Grimm Forum

Full Version: Would Nick want his son to be a Grimm?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I remember Adalind talking about it, but I don't recall Nick speculating about what little Kelly might grow up into. Would Nick want his son to be a Grimm? I can't imagine him hoping for a Zauerbiest, but if his son showed signs, how would Nick react? Would he be content with a human baby who was neither Grimm or Zauerbiest?
(12-09-2015, 09:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Adalind talking about it, but I don't recall Nick speculating about what little Kelly might grow up into. Would Nick want his son to be a Grimm? I can't imagine him hoping for a Zauerbiest, but if his son showed signs, how would Nick react? Would he be content with a human baby who was neither Grimm or Zauerbiest?

I think that Nick will support whatever his son will become neither a Grimm, Zauberbiest or as a Hybrid of both.
If Nick is smart, he will hope Kelly turns out healthy, makes good decisions, and is happy with his choices. Uncles Monroe or Bud, Aunt Rosalee could help the child to understand what his dad is up against. Since there is no way to tell if he will be one thing or another, its best for Nick not to ahead of the curve. You never know if your child will be president or a serial killer or just a "normal" dude. Big Grin
Could we look at this in another way. Adalind took the suppression potion while PG the baby would also be affected (I think) so this may have stopped the Zauberbiest or the both.

Another question because Nick is a Grimm could a Grimm even have a mixed baby? If anything I would think one would cancel the other. Just 2 cents
(12-10-2015, 08:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Could we look at this in another way. Adalind took the suppression potion while PG the baby would also be affected (I think) so this may have stopped the Zauberbiest or the both.

Another question because Nick is a Grimm could a Grimm even have a mixed baby? If anything I would think one would cancel the other. Just 2 cents

That's the technical part of the discussion, js. If you want to look at it that way, that's fine. What I was thinking though, was more of an emotional view. Much as I don't care for the character, I will admit he has been through a lot of emotional turmoil. That's because he made the conscious choice to be a Grimm. Would he want his son to experience that same turmoil or would he hope that little Kelly would just be normal? Or would he look at a baby of mixed hexen-grimm origin to be a blessing, if such a combination is possible?
(12-10-2015, 08:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2015, 08:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Could we look at this in another way. Adalind took the suppression potion while PG the baby would also be affected (I think) so this may have stopped the Zauberbiest or the both.

That's the technical part of the discussion, js. If you want to look at it that way, that's fine. What I was thinking though, was more of an emotional view. Much as I don't care for the character, I will admit he has been through a lot of emotional turmoil. That's because he made the conscious choice to be a Grimm. Would he want his son to experience that same turmoil or would he hope that little Kelly would just be normal? Or would he look at a baby of mixed hexen-grimm origin to be a blessing, if such a combination is possible?
Looking at it from that point I would want my son to be a Grimm. Why because Nick's a Grimm but has been a new type (IMO) and would want to help his son to be also. Next point because Nick is a Grimm the danger (look a Josh) is still there I want him to be prepared even if he were to turn out not to be a Grimm. So I would treat him as if he was going to be a Grimm. You know I think we are going to find that out this season, I still see Kelly will have equal power to LBB just waiting for it to show.
(12-10-2015, 09:03 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at it from that point I would want my son to be a Grimm. Why because Nick's a Grimm but has been a new type (IMO) and would want to help his son to be also. Next point because Nick is a Grimm the danger (look a Josh) is still there I want him to be prepared even if he were to turn out not to be a Grimm. So I would treat him as if he was going to be a Grimm. You know I think we are going to find that out this season, I still see Kelly will have equal power to LBB just waiting for it to show.

Here is a perspective you might want to consider. As a Grimm you are always looking over your shoulder, jumping at every shadow, you are both hunter and the hunted.

I can't see anyone wanting that for their offspring.
(12-10-2015, 10:07 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2015, 09:03 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at it from that point I would want my son to be a Grimm. Why because Nick's a Grimm but has been a new type (IMO) and would want to help his son to be also. Next point because Nick is a Grimm the danger (look a Josh) is still there I want him to be prepared even if he were to turn out not to be a Grimm. So I would treat him as if he was going to be a Grimm. You know I think we are going to find that out this season, I still see Kelly will have equal power to LBB just waiting for it to show.

Here is a perspective you might want to consider. As a Grimm you are always looking over your shoulder, jumping at every shadow, you are both hunter and the hunted.

I can't see anyone wanting that for their offspring.
True,, but wanting isn't as good being prepared. Can't just hope for a good outcome. I want him to be all kid but I prepare him for the other. We don't know how Josh Dad did it but because he didn't really prepare Josh look how that worked.
I'm with jsgrimm on this one. As someone who has worn the uniform and knows something about the big bad world, I would want my son to be able to handle it. I would not want this for it's own sake, but rather because I would not want him to be helpless or disadvantaged when push comes to shove. As it inevitably will.Sad

Also, Nick has made a lot of enemies. They will come after him and his family sooner or later. Best that your son has a good shot at winning. Smile
(12-10-2015, 10:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ][
True,, but wanting isn't as good being prepared. Can't just hope for a good outcome. I want him to be all kid but I prepare him for the other. We don't know how Josh Dad did it but because he didn't really prepare Josh look how that worked.

I think we are mis-communicating. The thread topic is:

Would Nick want his son to be a Grimm?

I am saying no, I don't think any parent would wish that on their child and you are saying yes, but the big difference I think is you are assuming Nick's kid becomes a Grimm by default.

Honestly I am confused by this(in the series not so much by your comments), are all children of Grimms eventually going to be Grimms? Also, neither Aunt Maire nor Kelly seemed to think Nick needed any special training or anything as a child to prepare him for being a Grimm (i.e. insure his survival). So it seems once someone becomes a Grimm they just have superpowers and skills hey do not need to hone much. If they did, the way Nick was raised would be irresponsible.

So if they need special skills, acquired through years of training I am with you, but it does not appear that way at all.

And I openly wonder if the child of a Grimm may or may not be a Grimm. It seems it may be a crapshoot or that the powers of a Grimm require little training or as I stated both Aunt Marie and mommy Kelly would have been darn irresponsible.
Pages: 1 2 3