Grimm Forum

Full Version: How will Grimm end...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gang,

All good things come to an end. One day Grimm will be no more. How do you think the ending will manifest itself?

And for discussion how do you think Grimm should end in terms of plot elements? I'll post my thoughts later after giving others their chance for input.

Izod
Hi Izzy,
Your thread "How will Grimm end..." is a rather grim topic.
There has been a lot (too much) discussion about the death (end) of Juliette. The writers tell us the character Juliette died in 4.22, but many believe she died before that. Juliette the heroine and love interest of Nick died by cat scratch long ago. She just was kind of hanging around after that. As in dead weight hanging on the shows neck.
So in keeping with the drag it out philosophy of the writers, it is possible that Grimm is already dead. Nick has lost his leadership in the plot lines. He is relegated to the role of Kelly's Daddy and Adalind's guardian. His Grimm abilities have been diminished to where poor little Juliette (Evil Eve) has to protect him.
IMO, unless the writers place Nick at the top of the food chain ASAP, Grimm is over already. They may have re-booted, but the end result is NOT The Grimm Show. It looks like it will be the Eve Circus. Ladies and Gentlemen, for her next trick, Evil Eve will, by just lifting her hand, levitate this five ton elephant and drop it on the Roseway Veterinary Hospital feline ward. We will all be saved from cat scratches. Alright Eve, intrigue us with your powers.
Where is the remote? Change the channel!
New Guy
If Grimm goes to season 8, there MAY be time to resolve all the plot lines that some fans need answered. However, since this show only has 45 minutes, unlike say Game of Thrones which has 58, it may take until season 10. Of course, the writers could stop at season 5, then send out a series of books or graphic novels, both to answer all issues, and to make themselves a pile of gold.Big Grin The Sapranos spent most of its final season resolving all issues, then just turned off the light. Loved it, kind of like real life, some things never get resolved or answered.Throw rotten fruit---- now.Big Grin
I'm thinking of a more serious version of Senfield's finale, where the entire cast is put on a massive trial for their various crimes throughout the series, including Nick and Juliette/Eve.
(01-10-2016, 09:53 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking of a more serious version of Senfield's finale, where the entire cast is put on a massive trial for their various crimes throughout the series, including Nick and Juliette/Eve.

i like Hex's idea.
or like Lost.
Spoiler :
Nick discovers he died in season 1 and is in heaven.

Or how bout this:
The Rosalie and Hank inadvertedly gets mixed up with some out of control Dämonfeuers, maybe with a return performance by Areil Eberhart. The Dämonfeuers retreat to a State Park Visitors center. There they are surrounded by The FBI. Nick and Hank enter the building to help negotiate, but by accident the FBI it blows it up. At the end they FBI searches the remains but no bodies are recovered. Renard helps to console Adalind.
(01-10-2016, 07:16 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]If Grimm goes to season 8, there MAY be time to resolve all the plot lines that some fans need answered. However, since this show only has 45 minutes, unlike say Game of Thrones which has 58, it may take until season 10. Of course, the writers could stop at season 5, then send out a series of books or graphic novels, both to answer all issues, and to make themselves a pile of gold.Big Grin The Sapranos spent most of its final season resolving all issues, then just turned off the light. Loved it, kind of like real life, some things never get resolved or answered.Throw rotten fruit---- now.Big Grin

I can see them doing that. Ending the show with a lot of loose ends so they can cash in on graphic novels. Isn't that what Joss Weaton did with Buffy? Put a season 8 or 9 out on graphic novels? And didn't these Grimm writers work on Buffy?

(01-10-2016, 07:16 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]If Grimm goes to season 8, there MAY be time to resolve all the plot lines that some fans need answered. However, since this show only has 45 minutes, unlike say Game of Thrones which has 58, it may take until season 10. Of course, the writers could stop at season 5, then send out a series of books or graphic novels, both to answer all issues, and to make themselves a pile of gold.Big Grin The Sapranos spent most of its final season resolving all issues, then just turned off the light. Loved it, kind of like real life, some things never get resolved or answered.Throw rotten fruit---- now.Big Grin

I can see them doing that. Ending the show with a lot of loose ends so they can cash in on graphic novels. Isn't that what Joss Weaton did with Buffy? Put a season 8 or 9 out on graphic novels? And didn't these Grimm writers work on Buffy?
What they are going into is an on going battle being fought for centuries. We won't have a villain for use to defeat like the Royals. That is why they made a point that BC is world wide. I don't even think they will imply that Portland I the center of the battle. So they show will end the same as it continues. Winning a battle does nothing to stop the war. It will end with winning a big battle then one that is suppose to stop it all. Only to be let in that this was only a drop in the bucket.
Hi Irukandji,
Your idea that the seven keys are to various levels of hell is quite intereting. I found that Dante wrote about the nine circles of hell in The Divine Comedy. This web page describes the circles:
http://www.gotquestions.org/levels-hell.html
There seems to be a variety of opinion regarding Biblical descriptions of Hell. The timelesstruths.org web page, presents:
Quote:Though Satan has no love for you, his greatest desire is have you join him in the “everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”
Then from the Bible, Revelation 20:10:
Quote:Though Satan has no love for you, his greatest desire is have you join him in the “everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels,”
It seems that Hell is an "everlasting" sentence. It, like death is permanent.
If Nick has rejected salvation, dies and goes to Hell. Satan will have Nick's soul for eternity. He certainly will not provide an opportunity (quest) for Nick to go back and change things. Satan works to make righteous people become sinners, not the reverse.
Grimm does present viewers with plots where the characters must make moral, ethical and legal choices. It would be interesting to have a scene where one of the characters dies (as in DEAD) and his soul falls into the everlasting fire. Maybe a Raiders of the Lost Arc type of scene.
New Guy
Hi Irukandji,
Thanks for your comments. I'll try to not be theological, I am not a Bible scholar, but I recall reading about Deborah. She was a judge, a prophetess, and leader of Israel. I found this:
Quote:The prose and poem of Judges 4 and 5 are associated with the same historic event, and reveal that Deborah could not only prophecy, arouse, rule and fight, but also write.
at https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/a...borah-No-2
However, likely most of the Bible was written by men.
Christians believe in the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus. Saul met the resurrected Lord, and became Paul. Who is attributed many of the New Testament books. Paul is dead, but his writings are still read and studied.
New Guy
Hi New Guy...

HI irukandji...

I would like to ask you to keep back to subject of this thread and let the theology for the appropriate arena.
Pages: 1 2