Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why Kelly's not dead.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why I don't believe Kelly is actually dead. Her death was way to easy. For a Grimm that we have seen in multiple battles. This battle Kelly would have been fighting for her life. But no one else is injured and there is no real damage inside or outside the house. Also I find it hard to believe that Kelly would walk into anywhere without being prepared. Every time we saw Kelly she was constantly on guard. Never letting her guard down. The argument she trusted Juliette doesn't work. Kelly is an operative. The idea that the messages and phone call might be fake or coerced would over ride any feeling of trust.

The how. We know that Meisner has meet Kelly. We also know that Meisner told Sean Viktor made a deal to betray the King in exchange for Diana. I thought he was saying that Meisner gave Diana to the King. But that made Meisner's comment of Diana is with friends not make sense. If I look at the deal as in exchange for Meisner taking care of the king. Thus allowing Viktor to become ruler. The comment reads, Viktor would give up looking for Diana.

The Plan. If Meisner told Kelly if she helped he could eliminate the Royal threat. kelly knows the Royals would never hurt Diana and would insure she was delivered to the King, where Meisner would be waiting. Occam's razor says the simple answer to Kelly's death is more then likely the truth. What makes more sense is Kelly sent someone else to the house with Diana. The head was a human analog, like they use to practice surgery. Human analog's have the look and feel of real tissue. Kelly is such a shadowy figure, it would seem reasonable Kenneth had no real knowledge of what Kelly actually looks like. Is it conceivable that Kelly would have put someone in danger, not beyond belief.

After the massacre Kelly could have then placed the fake head in the house, to sell the idea she was dead. With Diana disappearing and everyone thinking Kelly dead, the search for them together would end.
(01-16-2016, 08:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Why I don't believe Kelly is actually dead. Her death was way to easy. For a Grimm that we have seen in multiple battles. This battle Kelly would have been fighting for her life. But no one else is injured and there is no real damage inside or outside the house. Also I find it hard to believe that Kelly would walk into anywhere without being prepared. Every time we saw Kelly she was constantly on guard. Never letting her guard down. The argument she trusted Juliette doesn't work. Kelly is an operative. The idea that the messages and phone call might be fake or coerced would over ride any feeling of trust.

The how. We know that Meisner has meet Kelly. We also know that Meisner told Sean Viktor made a deal to betray the King in exchange for Diana. I thought he was saying that Meisner gave Diana to the King. But that made Meisner's comment of Diana is with friends not make sense. If I look at the deal as in exchange for Meisner taking care of the king. Thus allowing Viktor to become ruler. The comment reads, Viktor would give up looking for Diana.

The Plan. If Meisner told Kelly if she helped he could eliminate the Royal threat. kelly knows the Royals would never hurt Diana and would insure she was delivered to the King, where Meisner would be waiting. Occam's razor says the simple answer to Kelly's death is more then likely the truth. What makes more sense is Kelly sent someone else to the house with Diana. The head was a human analog, like they use to practice surgery. Human analog's have the look and feel of real tissue. Kelly is such a shadowy figure, it would seem reasonable Kenneth had no real knowledge of what Kelly actually looks like. Is it conceivable that Kelly would have put someone in danger, not beyond belief.

After the massacre Kelly could have then placed the fake head in the house, to sell the idea she was dead. With Diana disappearing and everyone thinking Kelly dead, the search for them together would end.
You put forth a very good outline to Kelly, and does apply a way to do it. But yes a but the actress playing Kelly in now in Limitless so if you had the return of Kelly would have to be someone else, one thing you said makes the most of Occam's razor is Kelly was to good to walk into a trap like that, and why bring Diana these questions make the scene at the house off for us. So the writes have created a plot hole again. Question will they close this hole of just drop it, so far looks like a drop it plot.

We are to think that Kelly while raising Diana has lost her old edge shows up thinking to leave LBB with Juliette who she trusts and goes help Nick. Now Meisner and her could have had a plan this plan may be the only way to do both Occam's razor and the old Kelly. One thing HW didn't know was Juliette had set up Kelly they by not knowing Nick was a Grimm they the were not watch Juliette as well as they should have, and Kelly was a HW failure.

What do you think?
Quote:You put forth a very good outline to Kelly, and does apply a way to do it. But yes a but the actress playing Kelly in now in Limitless so if you had the return of Kelly would have to be someone else, one thing you said makes the most of Occam's razor is Kelly was to good to walk into a trap like that, and why bring Diana these questions make the scene at the house off for us. So the writes have created a plot hole again. Question will they close this hole of just drop it, so far looks like a drop it plot.

We are to think that Kelly while raising Diana has lost her old edge shows up thinking to leave LBB with Juliette who she trusts and goes help Nick. Now Meisner and her could have had a plan this plan may be the only way to do both Occam's razor and the old Kelly. One thing HW didn't know was Juliette had set up Kelly they by not knowing Nick was a Grimm they the were not watch Juliette as well as they should have, and Kelly was a HW failure.

I would not expect Kelly to ever show up. But not being dead would let Diana show up in later episode, telling Nick his mom said hi. His angst from Juliette dying has now been shown as false. Lets do the same for his mom. Making the End of Season 4, a bunch of planned operations not planed together but working in spite of their interfering with each other. You have three operations that we know of. The Royals, HW, and Nick and his crew. Since the final battle started with the death of Kelly and ended with Meisner killing the King, the real cause of all the problems. Why not make a fourth connection between Meisner and Kelly. Kelly saved Meisner from the Varrat. Let Meisner save Kelly from being hunted by the varrat.
(01-16-2016, 08:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Why I don't believe Kelly is actually dead. Her death was way to easy. For a Grimm that we have seen in multiple battles.

I propose an alternative hypothesis: the only known actor/actress(Mastrantonio) in this series signed on when the series had campy potential. Then she saw the hand writing on the wall, a series that had gone on for 4 seasons and not won an ward, actors and actresses with plebeian skill at best(see my link below for detailed analysis); a better gig came up that did justice to her talent and she bailed on the series never again to be seen.

Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm.
Quote:I propose an alternative hypothesis: the only known actor/actress(Mastrantonio) in this series signed on when the series had campy potential. Then she saw the hand writing on the wall, a series that had gone on for 4 seasons and not won an ward, actors and actresses with plebeian skill at best(see my link below for detailed analysis); a better gig came up that did justice to her talent and she bailed on the series never again to be seen.
The actress leaving the show can drive the need for the character departure. But that does not account for how the character departs. A character that is more in name only. Can be written out doesn't need to be killed. Unless for dramatic impact, why do it. A real death or a fake death hold the same impact at the time. To later see a change of fate adds and additional impact.
[quote='syscrash' pid='21413' dateline='1453084563']
[quote]
The actress leaving the show can drive the need for the character departure. But that does not account for how the character departs. A character that is more in name only. Can be written out doesn't need to be killed. Unless for dramatic impact, why do it. A real death or a fake death hold the same impact at the time. To later see a change of fate adds and additional impact.
[/quote]

I do not disagree with what you have written. Of course, now comes the but part of my commentary. I think you are giving far too much credit to the writers based on the actual content and continuity problems with the show. IMO, they wanted to build to the killing of Juliette and wanted to tarnish the figure of the old Juliette in the minds of the viewers so they made her complicit in the murder of Kelly and did it opaquely enough to allow themselves wiggle room in the then uncharted future of the show.