Grimm Forum

Full Version: The Hexenbiest suppression potion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has been stressed many times this season that what Adalind did, drinking the suppression potion makes it all unpredictable. This makes me think that this is definitely going to come with a side effect. I can come up with many theories but I think there's a hint that it's going to solve Adalind's fear of being a mean hexenbiest again.
I think it's going to control her woge state. Like she can be powerful without having to woge full time. It has been shown that hexenbiest can do some magic without needing to woge. Like Sean's mom's time freeze and telekinesis.
It's going to make her a more disciplined hexenbiest. She has shown self control a lot of the times unlike Juliet who was still volatile after turning.

[size=medium] It would be a waste and a bore if Adalind goes back to being a mere human again. That storyline has been done before. So no, I don't think they're going down that road again.
At some point Adalind is going to save Nick's life or one of the gang's, I can see that storyline coming from miles away. It's probably the last turn in her redemption arc. And that will be a step in Nick and the gang accepting that she is a hexenbiest.
If Adalind is so sure that the side effect are going to be unpredictable, then why was she so insistent that Juliette take it. It sounds like ADalind was more concerned about stopping Juliette until she had the baby and could get out of their. No matter what effect it would have on Juliette. Again Adalind was showing her own self interest was more important then anything.
I agree about Adalind doing it out of self preservation but not with your other reasons. I don't think Adalind was planning to skip town after Juliette had drunk the potion. She was backed in a bad corner and helping Juliette was the only way she could broker a deal out of that corner.
Also, she took the potion as well, used herself as a test subject. It was more easier for Juliette to kill her with just one swipe after that. Remember she worked hard to regain her powers back and she looked emotional after she tried moving that bottle and realized the potion had worked. It wasn't easy but it had to be done so she could get the gang's trust and protection.
(01-27-2016, 03:09 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ] I agree about Adalind doing it out of self preservation but not with your other reasons. I don't think Adalind was planning to skip town after Juliette had drunk the potion. She was backed in a bad corner and helping Juliette was the only way she could broker a deal out of that corner.
Also, she took the potion as well, used herself as a test subject. It was more easier for Juliette to kill her with just one swipe after that. Remember she worked hard to regain her powers back and she looked emotional after she tried moving that bottle and realized the potion had worked. It wasn't easy but it had to be done so she could get the gang's trust and protection.

I don't necessarily agree with the logic that just because Adalind took the potion it was safe for Juliette to do so. It could be the potion was safe for Adalind because it was made from her own mother's body parts. Same genetics in other words. It's hard to say what the potion would have done to Juliette. Juliette's refusal to take it was a wise choice.
(01-27-2016, 02:36 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ] It has been stressed many times this season that what Adalind did, drinking the suppression potion makes it all unpredictable. This makes me think that this is definitely going to come with a side effect. I can come up with many theories but I think there's a hint that it's going to solve Adalind's fear of being a mean hexenbiest again.
I think it's going to control her woge state. Like she can be powerful without having to woge full time. It has been shown that hexenbiest can do some magic without needing to woge. Like Sean's mom's time freeze and telekinesis.
It's going to make her a more disciplined hexenbiest. She has shown self control a lot of the times unlike Juliet who was still volatile after turning.

[size=medium] It would be a waste and a bore if Adalind goes back to being a mere human again. That storyline has been done before. So no, I don't think they're going down that road again.
At some point Adalind is going to save Nick's life or one of the gang's, I can see that storyline coming from miles away. It's probably the last turn in her redemption arc. And that will be a step in Nick and the gang accepting that she is a hexenbiest.

LOL, funny I was having some thoughts that were similar. Frrankly I am very unimpressed with the writing of Grimm, so what I am going to say is more akin to if I was in charge rather than speculation that the writers would actually think of it.

With that caveat:

I was thinking that Adalind really likes the new Adalind and won't want to lose the new Adalind and more importantly the friends she feels she has made. She has expressed in the past whether genuine or manipulative that she considered the scooby's her friends; I think it was sincere.

