Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E03 - Lost Boys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Season 5 Episode 3
Lost Boys

[Image: tAFnWp1l.jpg]

Air Date: November 13, 2015

Synopsis: Rosalee (Bree Turner) goes missing after a band of orphaned children target her as the mother figure they have always wanted. With a furious Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) by their side, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) race against the clock to find Rosalee after discovering a connection to an earlier missing persons case that didn't have a happy ending. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) ponders a return to her career after running in to an old colleague. Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.
Meh!
I think sometime last season, around when Juliette turned into a Hexienbiest, this show jumped the shark.

I'll still watch it just to see where it goes. But my hope that the story will regain its footing is very dim. Sad

This show has always done a great job with the Locations. The Police station, Nick and Juliet's house, Monroe's house, the trailer, etc. First they burn down the trailer and now they sell the house. Its almost like losing characters. Beloved characters.

The Adalind/Nick story line, who came up with this idea? Who could think it was a good one?

Mezneer or whatever his name is shows up for 2 seconds, says he doesn't know where Diana is and then at the end we see that he has Trubel in a cell.

One thing that is interesting, it seems like the Lost Boys may become important to the mysterious uprising thing.

Well, maybe this is all going to some interesting places. but like I said I have little hope for it.
(11-13-2015, 09:08 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]The Adalind/Nick story line, who came up with this idea? Who could think it was a good one?

The scene where they had Nick bunk up with Adalind was the last f***ing straw. Normally I don't like resorting to profanity, but enough's enough. I could accept Nick giving Adalind security and shelter for the sake of their child, but voluntarily sleeping with the same woman who raped him (that's what she did, I don't care how you try to spin it) is beyond repulsive. Every last member of the writing staff should be ashamed of themselves.

I've come up with a solution, though. I simply hit the MUTE button whenever Nick and Adalind are sharing the same screen and make a sandwich. At least I can still enjoy the majority of the episode, but that's only going to be effective for as long as their scenes are kept to a minimum.

At any rate...we can officially cross Trubel off the list of whatever's occupying that other cell now.
(11-13-2015, 09:08 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Meh!
I think sometime last season, around when Juliette turned into a Hexienbiest, this show jumped the shark.

I'll still watch it just to see where it goes. But my hope that the story will regain its footing is very dim. Sad

This show has always done a great job with the Locations. The Police station, Nick and Juliet's house, Monroe's house, the trailer, etc. First they burn down the trailer and now they sell the house. Its almost like losing characters. Beloved characters.

The Adalind/Nick story line, who came up with this idea? Who could think it was a good one?

Mezneer or whatever his name is shows up for 2 seconds, says he doesn't know where Diana is and then at the end we see that he has Trubel in a cell.

One thing that is interesting, it seems like the Lost Boys may become important to the mysterious uprising thing.

Well, maybe this is all going to some interesting places. but like I said I have little hope for it.
Hi Lou,
It is unfortunate that Grimm is just dragging along. The Nick/Adalind story is pathetic. The least believable is how Nick puts his house for sale and like magic the sign changes to sold. When we sold our home in 2008 it took nearly a year and major renovation. The real world part of Grimm is just stupid. There are still nasty Wesen for Team Scooby to conquer, but that alone will not keep the show interesting.
New Guy
I liked this episode because I'm such a Grimm fan, but didn't love it.

The most unconventional family in the world lives in a bunker now. It fits with the absolute need of protecting the baby so guess I get it, but I miss the lovely old home that Juliette and Nick shared. It's almost an allegorical statement about what has become of Nick's life.

And Rosalee became the guest of four socially-challenged little wesen. I appreciated the Peter Pan references in naming some of the characters - Peter, Lily (who I hope will be rescued by Rosalee and Monroe), John, Miquel (Spanish for Michael), and Warden Hook. But these little thugs killed off more than one mother evidently, tsk, tsk, it's not nice to do that. Seriously, poor kids, now it looks like the system is going to exploit them again.

Meisner is very unknowable to me. Evidently, Renard didn't know about his father's demise and that the Resistance has Diana. I really believe that Meisner will see to Diana's well being because she seems to trust him. But also hope that the Captain will use all his resources to locate his daughter as soon as possible. Like Sebastien said, there's cabals within cabals and who do you trust. This show is becoming more and more about betrayal these days.

Well, we can stop guessing about who's in the cell now.
Seriously, if I'd been in the same room when the Nick/Adalind idea was pitched, my initial gut response would have been "What is this? What the hell are you guys talking about?" If saying that out loud would have ended in me getting sacked, so be it. I'd rather be unemployed in the midst of one of the unfriendliest economies in decades than work among morally bankrupt idiots.

If GRIMM isn't renewed for a sixth season, I won't be able to summon a whole lot of sympathy.
I was hoping things would move along faster wanted to start get an insight to where we will be going. This episode other than showing that the group is a terrorist group who like all these groups want them young so they can control their minds. Added nothing to the storyline.

Meisner and Trubel I don't see the why of that. Keeping Trubel in a locked dark cell why? If I were Trubel I be gone like the Flash once out. The previews from week to week are also losing we for 3 weeks now we seen Trubel hurt why? I want a preview of next week not 6 six weeks down the road.

I think episode 4 had better start to move the ball and we start getting some real answers.
(11-14-2015, 06:52 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lou,
It is unfortunate that Grimm is just dragging along. The Nick/Adalind story is pathetic. The least believable is how Nick puts his house for sale and like magic the sign changes to sold. When we sold our home in 2008 it took nearly a year and major renovation. The real world part of Grimm is just stupid. There are still nasty Wesen for Team Scooby to conquer, but that alone will not keep the show interesting.
New Guy

Well, we don't really know how long its been since the last episode. although it just seems like a couple of days, the house selling might be indicate that it was longer.
One thing the writers could have done is put the for sale sign up and then have Nick move out. Lot of people move out before the house sells.
Another "clue" that some time went by is he found the new place and somewhat equipped it.
I'm going to miss that ol' house.

(11-14-2015, 06:55 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciated the Peter Pan references in naming some of the characters
Ohmygosh. I totally didn't make the connection. And if anything it was way to obvious
(11-14-2015, 07:22 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2015, 06:52 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lou,
New Guy

Well, we don't really know how long its been since the last episode. although it just seems like a couple of days, the house selling might be indicate that it was longer.
One thing the writers could have done is put the for sale sign up and then have Nick move out. Lot of people move out before the house sells.
Another "clue" that some time went by is he found the new place and somewhat equipped it.
I'm going to miss that ol' house.

(11-14-2015, 06:55 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciated the Peter Pan references in naming some of the characters
Ohmygosh. I totally didn't make the connection. And if anything it was way to obvious
Good catch on the names. Some posted that Portland has a laws on new housing so it may be a seller's market. Like you said time may have been longer that it looked to get and setup the new place did take some time.

If Trubel is hurt will Nick take her there I think so?
(11-13-2015, 09:08 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Meh!

Agree, the landscape is getting to look a little apocalyptic. If they mess with the Police station, I'm going to call time out. But it could be because we are digging below the surface of the world of Grimm and sadly that's what deeper knowledge often brings. Nick and company will have to face it, though, and without the innocence of earlier times. But I love these grand old places, and will always miss them.

(11-13-2015, 09:08 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that is interesting, it seems like the Lost Boys may become important to the mysterious uprising thing.

There was a crocodile in Peter Pan. Maybe Warden Hook will be eaten by a Gelumcaedus! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7