Grimm Forum

Full Version: Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen the ratings so far for the first 2 episodes? As to up or down?
(11-13-2015, 12:40 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone seen the ratings so far for the first 2 episodes? As to up or down?

They are down slightly. Little less than 4%. However, spoiler tv's cancellation table lists it as being in danger!Sad

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this is not intended to be the last season?!

If some of the episode titles, and the casting call lists that a Forum member posted, are accurate, the show runners and writers intend to tie up a lot of long running story lines this season.

Makes me kind of wonder where the show can go from here? Dodgy
I have not seen the early ratings for S5E3, but my read for the prior two episodes is that Grimm may not be the highest rated show on TV or on Friday for all networks, but is the highest for NBC on Friday. I am not an expert on the TV industry, but NBC is not the highest rated channel on TV, why would they kill off their best performing show for Friday? Since Grimm started, the shows after Grimm have come and gone on a seasonal basis. Some of us may not like aspects of the show, but ratings are the bread and butter of advertising dollars. Killing the goose that lays a silver egg may not be a good idea when you don't have a gold laying one. Personally I don't watch much else on NBC.
(11-13-2015, 01:36 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]If some of the episode titles, and the casting call lists that a Forum member posted, are accurate, the show runners and writers intend to tie up a lot of long running story lines this season.

As mentioned several times in other threads, there can be many Grimms, in many locales throughout the country and world. Now that the concept of a wesen world has been established it would be trivial to end the Nick saga and start with a new set of characters in a new locale. They could even rotate the characters and setting aka the way the NBC Mystery Movie worked, which was themed around detectives(Columbo/McCloud/McMillian&Wife/Hec Ramsey) only this time it would themed around Wesen and/or Grimms.

For example how about a Hexenbeist lawyer who works as a public defender and defends wesen?

How about a social worker wesen or Grimm who works with troubled youth wesen.

How about something similar to the Truble story, only before she knew she was Grimm,seeing things, being put on drugs to stabilize her so called hallucination etc.

How about wesen in third and 4th world cultures?

The point is the universe has been established, there are so many directions the concept could move once they close the Nick saga. Those orphan kids in last nights episode was a sample of the potential. I found that episode far more compelling then the Nick/Keys/Royals saga. Personally I find Nick's story arc less than compelling (imagine giant yawn here).
(11-14-2015, 07:59 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2015, 01:36 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]If some of the episode titles, and the casting call lists that a Forum member posted, are accurate, the show runners and writers intend to tie up a lot of long running story lines this season.

As mentioned several times in other threads, there can be many Grimms, in many locales throughout the country and world. Now that the concept of a wesen world has been established it would be trivial to end the Nick saga and start with a new set of characters in a new locale. They could even rotate the characters and setting aka the way the NBC Mystery Movie worked, which was themed around detectives(Columbo/McCloud/McMillian&Wife/Hec Ramsey) only this time it would themed around Wesen and/or Grimms.

For example how about a Hexenbeist lawyer who works as a public defender and defends wesen?

How about a social worker wesen or Grimm who works with troubled youth wesen.

How about something similar to the Truble story, only before she knew she was Grimm,seeing things, being put on drugs to stabilize her so called hallucination etc.

How about wesen in third and 4th world cultures?

The point is the universe has been established, there are so many directions the concept could move once they close the Nick saga. Those orphan kids in last nights episode was a sample of the potential. I found that episode far more compelling then the Nick/Keys/Royals saga. Personally I find Nick's story arc less than compelling (imagine giant yawn here).
Hi Izzy,
I agree. Nick has not been very exciting since the 4.22 Cry Havoc. Has Grimm shot the wad? I hope NBC and the writers step it up!
New Guy
I don't know what to think of the ratings. I saw the one site had it as in danger but another site (TVLine I think it was) had it as a safe bet. I am really enjoying this season with its more serialized storyline tying into the Wesen of the week. I really don't watch much on NBC and Grimm is the only must see show on NBC for me.