Grimm Forum

Full Version: Should Juliette have taken the potion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And yet another thread about our favorite person to like/dislike/hate, whichever the preference.

Should Juliette have taken the potion and gone through the ritual to bring back Nick's Grimm powers?
In hind sight that would depend on is being a hexenbiest a gift or curse. Me I would do it in a minute. To have the powers she has. In exchange for being an ahole. Well I act like a ahole now after a night out. To be able to toss someone in a bar that got up in my grill. That combined with having compulsion capabilities. All it would take is a little push at just the right time and you could be set for life. The victim may regret it the next day. But they would not even know what happen. They would think they just lost it.

That is why I am a fan of Eve. Someone who embrace her gift and uses it. Like having 1200 horses under the hood and no fear of opening it up.
The reason Juliette took the potion was to save Monroe and Rosalee, her friends. They all knew there was an element of icky involved, but she was willing to do it so Nick would be able to protect them. IF they had know about the side effect, I am not sure anyone would have wanted her to take it. At the very least, they would have been better prepared for the change.
If you believe theirs was a true love, yes, she should have taken the potion. They were undecided as a couple up to the moment she told Nick he should become a Grimm again. That required a real sacrifice on Juliette's part, but when she saw what was happening to Monroe and Rosalee, she didn't hesitate. People who sacrifice know instinctively, imo, that there is no going back and there is no looking into the future, just acceptance of the consequences.
irukandji I'm not trying to change your thread but to add an idea the thread gave me. I see this thread as a key to events of season 4 that I hadn't before. We have to go back to Bud when he show up at the house to ask for Trubel's help and lies about the problem and why he needs a Grimm. After Nick leaves he tells Trubel the real reason and Juliette overhears this is the first time she starts to see that not being a Grimm has risks for Nick.

Now let's add what looks like nothing but later becomes something Juliette when learns about wesen I don't think she understands the Grimm wesen world yes she knows it but doesn't live it. Now the writers give Hank and Wu a different point they do. They understand this world that they know Nick lives in. We get a small hint when they are talking about Wu when he in the hospital she says paraphrasing she didn't know Nick and trust him she not sure she want to know.

Now we have the problem with Monroe and Rosalee because she thinks she understand this world she agrees (we do have to remember they are all acting on the writer's words) and in doing this now is part of the wesen world without the benefit of a lifetime of living it.

Now take her friend nothing would do Juliette that her friend who didn't want it known, but she force her to show she was wesen. Why was that so important to Juliette why didn't she let her long time friend have her life her way? Some will not like this next part so sorry before hand. Juliette for her own reasons wanted to show how great and understanding she was not for the friend but for herself. This can also apply to the Monroe and Rosalee theme. Again to the Juliette fans sorry, I'm not anti Juliette this is just a left field idea on how we get the hexen Juliette.

Now we can agree of disagree on how Nick handled it when she shows him she is a hexen in a way that isn't important to this thread. She goes to Renard she opens the book and reads but walks into the bedroom throws the book down and paraphrasing there is nothing in this for you or I, I want out of this wesen world and get my old life back, and if I don't people are going to pay. It's not fun anymore to know about the Grimm wesen world now it is real. I also think this is the time she not Nick breaks their relationship, this anger kills the last of her love for Nick, because he get her into this world she wants no part of.

Last point reminds me have you ever wanted something maybe even save you money for than when you got it, it wasn't what you hope and wish you had your money back. Juliette someone posted wasn't really ever a scooby I kind of agree but she wanted to be, that is part of the reason she did take the potion.

Now we can't undo the writing but the thread does give us a debate on Juliette that we wouldn't have without the idea. As we know no she should have taken the potion on the one hand but she did because she didn't understand the real wesen world or the Grimm world.

Make sure you take this and 5 dollars to get your morning coffee.
(01-09-2016, 08:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]irukandji I'm not trying to change your thread but to add an idea the thread gave me. I see this thread as a key to events of season 4 that I hadn't before. We have to go back to Bud when he show up at the house to ask for Trubel's help and lies about the problem and why he needs a Grimm. After Nick leaves he tells Trubel the real reason and Juliette overhears this is the first time she starts to see that not being a Grimm has risks for Nick.

