Grimm Forum

Full Version: Q&A with Jim Kouf about Season 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Executive Producer Jim Kouf revealed some Season 3 spoilers in his interview with Entertainment Weekly:

Quote:Will Nick’s precarious situation be resolved in the first five minutes of the new season by a rescue, or will he actually be taking an unscheduled trip to Europe? I noticed that Renard was last seen watching his brother leave the hotel, with the implication that he was going to follow him, but I’m not sure whether that was intentional. — Isaac
Don’t expect a quick resolution in the case of Nick’s zombiefication at all. In fact, Kouf tells me, “It’s going to take a couple of scripts to get Nick back into shape. Gotta say, he’s having a tough time. It hasn’t been easy on him,” he says. He adds that it will take a huge group effort to help Nick, who will definitely be a changed man after his experience. “Like with any near-death experience or medical issue that someone deals with, it kind of changes their lives. You have a new perspective on things, so Nick is going to have to deal with the residual effects,” he teases.

Hi! I have been a faithful Grimm watcher since the first episode! Since season 2, you have converted me to a major Juliett/Renard shipper. Please tell me there is still hope all of us J/R shippers in season 3! — Megan
“No plans but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen,” Kouf reports. “We allow the characters to kind of develop in a natural way. As we create the characters and we work them through the story, sometimes, suddenly someone has a different need that we didn’t know they had. And we allow ourselves to play those needs out.” In sum, he says, “You just never know, and we don’t always necessarily know. The characters speak to us. We try to let them behave and tell us what they want.”

Any scoop on what’s up with Hank this season on Grimm? — Gail
“He’s been kind of single for a while,” Kouf says, “so we plan to get him hooked up again.” Now accepting casting suggestions!

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/03/grimm-...-spoilers/
Sweet. Having the zombie plot stick around for a few episodes would be ideal. And that its effects will linger is a fantastic thing to read.

Love that Hank's going to be getting a girlfriend -- srsly, that guy needs more than just "day job" and "Grimm job" as his characterization. I'd like it if his girlfriend just turned out to be stable, normal, etc., and didn't betray him, ha ha. "Average" relationships and happy couples seem vanishingly rare on shows.

Augh, why the tease with Juliette/Renard? I swear to the gods that aren't above that I'm the only shipper for that pair ... no offense to Nick, but some of those J/R scenes were ... intense. Always been a sucker for the "star-crossed lovers" trope. Unapologetically so.
Residual effects, huh? Just great, those zombies are slow on the uptake, have zero personalities, and bad tempers!

As I wrote somewhere else around here, am speculating that Nick could have a serious problem with left-over violent tendencies. Or perhaps the Baron's mind-controlling power over his creations could still have some influence on Nick. Worst case scenario, he'll have a social problem with his hygiene - zombies are dead; they ain't getting any fresher.

On the bright side, maybe he'll just have more tolerance for those who don't fit the so-called normal framework of society, and be on his way to happier times.

Hank's a great guy and deserves to find love, with all the joy that condition brings - before the writers let us know she's really a badger or a wolverine who hates cops.

The Captain is my favorite character and it would turn my Grimm world upside down to see something romantic develop between him and Juliette! She belongs with Nick; hope nothing like this happens.
I hope Hank's girl is a wesen... I really don't want someone from the normal world who has to go through the same things Hank and Juliette went through with being the outsider.
(07-09-2013, 12:15 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Worst case scenario, he'll have a social problem with his hygiene - zombies are dead; they ain't getting any fresher.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I really don´t want to see the captain and juliette in a relationship. That would be so boring.

Hopefully, Hank get´s an interesting girlfriend. At the moment his charakter is a little bit one-dimensional. Maybe a girlfriend change that.
(07-10-2013, 02:27 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 12:15 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Worst case scenario, he'll have a social problem with his hygiene - zombies are dead; they ain't getting any fresher.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I really don´t want to see the captain and juliette in a relationship. That would be so boring.

Hopefully, Hank get´s an interesting girlfriend. At the moment his charakter is a little bit one-dimensional. Maybe a girlfriend change that.

Oh, I so agree about Renard and Juliette! I have the most pathetic little crush on the Captain, and if it can't be me (ha-ha), then I would really love to see him meet a love interest this next season. She'll have to be very special to be a good match for him, but it's time. Okay with me if she's a wesen.

And Hank deserves someone in his life, too. If she could complete some kind of wesen-rehab program, the pretty dragon girl would be perfect. Well, except for that fire-breathing thing.Smile
(07-08-2013, 12:52 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]“It’s going to take a couple of scripts to get Nick back into shape. Gotta say, he’s having a tough time. It hasn’t been easy on him,” he says. He adds that it will take a huge group effort to help Nick, who will definitely be a changed man after his experience. “Like with any near-death experience or medical issue that someone deals with, it kind of changes their lives. You have a new perspective on things, so Nick is going to have to deal with the residual effects”

Is it going to be tragic-problematic, does Nick need psychiatric help? -Too bad Dr. Brinkerhoff isn't available anymore Tongue- It was difficult enough to watch Juliette solving her problems for ages, I wonder was it does to the story if the main character needs therapeutical support. Confused
I'm pretty sure I read that Hank's romantic interest IS a wesen, so that'll be fun! Smile