Grimm Forum

Full Version: Polarizing Opinions - A Nerd PSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been noticing a huge increase in the tension between those who are Team Nadalind and those who are Team Jick or Anti-Adalind in general.

Please be aware other people may not have opinions that mesh with our own and opposing ships in nerddom are the quickest way to start an all out war between posting factions. Just remember to keep it civil, offer creative arguments and reasoning behind your point and try to keep it out of the realm of attacking others.

Remember , The mutual love of an awesome show brought us all here to the same place , why can't we all just get along ?
(11-23-2015, 10:42 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing a huge increase in the tension between those who are Team Nadalind and those who are Team Jick or Anti-Adalind in general.

Please be aware other people may not have opinions that mesh with our own and opposing ships in nerddom are the quickest way to start an all out war between posting factions. Just remember to keep it civil, offer creative arguments and reasoning behind your point and try to keep it out of the realm of attacking others.

Remember , The mutual love of an awesome show brought us all here to the same place , why can't we all just get along ?
Well said TieDye! It calls to mind the Three C's of Dale Carnegie:
https://yourworldinview.wordpress.com/20...inciple-1/
They have remained Leadership Principle #1 for the Dale Carnegie Course, likely since it began in 1912. “Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain!”
New Guy
I SECOND THAT! Or is it third?
(11-23-2015, 10:42 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing a huge increase in the tension between those who are Team Nadalind and those who are Team Jick or Anti-Adalind in general.

I'm almost positive the showrunners are looking at these online arguments and cackling to themselves with glee.

(But please, let's not use the word "Jick.")
(11-23-2015, 02:01 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm almost positive the showrunners are looking at these online arguments and cackling to themselves with glee.

Well that's the point, isn't it? Juliette alone never raised this level of interest or passion from fans. But Adelind raises the stakes. It's a fictional television show that needs viewers at the end of the day.
Greetings Grimmsters,

Quote:I'm almost positive the showrunners are looking at these online arguments and cackling to themselves with glee.

If we use Monrosalee as a syntax guide is Nickliette the correct name?

If theses are name for ships will their fate be that of RMS Titanic or RMS Queen Mary?

New Guy
Honestly, nothing quite stirs the pot and brings in viewers like a controversy , I do believe the writers are evoking the exact reaction they want from fans . There is nothing quite like a fandom split in twain. They keep bringing up Juliette just to stoke the fire in my opinion.
(11-24-2015, 05:10 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, nothing quite stirs the pot and brings in viewers like a controversy , I do believe the writers are evoking the exact reaction they want from fans . There is nothing quite like a fandom split in twain. They keep bringing up Juliette just to stoke the fire in my opinion.

The problem is, they're doing so to the complete detriment of the characters. Regardless of the fans who try to defend it, Nick and Adalind's relationship compromises just about EVERYTHING we've come to know about these two since the beginning of the show, which means the rest of the cast are "fair game" too.

If a protagonist falling in love with his former rapist can happen, who's to say Monroe can't suddenly bite Rosalee's face off in the next episode? Or have Hank turn out to be a pedophile? The sky's the limit, right?
(11-24-2015, 07:27 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2015, 05:10 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, nothing quite stirs the pot and brings in viewers like a controversy , I do believe the writers are evoking the exact reaction they want from fans . There is nothing quite like a fandom split in twain. They keep bringing up Juliette just to stoke the fire in my opinion.

The problem is, they're doing so to the complete detriment of the characters. Regardless of the fans who try to defend it, Nick and Adalind's relationship compromises just about EVERYTHING we've come to know about these two since the beginning of the show, which means the rest of the cast are "fair game" too.

If a protagonist falling in love with his former rapist can happen, who's to say Monroe can't suddenly bite Rosalee's face off in the next episode? Or have Hank turn out to be a pedophile? The sky's the limit, right?

But don't look at it as a negative. Literally nothing is safe and really if we stack up the things that Nick and Adalind have done to each other it's a pretty horrendous list.

I'm not defending what either of them did but the characters are moving past it and both are apologetic for everything they have done to one another.

Do I want to see Juliette come back, hell no. I literally detest the character after what went down last season but if it's going to move the plot forward, I will enjoy the ride.

A lot of people have issues with Nick and Adalind but a lot of people see it as a natural progression and some, like me, think it was destined to be from the pilot.

A show will never please anyone but I for one am along for the ride, good or bad.
(11-24-2015, 07:27 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, the sky IS the limit. There been cases of Jewish prisoners marrying their guards, slave ship captains repenting and working towards abolition(author of Amazing Grace), great family politicans with deep dark sex secrets, criminals and thugs who found a new path when in prision, former drug addicts and alcoholics who sober up and work helping others, bad parents who realize their mistakes and become great parents. Never bet on anyone while they are still breathing.
Pages: 1 2 3