Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Season 5 Episode 6
Wesen Nacht

[Image: wesennachta8qfc.jpg]

Air Date: December 11, 2015

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) investigate a wave of coordinated Wesen gang vandalism that results in the death of a local business owner and the kidnapping of Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee's (Bree Turner) friend. As they dig deeper, they learn that Portland wasn't the only city hit with a wave of violence. Meanwhile, Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) fills Nick and Adalind (Claire Coffee) on what she has been up to. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) dips his toes into politics as he endorses a local candidate. Reggie Lee also stars.
Ugh! Just when we thought we were finally rid of her...I want to believe she'll be better now, I really do...but I just cant see how the writers wont try to do more relationship drama with Nick, and then the whole thing just goes right back to hell. Even if she's just a "clone" or something, or has amnesia and doesn't remember Nick...I just don't think Bitsie does a good job with the part, or they don't know how to write to her strengths as an actress, or she just doesn't have any chemistry with the rest of the cast, or something.

The episode itself was OK. Nick and Adalind are still creepy, thank you Trubel for pointing it out, but Adalind didn't exactly do herself any favors making it seem any less creepy with her protest-too-much. The whole Wesen revolution thing is easy enough to understand, but I don't quite grasp how the Royals and Resistance/Meisner fit into all of it, I wish they had set that up a little more going into the break. Conversely, the mayoral thing seems to be completely unrelated to the story so far, why couldn't they have waited until March to introduce that storyline, once they were going to do something with it?

The blobfish Wesen was kinda original...but that's not even how blobfish look when alive, they only look like that when they're brought up from the seafloor and depressurized...its the equivalent of having a possum Wesen that looks like roadkill Smile

Another bit of iffy research...Hadrian's Wall wasn't actually built to defend the Roman frontier against barbarians, which seems to be the allusion they're going for with that title...it was actually built more as a symbolic representation of the limits of Roman influence, and to facilitate customs and taxation of trade going through the border.

Question that kinda went under the radar: What happened in Lisbon? Adalind seemed to recognize that as a specific thing that happened, but we didn't see that on the show, did we?
Hi Forum,
I agree with Droid327, Ugh!
1. If a character dies then bury them and move on.
2. The Grimm brothers wrote stories with a moral. The Juliette moral teaches that if you become powerful then turn against your friends. Use your power to do as much evil as possible. Then you will be rewarded with even more power.
3. The telekinetic power is far fetched even for Grimm. If Kelly couldn't overcome Kenneth and his thugs there is no way Hexenette could have overcome the Red Claw thugs. The writers have failed the believability standard even in Fantasyland.
4. The episode was good up to the point they brought back Juliette. Then it was UGH!
New Guy
Eve or Hexenette you called her used the same trick she did in wesenrein. The difference in wesenrein it was only one guy that got the back of their head blown off. This time she took out the entire room at one time. That was why all the bodies with blood coming from the back of their heads. You then add that she has enough telekinetic strength to lift that guy that far in the air and then drop him. She did the same to Adalind, luckily for Adalind there was a ceiling. All of this to establish that Eve's powers are even stronger then we saw in hexenette.

The off set is Eve is not going to follow directions. Her erratic behavior will put the others in danger. There are going to be times when Eve goes over board causing way more collateral damage then needed.
I thought the episode had one real good thing pace and action. Not really surprised the brought Juliette back many had it right on the forum a few even posted on a super hexen. Question now what kind of Juliette/Eve do we have?
Good episode. Very good episode. The comic relief, which was sorely needed, was when everyone shrank back from the look of that awful wesen, (what a specious thing to do, set up Monroe, his friend.) But it was comical how Nick couldn't stomach looking at his woge, and Rosalee and Monroe rushed to keep him from woging, with comforting words like 'No, you don't have to do that', etc. Big Grin A face not even a mother could love. However, I think this is connected to something bigger, since Rosalee knew Dallas Cruz and she got that letter from an associate from her past.

This is big, global. And with the sort of organization that takes years of planning and now their are ready to launch their campaign. I'm trying to put what we know of the group together to try to figure out what's going on. We know that they've been gathering for a long time, and that they are wesen, we know they are frightening and punishing other wesen, and that they have people in high places. Places like the Portland FBI, the hospital, and among the general working public, like Wemlinger, and the juvenile care system - it takes time to infiltrate a city that deeply, just what Nick's mom talked the plan the Royals had been executing for years. I think this can be traced back to them. We have an election coming up for mayor; I think he's in with this group to stir up fear so that citizens will give up their rights for the protection offered by a police state, or an autocratic rule. Night of the blackshirts.

There is something that Trubel knows about Meisner that alarmed her when Adalind said he had helped deliver Diana.

Juliette returns! Never thought it would happen, it took me totally by surprise. I'll take it no matter what. Hope blondes don't have more fun in her case, tho. But she saved Nick and that counts in my book. The previews confirm she's working with the good guys for now. Billie Trump and Dallas Cruz, names, names. And where did the name Eve come from. It suits this new Juliette; first form of something. She says something very telling in the preview, couldn't quite hear it. But we're still going to have to wait a few episodes before Monroe and Nick head for the Black Forest.

Boy, the Captain must be thinking he's losing his touch, he's so out of the loop. But at least he's been filled in just in time to almost get killed in that set-up attack.
Do we wonder if the so called drug problem with Rosalee (she is connected to Wesen Council) is to get her on the inside and because she doesn't tell Monroe she going undercover is the problem?
Nick now has its responsibilities.
for running behind Juliette
but the obstacle should be everything she - murders - did if she does not remember it, so best butshould not forget it.
Don't know if previews count as spoilers, so that's why I'm putting this post this way.

Spoiler :
This is getting thick. Whatever the future holds for Eve, the title of the next episode forewarns of catastrophe; hope it's directed at the other side. Juliette is working on the good guys side for now and looks to be completely filled in on what's happening everywhere. Think she said the three places Meisner named - thought the last was Ukraine - were overtaken by wesen. And we now know from the preview that the aim of this uprising is the total destruction of humans, dum-de-dum-dum.
(12-12-2015, 06:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]But it was comical how Nick couldn't stomach looking at his woge,

I don't think it was intended to be comical. If you look back to season four, you'll see Nick had the exact same reaction to Juliette whenever she woged. Although Monroe and Rosalee responded in the same way (and they're both Wesen!), in Nick's case it's a problem that might resurface later, especially if he and Juliette try to reconnect. Maybe Nick's big character arc for this season is him getting past that entrenched, instinctual tic once and for all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7