Grimm Forum

Full Version: Question about Nick and Monroe's relationship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this question/issue has already been addressed in previous threads. I remember in one of the Christmas episodes that Rosalee made an interesting comment about Monroe's train set. She said that the train set was very valuable and that during world war II when the Nazi's were rampaging through Europe Monroe's family had to hide their valuables, including the train set, by burying them in the Black Forest. I thought it an interesting coincidence that both Monroe's ancestors and Nick's ancestors had buried treasure somewhere in the Black Forest. I think it even more interesting given that, of all the other cast members, Monroe is the only one who is accompanying Nick to the Black Forest.

So, I am wondering if that innocent comment by Rosalee was perhaps a foreshadowing/hint of a deeper relationship between Nick and Monroe. Is it possible that Monroe's family/ancestors have ties to Nick's ancestors? Is it possible that Monroe's family might have some knowledge to where the Constantinople treasure is located? Is it possible that Nick and Monroe might have ancestors in common, making them related in some way? ...or am I making too much out of nothing?

While we are playing the "what if" game, I am going to make a call right now and say that whatever the thing is that is buried in the Black Forest, it will have the power to return Juliette to a normal human state and result in Nick and Juliette living happily ever after. That is just a wild-assed guess and I may be totally wrong on that one but it is just a hunch.

Just one more point...with the ratings sinking like a stone I think it more than likely that this is the last season for Grimm, which means they will have to wrap up all (or at least most) of the loose ends this season. I expect each episode will be heavy on plot development with more focus on the big events and less emphasis on the monster of the week drama.
as Juliette and Nick together I think it was the end.
It could be on the paternal side.
nothing is known about the father . on the alleged relationship between Marie and Farley.
if that happened, you maybe his father if approved.
sometimes like father like son.
the relationship between Monroe and Nick Like a scene.
Season 3 chapter 3.Nick goes to find his belongings to the home of Monroe.
They are the living room and refer to any GRIMM had lived before with a Blutbad.They laugh.
and get serious later, Monroe looks away and Nick too.Nick mentioned until the toothbrush.
It looked like it was going to give a hug or say something more, but no one dared.
perhaps because both have lived as hermits.
(01-22-2016, 08:34 PM)gazelle Wrote: [ -> ]I am new to this forum so I apologize if this question/issue has already been addressed in previous threads. I remember in one of the Christmas episodes that Rosalee made an interesting comment about Monroe's train set. She said that the train set was very valuable and that during world war II when the Nazi's were rampaging through Europe Monroe's family had to hide their valuables, including the train set, by burying them in the Black Forest. I thought it an interesting coincidence that both Monroe's ancestors and Nick's ancestors had buried treasure somewhere in the Black Forest. I think it even more interesting given that, of all the other cast members, Monroe is the only one who is accompanying Nick to the Black Forest.

So, I am wondering if that innocent comment by Rosalee was perhaps a foreshadowing/hint of a deeper relationship between Nick and Monroe. Is it possible that Monroe's family/ancestors have ties to Nick's ancestors? Is it possible that Monroe's family might have some knowledge to where the Constantinople treasure is located? Is it possible that Nick and Monroe might have ancestors in common, making them related in some way? ...or am I making too much out of nothing?

While we are playing the "what if" game, I am going to make a call right now and say that whatever the thing is that is buried in the Black Forest, it will have the power to return Juliette to a normal human state and result in Nick and Juliette living happily ever after. That is just a wild-assed guess and I may be totally wrong on that one but it is just a hunch.

Just one more point...with the ratings sinking like a stone I think it more than likely that this is the last season for Grimm, which means they will have to wrap up all (or at least most) of the loose ends this season. I expect each episode will be heavy on plot development with more focus on the big events and less emphasis on the monster of the week drama.
Interesting thought (but you know there is alway a) but Monroe know of the map type but had nothing on the what of the item. Could look at the royals sent some of Monroe's ancestors after the item to take on the 7 Grimm's and get the item back?

Have been many guesses on what the item is I lean toward something from like 2500 BC Egypt. I also think that Nick will not use it but destroy it. Nick's role as on the side of wesen if the object destroyed wesen Nick not want it out in the open. Likely in the 13 century those 7 Grimm knights couldn't destroy it but even they didn't want it used.

Don't forget the 5 dollars when you take this to get coffee.
In the episode when under the influence of the Musae, Nick stood up both Juliette and Monroe, I think I was not the only one to think, "Nice going, Nick--you've p***ed of both your girlfriend AND your boyfriend!" Not that I think that Nick and Monroe were ever physically intimate, but emotionally it seemed to be going that way. (And I believe that more than on slash writer has explored that possibility.)
(01-23-2016, 04:57 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]In the episode when under the influence of the Musae, Nick stood up both Juliette and Monroe, I think I was not the only one to think, "Nice going, Nick--you've p***ed of both your girlfriend AND your boyfriend!" Not that I think that Nick and Monroe were ever physically intimate, but emotionally it seemed to be going that way. (And I believe that more than on slash writer has explored that possibility.)

Yes, I get that they are close friends, but my question was about whether we might discover that Nick and Monroe's ancestors were linked in some way. Nick and Monroe might be distant relatives if that were the case. I think it is a strange coincidence that Monroe's family buried the model train set somewhere in the Black Forest and Nick's Grimm ancestors buried this thing related to the keys somewhere in the Black Forest. Maybe Monroe's family is involved with the keys? Maybe one of the keys is hidden inside one of Monroe's model trains?
We don't know Monroe's last name yet.

We do know that Hitler was a Blutbad.

What if Monroe's
last name were "Schlikelgrubber"? That would explain why h would try to hide it.
(01-23-2016, 07:29 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]We don't know Monroe's last name yet.

We do know that Hitler was a Blutbad.

What if Monroe's
last name were "Schlikelgrubber"? That would explain why h would try to hide it.
Could be Monroe dropped his last name I don't even remember getting a last name when his mom and dad showed up. I alway thought that Hitler looked like a Grausen that is was the council was so involved. Just a thought.
[/quote]Could be Monroe dropped his last name I don't even remember getting a last name when his mom and dad showed up. I alway thought that Hitler looked like a Grausen that is was the council was so involved. Just a thought.
[/quote]

I agree. Hitler didn't look like a Blutbot to me. It was something else.

I am surprised no one has talked about the significance of the fact that out of all the Scoobie gang only Monroe is going with Nick to the Black Forest. I think Monroe is important to Nick in ways we don't know yet and his presence will be crucial to the success of their mission to the Black Forest.
Could be Monroe dropped his last name I don't even remember getting a last name when his mom and dad showed up. I alway thought that Hitler looked like a Grausen that is was the council was so involved. Just a thought.
[/quote]

I am surprised no one has talked about the significance of the fact that out of all the Scoobie gang only Monroe is going with Nick to the Black Forest. I think Monroe is important to Nick in ways we don't know yet and his presence will be crucial to the success of their mission to the Black Forest.
[/quote]Monroe able to speak the language that alone would be a big help. Likely he has some family ties also. These ties will be Blutbot so he can get info none of the other Scoobies can. They work well together also been doing it for 5 years.
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Adolf_Hitler This says he was a Blutbad.

"Schlickelgrubber" (I may not have the spelling quite right) was his original surname; his father changed it as a condition of accepting a legacy.

If that were also Monroe's last name, it would explain why he is reluctant to use it.
Pages: 1 2 3