Grimm Forum

Full Version: Could another woman come between Adalind and Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks to izzy for giving me the idea for this thread.

I was thinking about Juliette and the number of posts that suggest she needs to seek redemption from Nick. It's no secret, I don't particularly care for that idea because they all need to seek redemption. There isn't any one of them who's better than the rest, with the exception of Bud. Unfortunately, he's pawned off more as comedic than a serious (and good) character for the series.

That aside, Juliette wouldn't need to seek forgiveness from Nick. All she has to do is corner him and use the powers Henrietta said she has. In short, just lip lock with him.

But what about another woman? I don't mean a hexenbiest with powers to overcome resistance, just a regular woman.

Could a woman come between Nick and Adalind at this stage, or for that matter any stage in their relationship?
Gives us something to think about, but I would say no a women wouldn't work. At least this season they would have to work a whole new character in a Nick and her meeting things like that. Also this woman would have to be in the know on wesen (we saw what happen with Juliette out of the know), be ok with Nick having a child with Adalind and also ok with Adalind having a second child with yet unknown powers. This would be one of the most understanding women of all time. Just my 2 cents If you could post a way around these points I could change my mind.
(11-25-2015, 10:04 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Gives us something to think about, but I would say no a women wouldn't work. At least this season they would have to work a whole new character in a Nick and her meeting things like that. Also this woman would have to be in the know on wesen (we saw what happen with Juliette out of the know), be ok with Nick having a child with Adalind and also ok with Adalind having a second child with yet unknown powers. This would be one of the most understanding women of all time. Just my 2 cents If you could post a way around these points I could change my mind.

This of course is all hypothetical.

Izzy brought up earlier that he could see Adalind and Nick having a platonic relationship with both of them devoting their time to the baby as two parents on premises. However, izzy also said he could see Nick taking a break from time to time to see another woman for some extracurricular loving (I am paraphrasing here).

I asked izzy if the woman he was thinking of would be a hooker. Izzy hasn't responded yet, but my guess would be no. Nick's a cop so soliciting a hooker probably wouldn't be in his best interest for numerous reasons, one of course being the danger to his personal health.

So I am assuming this other woman would be someone of Nick's choosing, an acquaintance perhaps. That being the case, there are a whole new set of dynamics in motion than just visiting a hooker now and then. Would such a woman be Nick's friend? Probably. Would he be telling her about Adalind and the baby? Most likely. Would he be confiding things to her that he wouldn't be to Adalind? Most definitely.

While Nick's intention might be to "keep this relationship separate and apart", with said woman, is it possible that it might not end up the way he figured? In other words, could he end up falling in love with the extracurricular woman?

I think he could.
(11-25-2015, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]That aside, Juliette wouldn't need to seek forgiveness from Nick. All she has to do is corner him and use the powers Henrietta said she has. In short, just lip lock with him.

I don't think Juliette can pull that on Nick anymore, ESPECIALLY after what she did to his Mom. Not even the most powerful Hexenbiest could override that kind of rage.
(11-25-2015, 10:42 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2015, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]That aside, Juliette wouldn't need to seek forgiveness from Nick. All she has to do is corner him and use the powers Henrietta said she has. In short, just lip lock with him.

I don't think Juliette can pull that on Nick anymore, ESPECIALLY after what she did to his Mom. Not even the most powerful Hexenbiest could override that kind of rage.

How do you think Juliette will come back btw? Or what will she be like? Because as much as I hate that they're going to bring her back it's pretty obvious they will.

I'd like for them not to totally mess it up....
(11-25-2015, 10:46 AM)grimmfan14 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you think Juliette will come back btw? Or what will she be like? Because as much as I hate that they're going to bring her back it's pretty obvious they will.

I'd like for them not to totally mess it up....

I don't know that she would come back grimmfan14. I just said that to point out that if she came back as a hexenbiest, I doubt Nick could fight her kiss. You saw how he acted with Henrietta. He really doesn't stand a chance with Juliette. *If* she's the hexenbiest Henrietta said she was going to be.