Now let's add what looks like nothing but later becomes something Juliette when learns about wesen I don't think she understands the Grimm wesen world yes she knows it but doesn't live it. Now the writers give Hank and Wu a different point they do. They understand this world that they know Nick lives in. We get a small hint when they are talking about Wu when he in the hospital she says paraphrasing she didn't know Nick and trust him she not sure she want to know.

Now we have the problem with Monroe and Rosalee because she thinks she understand this world she agrees (we do have to remember they are all acting on the writer's words) and in doing this now is part of the wesen world without the benefit of a lifetime of living it.

Now take her friend nothing would do Juliette that her friend who didn't want it known, but she force her to show she was wesen. Why was that so important to Juliette why didn't she let her long time friend have her life her way? Some will not like this next part so sorry before hand. Juliette for her own reasons wanted to show how great and understanding she was not for the friend but for herself. This can also apply to the Monroe and Rosalee theme. Again to the Juliette fans sorry, I'm not anti Juliette this is just a left field idea on how we get the hexen Juliette.

Now we can agree of disagree on how Nick handled it when she shows him she is a hexen in a way that isn't important to this thread. She goes to Renard she opens the book and reads but walks into the bedroom throws the book down and paraphrasing there is nothing in this for you or I, I want out of this wesen world and get my old life back, and if I don't people are going to pay. It's not fun anymore to know about the Grimm wesen world now it is real. I also think this is the time she not Nick breaks their relationship, this anger kills the last of her love for Nick, because he get her into this world she wants no part of.

Last point reminds me have you ever wanted something maybe even save you money for than when you got it, it wasn't what you hope and wish you had your money back. Juliette someone posted wasn't really ever a scooby I kind of agree but she wanted to be, that is part of the reason she did take the potion.

Now we can't undo the writing but the thread does give us a debate on Juliette that we wouldn't have without the idea. As we know no she should have taken the potion on the one hand but she did because she didn't understand the real wesen world or the Grimm world.

Make sure you take this and 5 dollars to get your morning coffee.

Great post. I think you should copy it to the Eve by force or by choose thread.

The part about her friend is very interesting. Juliette didn't respect her friend decision of not saying about being a wesen. Juliette invaded her friend privacy. It is a interesting point for debate.
Your argument is an interesting one, js. Very well written. But if I recall the story arc, no one told Juliette or Nick that Juliette would become a hexenbiest.

Aside from that, you bring up some very compelling reasons why Juliette should have never taken the potion. She didn't understand or trust Nick. This is true. She didn't understand the wesen Grimm world. Also true.

These were excellent points you made. Well done.
I have a question about the potion.

If the effects of the potion over Adelaind is going to end and I have read some where that no one knows what effects the potion will have over her powers, I think I can assume the same thing for Juliette if she had toke the potion. I mean: the effects of the potion over Juliette would end and who knows what effects the potion would have over Juliette and over her powers.

So, what was the purpose of give the potion to Juliette?
Was it to create a time bomb?
(01-09-2016, 01:46 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the potion.

If the effects of the potion over Adelaind is going to end and I have read some where that no one knows what effects the potion will have over her powers, I think I can assume the same thing for Juliette if she had toke the potion. I mean: the effects of the potion over Juliette would end and who knows what effects the potion would have over Juliette and over her powers.

The potion I was talking about was the one to give Nick back his powers. That was different than the suppression potion Adalind took. I suspect something different has been done to Juliette. She has her powers but little to no humanity (I am guess here). I am also thinking that this is a permanent change and not a temporary one like Adalind's.
(01-09-2016, 02:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2016, 01:46 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the potion.

The potion I was talking about was the one to give Nick back his powers. That was different than the suppression potion Adalind took. I suspect something different has been done to Juliette. She has her powers but little to no humanity (I am guess here). I am also thinking that this is a permanent change and not a temporary one like Adalind's.

I am sorry. I remembered we have debated about the suppress potion and I thought this thread was about it. I should have payed more attention.

It is that I thought very interesting the writers put the suppress potion in the story to after say it is a time bomb.

Please forgive for this mistake.
Pages: 1 2