, if I'm reading this correctly, the destination was changed from Brazil to Portland. Syscrash has mentioned before that Kelly decided to dump Adalind and Diana at Nick's doorstep. I'm wondering why. They were not Nick's problem.
As a guess only Kelly wasn't sure how much the resistance had been involved so she wanted to go somewhere and to someone that she knew she could trust. This took the resistance out of the picture and the royals to because all the info they had was now of no use.
(07-22-2016, 10:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]As a guess only Kelly wasn't sure how much the resistance had been involved so she wanted to go somewhere and to someone that she knew she could trust. This took the resistance out of the picture and the royals to because all the info they had was now of no use.

But Kelly was working for the resistance, at least that's what the dialogue above says. It doesn't make any sense for her to drop Adalind and Diana off at Nick's house when she could have scheduled the airplane to go anywhere she wanted.

There's a very odd contradiction in Nick with all of this. He made sure he protected Adalind from Juliette when Juliette threatened his baby. Yet when Kelly comes up with some outlandish plan to take Diana and kill those who'd get in her way, he goes along with it. He doesn't know what Kelly might do to Diana. The way she was acting should have been a major red flag to Nick.
(07-22-2016, 05:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Kelly had Adalind and Diana. She was part of the resistance. It sounds like she had the option of going where she wanted because, if I'm reading this correctly, the destination was changed from Brazil to Portland. Syscrash has mentioned before that Kelly decided to dump Adalind and Diana at Nick's doorstep. I'm wondering why. They were not Nick's problem.
Kelly changed the destination immediately after takeoff and ordered the pilot not to notify the Resistance. I never got the impression Kelly planned to leave Adalind or Diana with Nick, but rather, went to a trusted place to regroup and make alternate travel plans for her and Diana. I have always believed Kelly planned to kidnap Diana before arriving in Portland. What Kelly didn’t anticipate was that the Royals had reason to suspect Adalind would return to Portland/Renard.

(07-22-2016, 11:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There's a very odd contradiction in Nick with all of this. He made sure he protected Adalind from Juliette when Juliette threatened his baby. Yet when Kelly comes up with some outlandish plan to take Diana and kill those who'd get in her way, he goes along with it. He doesn't know what Kelly might do to Diana. The way she was acting should have been a major red flag to Nick.

(07-22-2016, 11:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There's a very odd contradiction in Nick with all of this. He made sure he protected Adalind from Juliette when Juliette threatened his baby. Yet when Kelly comes up with some outlandish plan to take Diana and kill those who'd get in her way, he goes along with it. He doesn't know what Kelly might do to Diana. The way she was acting should have been a major red flag to Nick.
Nick’s behavior isn’t surprising to me in the least. Nick, Renard, and the others wanted Diana out of Portland to alleviate any retaliatory threat from the Royals, and prevent the Royals from having Diana’s powers. Kelly wanted Diana’s powers under her control. Period. There isn’t any love or concern for Diana in this scenario.

Any doubt over Nick’s concerns for Diana’s wellbeing was settled in S5. He didn’t show the least bit of concern that BC had Diana or how that would affect Adalind.

Nick has never opposed or stood up to his mother. He didn’t want Kelly barging into Renard’s home and taking Diana by force, but rather than stand up to her, he practically begged her to let him try to convince Renard it was the better way.

Kelly's behavior would be a red flag to a police officer that enforces the law, but not so much to one that breaks the law whenever it benefits him.
Sorry for the crudeness but when Juliette had sex with old kenny boy I think she definitely knew what she was doin and killing Kelly would be a point of no return I believe for bin to forgive juileeye
(07-22-2016, 05:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

I would say that its because Nick was the only one that she trusted. Remember on the plane she changed direction. That's what I thought. Sometimes the plot lines does not make any sense and its unfinished.
The entire post hinges on do you think the narrative in the show. State in she did not know is a lie. It is funny the argument for it being lie is. She should have known better. Yet no other event that lacked common sense is not viewed as misdirection.

What ever you want to believe remember the transcript
Juliette: I didn't know Kenneth was gonna do that.
Nick: She trusted you.
Juliette: I know. I thought they just wanted Diana.

Post claiming Juliette planned to kill Kelly. Would have to make the transcript a lie.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35