That's another reason why I think what we saw with Juliette was not the hexenbiest itself, but Juliette's anger. If you think about it, all she really would have had to do is kiss Nick and she would have had much more control over him than throwing him against the wall. She could have simply killed him after that.
I see Nick and Adeline's relationship turning into a workplace friendship, working on the same project(Kelly), and doing their best to keep distracting personal feelings to a minimum. Both Nick and Adeline could have "friends" on the side who they might fall in love with, making for interesting seating arrangements at the dinner table. I agree those friends would have to be up to speed on the rules of the wessen world. Small children do not know what others consider "normal", they think their world is normal. Only later, when they visit their friends's homes do they notice the difference. I always thought big noisy messy families were the norm, then I met some only children living in picture perfect everything in its perfect place homes. It was a shock how weird those families were.Big Grin
(11-25-2015, 12:36 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I see Nick and Adeline's relationship turning into a workplace friendship, working on the same project(Kelly), and doing their best to keep distracting personal feelings to a minimum. Both Nick and Adeline could have "friends" on the side who they might fall in love with, making for interesting seating arrangements at the dinner table. I agree those friends would have to be up to speed on the rules of the wessen world. Small children do not know what others consider "normal", they think their world is normal. Only later, when they visit their friends's homes do they notice the difference. I always thought big noisy messy families were the norm, then I met some only children living in picture perfect everything in its perfect place homes. It was a shock how weird those families were.Big Grin

You really think this show is going to go have Adalind and Nick BOTH find new people to have relationships with? Develop those characters, pay them to be around all the time, etc etc?

This is definitely not happening. It will be Nick/Adalind, unless Adalind dies or Juliette comes back, or Nick is alone. I don't think they're giving each of them another random romance.
(11-25-2015, 10:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know that she would come back grimmfan14. I just said that to point out that if she came back as a hexenbiest, I doubt Nick could fight her kiss. You saw how he acted with Henrietta. He really doesn't stand a chance with Juliette. *If* she's the hexenbiest Henrietta said she was going to be.

He will if he turns grey and all UberGrimm, like he did in "Twelve Days of Krampus" (which I suspect Nick might do).
(11-25-2015, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to izzy for giving me the idea for this thread.

Once a year, whether I need to or not, I try and bring value to our relationship.

Quote:I was thinking about Juliette and the number of posts that suggest she needs to seek redemption from Nick. It's no secret, I don't particularly care for that idea because they all need to seek redemption. There isn't any one of them who's better than the rest, with the exception of Bud. Unfortunately, he's pawned off more as comedic than a serious (and good) character for the series.

That aside, Juliette wouldn't need to seek forgiveness from Nick. All she has to do is corner him and use the powers Henrietta said she has. In short, just lip lock with him.

But what about another woman? I don't mean a hexenbiest with powers to overcome resistance, just a regular woman.

Could a woman come between Nick and Adalind at this stage, or for that matter any stage in their relationship?

Are you serious? He is a single man, heck yes a woman can come between him and pretty much anything if she has a mind to.

And it isn't just Nick, but let's face it, especially Nick as he is morally compromised.

For those of you who don't understand P****-Power it is worth looking up Ian Fleming's interview on James Bond. Essentially the part he said was true, were the bits about women. Women can bend men to their will pretty easily.

And Nick, he is still a boy, a real woman could have him following her like a puppy dog.

Heck, if my woman wanted she could control me and I know it. Such is the allure of P****. She just is kind enough to allow me to maintain my illusion of free will.

This is not even a subject for debate. Men will lose every time unless they are castrated.

(11-25-2015, 10:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]While Nick's intention might be to "keep this relationship separate and apart", with said woman, is it possible that it might not end up the way he figured? In other words, could he end up falling in love with the extracurricular woman?

I think he could.

He could, but men are real, real good at putting the brakes on their emotions as long as they are getting a steady diet of vitamin P.

When I was young I had several long term relationships that now days are termed FWBs. I never stepped beyond those bounds.

There are women out there who are married and want a long term extra-curricular relationship, there are career minded women who don't want a family focus to detract them from their goal, and their are women who would be doctors or are on PHd tracks who also don't want the distraction of a real relationship. So there are several options for a man who has a need to compartmentalize his life.

Nick is a decent looking guy, he can dictate his terms, especially if he goes the Cougar route.

He could fall prey if the woman so desired, but if he targets his audience he can dramatically reduce the odds of her having the desire to get past his guard. And once again, it is a thirsty horse that runs to the trough, if he is getting his needs taken care of and has other options, it dramatically weakens the woman's hand.
Pages: 1 2