She obviously is worried about how Nick will react if she gets her biest back.

So with that being said, I see Adalind possibly approaching Monroe or Renard's mother about how he/she suppresses their true nature and attempts to do likewise. If her beist does re-emerge I bet she hides it and tries to stay the new Adalind. It would be great to show some growth of her character as she struggles to keep control of her humanity.

In fact if the new Rosalee sub-plot has to do with substance abuse it would be interesting to see the parallels between the two characters striving to suppress the demon thats is calling them.
Yes, I can totally see that happening. Adalind trying to hide that the biest is back. Scenes like running to the bathroom or acting weird as she tries not to show it.[/size]

Juliette was right not to trust Adalind, there's a lot of bad blood between them. However I dnt think it's the reason why she refused to take the potion in the grand scheme of things. She was beginning to embrace what she was
I really don't think the effects of the potion have to do with genetics. It was said a dead hexenbiest was required and it so happened to be convenient that Catherine was dead. They could've dug out those other hexenbiest from the law firm but that would be grave robbing and a lot of questions would be asked. It was easier to dig up Catherine.
It's a little like the contaminatio ritualis that needed a dead hexenbist's beating heart. Frau Pech was not related to Adalind by blood[/size]
(01-27-2016, 03:22 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2016, 03:09 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ] I agree about Adalind doing it out of self preservation but not with your other reasons. I don't think Adalind was planning to skip town after Juliette had drunk the potion. She was backed in a bad corner and helping Juliette was the only way she could broker a deal out of that corner.

I don't necessarily agree with the logic that just because Adalind took the potion it was safe for Juliette to do so. It could be the potion was safe for Adalind because it was made from her own mother's body parts. Same genetics in other words. It's hard to say what the potion would have done to Juliette. Juliette's refusal to take it was a wise choice.
The mother thing good question that it was safe for Adalind and may not have been for Juliette. The potion will change the hexen in Adalind how is the question now the writers may let the suppression work all season or they may end Adalind as a hexenbeist before the suppression wears off.
(01-27-2016, 04:02 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette was right not to trust Adalind, there's a lot of bad blood between them. However I dnt think it's the reason why she refused to take the potion in the grand scheme of things. She was beginning to embrace what she was

I don't believe embracing a hexenbiest is possible. In order to embrace something, a person also has to be able to push it away. I don't believe Juliette could have done that.

(01-27-2016, 04:02 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't think the effects of the potion have to do with genetics. It was said a dead hexenbiest was required and it so happened to be convenient that Catherine was dead. They could've dug out those other hexenbiest from the law firm but that would be grave robbing and a lot of questions would be asked. It was easier to dig up Catherine.

There are a few things about Adalind and this suppression potion that seem a little too convenient to me. She was the only one who knew how to make the potion. It was not written down anywhere so no one could question the ingredients. She was the only one who knew how it worked. She also was the only one who didn't seem real surprised that Juliette turned into a hexenbiest.

As she was the only one with this knowledge, the odds were in her favor of easily sabotaging the potion. You could be right. Using any hexenbiest's parts may have been safe.....for Adalind. I can't say the potion would have been safe for Juliette. Maybe a close relative's body parts are deadly to a hexenbiest not naturally born to it. So genetics could play a part.

(01-27-2016, 04:02 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a little like the contaminatio ritualis that needed a dead hexenbist's beating heart. Frau Pech was not related to Adalind by blood[/size]

Well, it really isn't. Frau Pech was a natural born hexenbiest and so was Adalind. Adalind lost her hexenbiest spirit and was getting another. For Juliette, getting a hexenbiest happened in a completely different manner.
Consider Adalind know Juleitte would never the potion. So it was safe to create something that would make her and her mothers powers combine. She knew that at some point she would have to defend against Juliette without Nick.
The potion was more of a plot device so I guess we will never know its effects towards Juliette. It was introduced as a way of suppressing Adalind's powers and as a way to begin her redemption arc. Her offering to help Juliette was less about the potion itself but the writers softening her character.
Pages: 1 2 3