Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E05 - The Rat King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Season 5 Episode 5
The Rat King

[Image: WmbNHiIl.jpg]

Air Date: December 4, 2015

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are called to the scene when three Wesen go out on a hunt at a local dump and get more than they bargained for when two turn up dead after they encounter the mythical Rat King. Meanwhile, a very badly wounded Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) is taken to the hospital and Nick finally meets Meisner (guest star Damien Puckler). Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, Bree Turner and Claire Coffee also star.
Watched new "Rat" episode tonite. What do they mean next week is season finale? Season 5 just started month ago !!
(12-04-2015, 09:17 PM)bulzonecarol Wrote: [ -> ]Watched new "Rat" episode tonite. What do they mean next week is season finale? Season 5 just started month ago !!
its the winter finale. then they go on break. not sure when they come back.

So, what did we learn?

Where is Juliette's body?
nope
Where is Kelly's head?
nope
where is trouble?
She is in the hideout. Yea!
where is Dianna?
still don't know. Meisner must know.
What is happening with the Liberate the Hidden group, or what ever they are called?
They are everywhere!
Meisner?
He appears to be a good guy
Renard?
May be on the side of the new mayor
Sheesh.
maybe one answer - well that's better than none.

I almost hate to bring this up. but how the heck are Hank and Nick going to writer a report on this case!?
I think we'll be getting a lot of answers next week!
I so hope we'll get some answers next week ! They're really going to leave us hanging ? Until When ??
It was a pretty good episode, I guess. It was resourceful of the rats to pool their cells together into one big rodent, kinda like modeling clay. Probably not as easy as it looks, though. For starters they would need a place where they could pick up their hats and shoes when they come back. And there's the problem of a multiple personality conflict - "Hey, over there, I see something." "You see something, you're blind as a bat without your glasses.", like that.

But it did appear that Nick and Meisner will get along, I was wondering about that. Meisner lost track of Trubel, so something may have gotten in the way of his plan for her. False identity, new digs, passports, lots of cash, anti-tank proof motorcycle, what is going on? Plus those dang bad wesen are everywhere, Nurse Diesel and all. I'm more convinced than ever that the Royals are involved with the uprising, especially since it is going to be a global thing. But you never know.

It appears that Renard's political opportunity involves a rise in law enforcement and not a move to another municipal post. But there's something that's not kosher about the mayoral candidate and his campaign manager, so I'm hoping the Captain will not endorse him.
We didn't learn a damn thing except that the wessen uprising is Global if you watched for the promo for the mid season finale. This episode was a really nothing episode, Just your typical monster of the week.

However, I did learn some things. My speculation was right. Renard is going for a higher office. The guy going for Mayor is promising Renard Chief of Police. But, I feel Renard is going to go for Mayor himself.

I went back to my "On Demand" to watch episode 1 again. I saw the scene where Nick finds Chavez's home address. He writes down the address and heads for the door. They get a close up to his ear and he hears Juliette calling out his name. He runs up to the bedroom calling out her name and discovers she's not there. We're lead to believe that Nick had a little mental break down. But, if they had a close up to his ear, then we should have guessed that Nick had something PHYSICAL happening to him. Juliette was calling out to Nick from a distance. Therefore, Juliette IS alive somewhere and was calling out to Nick.

So, when Juliette does come back, she'll discover when she was injured, scared and alone, Nick was playing house with Adalind. She's going to go ballistic and she will hook up with Renard. He'll be the Mayor and out of the Police Department. Say hello to Portland's new Power couple and Grimm's new villains.

Also, this is speculation, but when you see the opening credits for Grimm, any character that is Wesen changes into Wesen. Renard, Rosalee and Monroe. The only one that you DON'T see turning wesen is Adalind. This leads me to believe that Adalind is going to turn human.
Very interesting observation Crossbar. But I don't think Juliette is ever coming back.

(12-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2015, 09:17 PM)bulzonecarol Wrote: [ -> ]Watched new "Rat" episode tonite. What do they mean next week is season finale? Season 5 just started month ago !!
its the winter finale. then they go on break. not sure when they come back.

So, what did we learn?

Where is Juliette's body?
nope
Where is Kelly's head?
nope
where is trouble?
She is in the hideout. Yea!
where is Dianna?
still don't know. Meisner must know.
What is happening with the Liberate the Hidden group, or what ever they are called?
They are everywhere!
Meisner?
He appears to be a good guy
Renard?
May be on the side of the new mayor
Sheesh.
maybe one answer - well that's better than none.

I almost hate to bring this up. but how the heck are Hank and Nick going to writer a report on this case!?

I hear after Christmas break, we'll have to wait until January 7th !! Bummer !!!
30 grand for a bike and it doesn't even include built in rocket launchers?
Myself episode was a let down, very slow paced. I can see Nick taking Turbel to the hospital as he doesn't know what going on, and maybe even leaving her alone. The rat king should have been the fill in and Trubel the episode IMO.

What I did see Nick trusted Adalind's word on Meisner one, looked like a spark between Adalind/Meisner two, Adalind looked upside when Nick took Trubel hand three. Question on the three is how do they work any idea? Trouble is with the pace of the season this will not be answered until season 8.Tongue We know how Meisner found Trubel but how did Trubel find Nick? Was it a lie when he told Adalind he found Trubel's bike using the bikes gps so NIck wouldn't know Chavez phone was the real reason? The first call he did ask it Trubel make it there.

There is something off about the guy running for mayor but is Renard falling for it? If (this season) a big if we find out what is off about him will Renard catch on before hand. I'm thinking the guy is the Portland head of the uprising or at least it face. First he will have Renard go after it (the crime part) then if elected he will put he knows Renard is wesen and try to blackmail him to take the wrong track on breaking the uprising up. Of course the is just my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7