Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After watching the couple of episodes with the manticores. This shows how the writers and willing to incorporate the impossible. Yes a woge is also impossible. But the manticore? the biggest question is a tail and pants how could that even work? Now that we have established the implausible is possible on the show. Why not have Grimm's when they go full Grimm have access to their Ax. This would be in keeping with this implied fear that wesen seem to have of Grimms.
Keeping with the theme of wesen attributes are natural. The ax could be bone for the handle and scales for the blade. They could even go with, since it is a part of him. If thrown it will return. Thor's Hammer is a good example.

Incorporating the ax like this would help enforce the Grimm myth. The rat king show that wesen bodies can completely change their cell structure.

When the Grimm is through with the Ax He can put it back into his body. AS long as he puts it back He can draw it anytime he wants. If he losses the ax he has to wait till his body regenerates new cells.

this would be interesting especially for Truble. She reaches for her machete and is surprised when she is holding an Ax instead. Of course this line of logic would eliminate the need for the weapons cabinet.

They could still incorporate this in Nick with an explanation he is a through back to the original Grimms. They could even make the keys are what unlocks this ability. Of course there would need to be a trade off. the Ax would be his strong point, but also his weakness. Which is why the Grimm hide the keys.
(01-29-2016, 04:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]After watching the couple of episodes with the manticores. This shows how the writers and willing to incorporate the impossible. Yes a woge is also impossible. But the manticore? the biggest question is a tail and pants how could that even work? Now that we have established the implausible is possible on the show. Why not have Grimm's when they go full Grimm have access to their Ax. This would be in keeping with this implied fear that wesen seem to have of Grimms.
Keeping with the theme of wesen attributes are natural. The ax could be bone for the handle and scales for the blade. They could even go with, since it is a part of him. If thrown it will return. Thor's Hammer is a good example.

Incorporating the ax like this would help enforce the Grimm myth. The rat king show that wesen bodies can completely change their cell structure.

When the Grimm is through with the Ax He can put it back into his body. AS long as he puts it back He can draw it anytime he wants. If he losses the ax he has to wait till his body regenerates new cells.

this would be interesting especially for Truble. She reaches for her machete and is surprised when she is holding an Ax instead. Of course this line of logic would eliminate the need for the weapons cabinet.

They could still incorporate this in Nick with an explanation he is a through back to the original Grimms. They could even make the keys are what unlocks this ability. Of course there would need to be a trade off. the Ax would be his strong point, but also his weakness. Which is why the Grimm hide the keys.

My view, the show worked best when they simply established the concept of the shows, i.e. there were wesen and there were Grimm's who could see them and hunted them. There was enough material there to build a very successful series, leaving those concepts as the only fantasy elements.

Instead we are treated to bizarre stories of Kings, princes, princesses, keys, people coming back from the dead, Jack the Ripper's spirit, love potions, rat kings, double-ganger sex (and see footnote #1) knocked-up baby mommas and other assorted bullcrap.

Magic axes that hide in another dimension seem consistent with the lame development of this series. My view: they rebooted this series into the gutter.

I will say certain types of fighting axes are very effective weapons so you came up with a good choice. My ancestors were very proficient with it and developed a unique style of yielding one.

Izod

Footnotes
and maybe the biggest fantasy element of all, that some hot blond is going to tell you she doesn't want to sleep alone (and a women you already nailed and really, really enjoyed while doing it) and you are not going to go for it.
Quote:maybe the biggest fantasy element of all, that some hot blond is going to tell you she doesn't want to sleep alone (and a women you already nailed and really, really enjoyed while doing it) and you are not going to go for it.
It is on thing if you are just friends. Just because two people are in bed together does not mean they have to be having sex. But if one is being seductive and the other is responding. I don't buy they are not taking advantage of the opportunity of being in bed together. Maybe if they are young, they could be too scared to close the deal. But the show wants me to believe Adalind does not know how to close the deal. Now it could be that Adalind is just messing with his head. Then again he has one child with her, the idea of number two would make a good contraceptive.

P.S. Is was not thinking hiding the ax in another dimension. I was think it hides on a cellular level. The ax compassion changes on a cellular level and becomes a part of his body. Just like the manticore tail.