Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why isn't Nick a lethargic, suicidal nutcase by now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seriously, considering everything he's been through, you have to wonder why Nick hasn't leap off the roof of his precinct yet. Between being used and abused by just about everyone around him, there's no real reason why Nick should feel the need to keep going. I can't tell if it's a fault in David Guintoli's acting, or just badly written scripts.
(02-01-2016, 12:21 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, considering everything he's been through, you have to wonder why Nick hasn't leap off the roof of his precinct yet. Between being used and abused by just about everyone around him, there's no real reason why Nick should feel the need to keep going. I can't tell if it's a fault in David Guintoli's acting, or just badly written scripts.
Hi Hexenadler,
The writers provided a reason for Nick to go on; little Kelly:
[Image: a-nick-adalind-relationship-being-teased...802810.jpg]
I liked the show better without babies. Kelly is cute and Nick will see part of himself and his Mother in his son. He will do everything and anything for his son.
New Guy
(02-01-2016, 01:12 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]The writers provided a reason for Nick to go on; little Kelly:

I liked the show better without babies. Kelly is cute and Nick will see part of himself and his Mother in his son. He will do everything and anything for his son.
New Guy

Sorry, but "I have a baby I have to look after" wouldn't be enough for a guy in Nick's position, who's probably undergoing an existential crisis considering the former love of his life turned into a backstabbing bitch.
yes his mother just died, but remember his mother was in name only, he had not seen her in years and had already grieved from thinking she was dead. As far as Juliette he had already written her off as an uncontrollable hexenbiest. Remember he gave the order to kill her. So what is it exactly that is suppose to be sending him over the edge. If his aunt dying, the women who raised him did not send him over the edge, why would the women he doesn't know do it.
(02-01-2016, 06:32 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016, 01:12 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]The writers provided a reason for Nick to go on; little Kelly:

New Guy

Sorry, but "I have a baby I have to look after" wouldn't be enough for a guy in Nick's position, who's probably undergoing an existential crisis considering the former love of his life turned into a backstabbing bitch.

So he should care more about that " backstabbing bitch" then his own son.
The timely arrival of Kelly balanced out the dark clouds. It might not be the 'cure for all' but it gave him a reason to go on. He obviously has a lot of unresolved issues, doesn't mean they're gone but Kelly is now his first priority. He has 2 people depending on him now and to be the guardian and protector he has to be of a sound mind. He knows this.
Nick is surrounded by good friends who care for him and give him needed attention. He has a first born son who is demanding(ask any parent of a new born) and who doesn't care about the needs of the adult caretakers but only his(Kelly) immediate wants. Nick still has a job that demands his attention, the perps and victims don't know or care about his life. The BC is out there trying to kill him, focus focus focus. When you suffer great loss, its good to have things outside yourself that you have to deal with, it distracts you from the constant pain. Maybe later he will get some PTSD.
I would not be watching it if he were. That's another show.

People go through things in life, sometimes back-to-back. It's life. If everyone turned lethargic, and became suicidal nutcases then I'm not sure we'd be on a forum talking about Grimm.

He's a grown man with responsibilities. Grieve now or later or internally. Every one does and does so differently. They still have to get up each and every day and rinse and repeat. No matter how good the bed feels. Which reminds me: BED *lol*