Grimm Forum

Full Version: Season 2015 - 2016 Rewatch "Cry Havoc"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK Grimmsters, go for it!!Big Grin
Close out the season 4 with a bang. One of the best episode Grimm had. This was a totally Grimm episode with both Nick and Trubel. We also got to see Adalind in a different light she help the Scooby's granted it was for Diana but even that show she cared about LBB.

This episode also cleaned up the royals for a time at least. We also seen Meisner again which leads into season 5 role for him. LBB also we see knows people from her pasted. This point may be the big one for later.

What we missed is how Kelly walk into the trap so easy, granted she had left the show but still had to be a reason for her just walking in. Hope we find out why we also they drop the coins where are they? I still think Nick will get a package with some intel from Kelly, no this isn't in this episode but if HW was in contact with her that also will be in the package.

We seen the shop really become the HQ after the fire at the trailer. So that worked out ok but still miss the trailer. The shop is at hand and with Rosalee books adds to their knowledge base.

We see Bud as a major player I hope he not one of the players from season 1 we lost this year.

We seen Sean regret killing those women the Sean of 1 thur 3 wouldn't have.

One thing I don't see is the setup for 5 coming out of 4-22.

To end on so good of an episode and start season 5 so off we must be missing something.
Pardon my language, but f*** this episode. I was left in a state of chronic depression for three straight weeks after watching it. The writers took GRIMM to a dark, miserable place simply because it's a trendy thing to do in television right now, with no regard of everything that had occurred to the characters prior to season four. If the show gets cancelled this year, the events leading up to "Cry Havoc" should take the blame.
As some have posted in other threads I think works here. Nick takes charge that night all looked to him for the plan.

It was his plan that got Kenneth, it was his leadership that they all looked to. So this episode set that in action. He even help Sean with Monroe/Adalind/Rosalee to get rid of Jack.

Still thinking.
Very good episode. Full of drama and yet some lighter moments broke the tension here and there. The scene with Monroe and Rosalee relaxing on their couch with wine and looking done in, and she says something like "If I have to cut up one more body to make a potion" and he says something like "Or cure the Captain one more time." Pretty cute stuff. And it was classic Wu when he shakily tried wielding that weird three-pronged knife weapon while a crazed Hunjager was coming at him and then threw it aside in exasperation and just blasted the monster with his shotgun, pure comic relief.

But it was a deeply dark episode in spite of that. Nick displayed a steely resolve to mete out justice on Kenneth in his mother's name; that was impressive. I've said it before, but that is the first human he has killed during the entire show to my knowledge. It was appropriate. (The man in the bar who got killed was while Nick was under the Baron's curse, so I don't count it.)

The child was chilling, the King repulsive, Kenneth was digustingly deserving of his ending, Hank was badass, no other way to say it, he's the best, - and Trubel was so fetchingly youthful in her responses to things and yet so formidable in her actions. This was a hard episode to take, but very well done, imo.

It seemed to set up what was coming in the beginning of Season 5, if the viewer is open to possibilities. That line will rile up some posters, eek. Smile Shoot, if we all thought alike what would we harp about, and where's the fun in that.

I can't come up with different ways to direct the scripts written by the Grimm staff, complete lack the imagination for story telling. But this current season has all the ingredients for being an outstanding one; it all lays in the decisions of the creators of the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I'm sure someone spotted the Easter egg; the King's compound's address started with 422.

The episode's opening quote was taken from a line from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war" and could have been meant as a harbinger of the BC uprising in Season 5.
I realized I hadn't commented on this episode. Sorry about that. I started this thread after all. Confused

One of the subjects I've seem come up several times here on the Forum is the question of who Truble was talking to when she was riding in Bud's truck?

While rewatching the episode on DVD I turned on the subtitles, I have some hearing loss, and the subtitles said the voice was Adalind's! Huh

Now, this could be a post production mistake. But if it was supposed to be Adalind, why did Truble pretend it was Nick? What was the big secret she was keeping from Bud? Dodgy
(01-13-2016, 11:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]I realized I hadn't commented on this episode. Sorry about that. I started this thread after all. Confused

One of the subjects I've seem come up several times here on the Forum is the question of who Truble was talking to when she was riding in Bud's truck?

While rewatching the episode on DVD I turned on the subtitles, I have some hearing loss, and the subtitles said the voice was Adalind's! Huh

Now, this could be a post production mistake. But if it was supposed to be Adalind, why did Truble pretend it was Nick? What was the big secret she was keeping from Bud? Dodgy

If you are talked about the scene I think you are.... I am 90% sure the voice in the phone were Chavez.
(01-13-2016, 11:45 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2016, 11:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]I realized I hadn't commented on this episode. Sorry about that. I started this thread after all. Confused

If you are talked about the scene I think you are.... I am 90% sure the voice in the phone were Chavez.
Can't say who but someone on the forum spoke of a voice over by Ms Coffee I think they said for Chavez who wasn't able to do it. Sorry I can't give them the credit for their work on that. I do wear hearing aids and good or bad let just men be the judge of good or bad, my hearing loss is in the women's voice range, sorry men only works for me.

@Adriano. Don't want to keep disputing this but I double checked and the subtitles clearly state the voice is Adalind's. As I said, this may be a mistake in the subtitles, but that is definetely what it says. Dodgy
(01-14-2016, 08:44 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]

@Adriano. Don't want to keep disputing this but I double checked and the subtitles clearly state the voice is Adalind's. As I said, this may be a mistake in the subtitles, but that is definetely what it says. Dodgy

@wfmyers1207,

I will double double double my bet... to 8 cents that Trubel was talking to Chavez...

Big Grin

Just a joke... I don't bet 8 cents in my memory... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2